5.0 out of 5 stars 7!
This product blends well with my natural skin tone. The color is subtle, so I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup which is a good thing. My face is not greasy feeling. I bought this product and a Garnier BB Cream (light to medium as well) on the same day. This one gets my vote.
Published on August 31, 2012 by Tree C

1.0 out of 5 stars It felt like a sunburn!
Published 17 months ago by hn722

5.0 out of 5 stars 7!, August 31, 2012
Tree C "Tree" (near Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olay CC Cream - Total Effects Tone Correcting Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, Light to Medium, 1.7 fl. Oz. (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S THE BEST, August 31, 2012
I'm an eighty-year old woman who has been using this product (under it's old name, Definity) for a number of years and I'm truly delighted with the ease of use and how evenly it covers my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would merit 5 star if Olay left out the parabens..., April 24, 2013
I have been using this CC cream for one week, and I am liking the look and feel of my skin so far! When I read some of the reviews, I was worried about the texture of this cream, wondering if it was really going to be sticky, hard to spread, and cause some of the irritation other reviewers complained of (reviewers who don't even have particularly sensitive skin). But to the contrary, I find the cream spreads very easily and has a pleasing scent. There are areas on my face that I feel are not concealed the way I'd like, so I use a few extra dabs on those areas. When I look in the mirror after an application, I see a nice dewiness and a softer appearance to my skin-- so I do think the cream reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles, in that aspect. In terms of skin tone-- I haven't witnessed any effects of balancing out my tone or reducing discolorations... yet. I'll give it more time, though! Since my skin is feeling pretty soft (even after long hours of wear) I am thinking Olay's claim to gentle exfoliating is accurate enough. I love how soft my cheeks are-- I'm addicted! I actually just touched my cheek right now and smiled ;) I do have combination skin-- dry in some areas, oily in others, and I think this cream addresses those issues well. Though I didn't expect a reduction in oil or oil absorption, I feel like the moisture the cream gives has done 'something' (I don't know what) to aid in a generally beautiful complexion.

The only con I could delve into is important to some people- not so much to others. I have been reading and researching all the myriad ingredients skin care, hygiene items, and sun care products contain that are in some ways being linked to cancer. I made a (nearly) clean sweep through my house discarding a lot of various products that contain parabens, phthalates, and sulfates (and in terms of sunBLOCK, I'm using brands that use ONLY titanium dioxide and zinc as opposed to the octocrylene, octisalate, etc that most sunSCREENS use). I currently use a line of products that I also use on my daughter, by SheaMoisture, that is organic and wonderful-- none of the yucky stuff. I don't even use anti-perspirant anymore (I mean, I use deodorant--I'm not a cave woman! but it's one of those crystallized salt and aloe jobs) so if you're at all concerned about these things, I'd maybe think twice about buying this cream that has three types of parabens as ingredients. I am still researching creams to see if I can find something that does what the BB and CC creams "do" but with mostly organic or natural ingredients. I'm a little embarrassed to confess to buying this product when I'm trying so hard to cut out unnecessary chemicals in my (and my family's) life... but I suppose I can be a real product of consumerism sometimes... ;) But at least it's just my face, not my daughter or husband's... :D

************UPDATE:
Having used this product now for two weeks, I am finding there are instances of irritation. I'm actually in the hospital now and have used the cream almost every day that I've been here (must look presentable for my visitors:) and since I haven't been outside, I can't attribute symptoms to allergies. I've noticed that for about ten or fifteen minutes directly after application, my eyes are itchy and water a bit. I never just slap anything on my face; I take great care to apply products evenly and carefully, especially around my eyes. I do have somewhat dark areas under my eyes, so I dab tiny amounts of the cream under my eye making sure I'm not touching the rims of my eyelids. This has happened every time, immediately after application, so I am thinking the cream is causing this irritation.

5.0 out of 5 stars all-around good product, June 29, 2012
A couple of years ago,Southern Living published a summer-makeup guide and recommended a tinted moisturizer, Tarte blusher and Grow Luscious Mascara for simple summer wear. I tried several tinted moisturizers before settling on this one. It is a good moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen and very gentle.... it does not settle in lines and pores on mature skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth unnoticeable face makeup, July 27, 2013
neecie (orange county CA) - See all my reviews
I'm 75 with some facial wrinkles and have never used makeup . Now, wanting to have some "cover up" started this moisturizer and it's great. Very light and easy to blend. Does not emphasize the wrinkles, but is smooth and thin. I like that it gives a more shiny look and not the dry powder appearance. I recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compare to Ponds BB+, August 31, 2013
I have never worn much foundation preferring simple tinted moisturizers just to provide some evening of skin tone. With the advent of BB creams, true tinted moisturizers are vanishing. I've tried regular BB creams but always found the finish too matte and powdery for older skin.

I happened to have big discount coupons for Olay CC and Ponds BB+ Pond's Luminous Finish BB Plus Cream with SPF 15, Medium Shade, 1.5 Ounce so picked up both at a discount store. Olay was around $20 (before coupon) for 1.7 FL ounces and Ponds around $10 fo 1.5 oz. Both have broad spectrum SPF 15 and promise "tone correcting". Picked Olay light to medium shade and Ponds medium. Olay comes out of the bottle silkier and a lighter color than the Ponds. Ponds was much darker with a gray undertone which worried me. However, I applied each to one side of my face with a makeup sponge and was unable to tell the difference between the two even in bright sunlight with a magnifying mirror. Ifyou don't use a sponge and apply heavier it might be different but both seemed to blend well with my skin. I didn't find either to be particularly "luminous".

Since these are not foundations, there is just skin evening, not coverage. You would still need to use concealer and/or foundation for that. Whether either delivers on the promise of dark spot reduction I can't say since I don't have much in the way of dark spots and any lasting effect would take several weeks.

Either of these work for me. I am giving only four stars since neither provides enough moisture or SPF to replace my regular moisturizer and sunscreen. If you don't live in a dry environment or spend much time outdoors you might be able to get away with just these products. In fairness, I am posting identical reviews for each product.

1.0 out of 5 stars It felt like a sunburn!, June 18, 2013
I was excited to try this "new" CC cream from Olay and I put it on as soon as I received it. Within 10 minutes of applying this product my face started to heat up. It felt like it was burning from the inside out. I left it on for another 10 minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore. I washed everything off my face as best I could but it still turned bright pink in all the areas where the product had been. I looked like I had a really bad sunburn and it hurt like one too. The swelling and burn started to subside a couple hours later after applying a little bit of ice to the affected areas. I wish I had reviewed the "active ingredients" more thoroughly before trying this product because apparently it has a higher than normal concentration of the chemical octocrylene which causes a lot of skin irritations. I have never had a reaction like this with any other face products and I only used a pea-sized amount. I would hate to have seen what would of happened if I had put more on or left it on longer than 20 minutes. If I could give this product zero stars I would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns!, January 12, 2014
KimberlyinMN (Frozen Tundra, MN) - See all my reviews
Wowzers! If I could actually give this NEGATIVE stars, I would. I just bought this locally at a beauty store that starts with a "U". I am definitely returning it. After applying this, my face turned red and burned so badly. Seriously, I looked like I had been out in the full sun for a few hours without sunscreen. To me, what's worse is that I was getting ready for a work party for my husband!! Great. :( I am so not impressed with this product. I don't even consider myself to have sensitive skin.

I also found that the Olay Tone Correcting Eye product that I just purchased turned my eyelids and surrounding area red and puffy. WHAT THE HECK?! I'm not sure what the "tone correcting" ingredient is in these products but I am so not impressed.

I would not suggest this CC product to anyone, except maybe my worst enemies, but I don't have any. I am still an Olay fan, just not the tone correcting.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best make-up and cream ever...., May 22, 2012
Sarah (524 south sage lompoc,ca, United States) - See all my reviews
I never got lucky with uv moisturizer... cream or anything else, but this one change the way I thought about uv moisturizers. My skin looks younger and beautiful. I recomend this Olay for every person that not happy with your own uv, cream or base.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely no coverage, November 5, 2012
Stephanie Frisbie (Archbald, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Disappointed. I thought this product had sheer coverage, and it does appear tinted in the bottle, but in fact this product offers no more coverage than a regular un-tinted moisturizer. I applied it to half of my face and could see no difference between the side with and the side without the product. For the price, it should do more.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 26, 2012 12:10:48 PM PST
Thanks for posting your review of our new CC Cream, Stephanie. You posted your review under our Light to Medium version. Did you know we have a medium to deep version? Give us a call at 1-800-285-5170 so we can help replace the Light to Medium with the Medium to Deep. Thanks!