Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

Style Name: Microdermabrasion Refill|Change

VINE VOICEon August 22, 2013
Style Name: Microdermabrasion Kit|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Olay Microdermabrasion system is pretty much an improved version of their original Pro X facial brush.

What's different? Well, for starters, this brush has 3 settings as opposed to the 2 on the original. The third setting is faster and intended for the deeper cleaning with a microdermabrasion scrub.

It also not only comes with the standard brush head, but a soft, sponge head for using the microbrasion setting.

It should be noted that you can still use the regular Pro X brush heads with this, which is great if you have some brush heads on hand already.

You get everything you need to start off in this kit, including batteries (which I love) . You get a small cleanser and a small microdermabrasion scrub. It is important to know you can use this system with ANY cleanser or scrub. Olay wants you to buy their brand of course, but it is not necessary to get the desired results. I recommend you use the lower setting for daily use with your cleanser and the higher setting 1-2 times a week with an exfoliatant. When using an exfoliant, you will want to wash off any residue left from microbeads or grains the use in the product to avoid it clogging your pores.

As I stated when I reviewed the original Pro X skin care brush, this is just as effective on skin as the higher priced brands. Save money and buy this!

The lowdown is you get a great effective facial cleansing brush that is good for everyday cleansing and also deeper scrubbing, at a fraction of the cost of higher brands.
22 comments|339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2013
I've been using this product for two weeks. I've done the crystals three of the nights and the cleanser alone on the other days.

The cleansing cream is designed to work with the scrubber and I like it fine. I haven't noticed a difference with it or other cream cleansers at this point. Prior to this, I used a variety of cleansers and I wash my face with my hands (versus using a washcloth) unless my makeup needs some extra help to come off.

MY SKIN TYPE: Oily ... MY CLIMATE: humid (so I wouldn't normally need much moisturizing, but even with the natural conditioning, my skin feels softer and smoother with this product).

I have used nearly identical crystals with Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System 1 Kit where you rub the crystals with your hand around a wet face and then apply a thermal product. That one was cool, but rubbing the crystals with your hands is fairly abrasive. Your hands get kind of sore. So having the tool is a real bonus.

The crystal "salve" from both products require rinsing and rubbing off with wet hands or a washrag, but I tend to use less with this system so it's easier.

The motor..well, I can't see much use for level 1, but I guess that's a personal thing. I tend to use the highest level on everything and it's not nearly as powerful as I had imagined. I would like to see a proportionately level 5 at least!

Why the tool can be an improvement to using your hands:
1. The abrasive crystals in the salve are abrasive to your hands
2. It keeps everything cleaner
3. Probably more gentle to use the cushioned disk. It seems to limit the pressure.

Professional microdermabrasian has a reputation for leaving skin raw, so I expected something MORE when I used this... Like raw skin or something. But that might be actually damaging to the skin. And painful. This is not painful. It's slow and steady.

Verdict on my skin? It's definitely smoother. In two weeks, my dark spots do seem a teeny bit lighter. Olay does not promise that it will change that soon. It seems my occasional acne has not been appearing. But honestly, the first few days it seemed like it was.. so it may have been drawing out the bacteria at that point.

After using the product and rinsing your face. Pat dry and apply a good night cream or Argan Oil (that stuff is fabulous for making your skin soft). When you need to refill the crystals, I recommend getting the set mentioned above Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System 1 Kit because the warming product is very cool and it will work better with this tool.

At first I wasn't excited about the product, but I have been converted and I do like it. I like how it does go into the crannies of my face if I move it around enough and it feels good to me during and after.

Amazon provided me this product for free in exchange for an honest review. I know 5 stars is a lot and I don't give that easily, but for the price and what you get and how well it works, I think it deserves it. It's not a facelift, but it does make for a soft face and will work those nasty dead cells off your face.

[...]
22 comments|442 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
I bought this originally with the little Olay spinner machine. Total impulse buy, but I've been trying to save money and the $120 I was shelling out for microderm twice a year (I've had six of them at various salons) was feeling like more than I wanted to spend. For about $30, I thought I'd try this. The first time I used it with the little spinner machine, I was very careful to go over all my face twice, just like the girls do when they do the salon microdermabrasions. What was BETTER about this than the salon microderm, was that it was ME doing it. I know how my face feels, I know how long to stay on one area of skin and when to move on so it doesn't get irritated. It took about 10 minutes to do a thorough job of it - sounds like a long time, but it saved me about an hour and a half if you count the time it took me to drive to the salon, wait in their waiting room, have the girl do the actual procedure, and then drive home. The shortest microderm I ever had was 20 minutes plus drive time, the longest was well over an hour, so 10 minutes is nothing. Then, just like they do at the salon, I put a layer of vitamin C serum (skinceuticals) on my face, (I know, I should have done a mask first, but I had neither the time, nor the patience), then a high quality moisturizer (skin medica.) My face felt great and I had that same glow I love getting with microderm at the salon. The real kicker was that the next morning, it STILL looked great. I am sold. The next time I tried using the thermal crystal polisher with just my fingers to save time. I did not get the same results, so I am back to taking the time with the little machine. GREAT buy.
on April 5, 2014
I started by reading others reviews on this Product and everyone seemed to say the same thing, about what a GREAT Product this is and the Amazing results.
So not reading but One or Two Negative remarks out of over 200 I figured I would try it. Also I will admit that the older reviewers who stated their ages ( being in late 50's and up) also had a lot to do with my decision to purchace this item. I absolutely LOVE it!!!! I was a smoker for many years (I am 68 yrs of age & no longer smoke) so I have the "lines" and then some! the finer ones were noticeably reduced within two weeks. the very first time I used this I felt amazing, My skin was so clean and had a light sheen. After 3 days I SAW a difference in my skin (not that the lines were gone) but more like when you apply makeup and your skin color is even and smooth. Can't put your finger on it but U know you see a difference. I was so pleased with the results of just a few days use of this Product that got online and bought two more and gave one to my daughter and daughter in-law who are in their 30's a Kit. They both take pride in their skin and do not have wrinkles other than the lil "kiss" marks at outer eye corner's. I had to laugh when both of them called me a few days later (without having talked to each other) and said ….OMG I LOVE this!!!! it has been over a month and MY lines are NOW most definitely much fainter!!! I used the Red Cap cleaner every night and the Blue Cap Polisher every other night and a lot of Moisturizer after treatment. My girls have a very even skin tone and both look so refreshed and neither wear liquid makeup or powder now…THAT is how lovely their skin is. I also admit to having left my house a few times with a "clean" face just Mascara and lip stick which I NEVER EVER do or did because I was one of those gals in my youth who thought baking in the Sun made me look good only to see at this age the results of all that Sun damage…. uneven skin tone and the red /brown blotches. Honestly that is how good your skin looks and how good you feel about yourself! I really hope this review helps someone else make their choice in trying this product. And by the way I have NEVER have done a Review before.
on November 29, 2015
I have been looking at the different systems for awhile. I always look at the reviews and try to make a good guess like everyone else, right? So, I make sure to leave all the pros and cons so other can benefit as well :)

What I like about this system is:
1. It has 3 speeds, you can control how deep of a cleaning you want, which is great around the eyes and mouth areas.
2. It comes with two different heads so that you can use it with different cleaners and other areas of your body if you choose to do so.
3. It comes with samples of two cleaners so you can test if you like them and/or if your allergic or not
4. Price point is amazing compared to other products and your getting the same quality.
5. As you see in the 4th picture it gives you a weekly schedule suggestion of cleaning so you don't over clean your face, which as you know can cause breakouts and even more issues.
6. Replacement heads are easy to find and are not expensive.

The only con I have so far is when I put the batteries in, it is quite hard to take the bottom off, so I had to take a edge of a butter knife in the ridge to bump it a little as not to damage the unit, so do be careful with that.

Bottom line, I would recommend and I am very happy with the purchase.
review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon August 20, 2013
An effective battery-operated skin cleansing tool with a spinning brush and foam pad. It has 3 speeds for: Cleansing, Deep Cleansing and Microdermabrasion.

This kit comes with the cleansing tool, snap on brush, foam pad, batteries, samples of the Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser and Thermal Crystal Polisher. For me the real magic is the thermal crystals + foam pad + the additional microdermabrasion speed. Don't get me wrong the brush at the lower speeds with the exfoliating renewal cleanser delivers a good cleansing and gentle exfoliation that can be used daily very much like Olay's original cleansing system. However used at microdermabrasion speed, the crystals with the foam pad are AWESOME. So much so they are only recommended TWICE a week with at least a day in between to avoid irritation from "too much of a good thing". The results are nearly as good as an in-office microdermabrasion.

You can look forward to brighter, smoother, pore-minimized skin after your first two microdermabrasion treatments. It does deep clean, smooth and exfoliate nicely and preps your skin for your favorite serums and moisturizers with immediate absorption and results.

This new entry to the Olay family is an upgrade AND improvement to the Olay Pro-X AND DDF version of the skin tool with it's microdermabrasion 3rd speed. The others are 2-speed and are documented to deliver 400% better exfoliation compared to this 3-speed one which says 700% better exfoliation. The Olay crystals have more grit than the DDF formulated cyrstals. The brush and foam pad are interchangeable across the three different tools. So when you upgrade you don't lose your investment in the other tool and accessories. I plan on using my original for travel and the Microdermabrasion + for home.

Although the Microdermabrasion + is more expensive than the original Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System, it is cheaper than DDF usually sold @ dermatologist offices or stores. Another positive with this new entry is the refill IS AVAILABLE and cheaper than the hard to find DDF refills.

EVEN IF you already have the original Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System it is worth getting the Microdermabrasion Refill Kit for the foam pad and the crystals for twice weekly special treatments. I've used the DDF Refills for at least a year on my original Olay cleansing system. You will see improvements in the interim before you decide to upgrade to the 3-speed Microdermabrasion Kit. I'm betting you'll upgrade sooner OR later!

PS I have a Clarisonic, which doesn't spin and cleans well. I like the Microdermabrasion + BETTER for it's effectiveness and relatively economical cost for purchase and ongoing use.

***Microdermabasion + has a smaller brush head than the Clarisonic BUT the foam pad is larger than the microbrasion tool at the dermatologist's office too. The nurse goes across each area THREE times as though you're making an asterisk design on your skin. Hope this helps :)
1111 comments|188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2014
I am an avid consumer of the olay pro-x series and already owned the advanced cleansing system and then I stumbled upon this product which I had not tried yet. I ordered it and yes, the scrubber head attaches to the current pro-x advance cleansing system cleaner. However, even if you don't have this particular cleaning system I keep referencing PLEASE still order this because the magic is in the product. This is hands down the best at home microdermabrasion treatment you could get but a reasonable price. I get compliments on my skin all the time on how glowing and firm my skin looks and I tell them that it was this product. I seriously can't say enough about it!
on January 22, 2014
I love this and used it today for the first time! I use it with my 20 dollar buffer and my skin is incredible! Know I am 54 (pass for a few years younger!) and credit taking care of my skin (and no smoking) with maintaining a good look. I credit my mom here..."after 50 it is a matter of maintenance!". Here's to maintaining and special thx to Amazon!
on March 17, 2015
I've only had the olay pro x for a week, but so far I can see a difference in my skin. My skin is smoother and my pores appear smaller. I've only been using it once a day because my skin is super sensitive and has to be phased into using a new face wash. But so far it's been working. I have not used the microdermabrasion treatment, but when I do I will come back and give a review. The brush head is smaller than I thought it would be, and the brissles are super soft.
review image
on December 11, 2013
I bought the original 2 speed version only a short while ago and was loving it, then I came across the Pro-X Microderm Plus featuring 3 speeds and suddenly wished I had found and purchased this one first. Though the Pro-X 2 speed worked fine and improved the texture of my skin, I didn't feel like 2 speeds was really doing enough for a really deep cleanse. Upon finding the Microderm Plus, I purchased it immediately. I feel as though I wasted money buying the 2 speed Pro-X because I won't ever use it again. The third speed on the Microderm Plus is just the increase in exfoliation that I was looking for, I even use the 3rd speed with the cleansing brush on nights when I am not using the microderm pad. I really like the thermal crystal wash, I have used it both with the microderm pad as well as the brush. The cleansing wash is okay, a pretty typical exfoliating cleanser and I often use my Proactiv exfoliating wash with the Pro-X instead.

I feel that this product has really enhanced the look, feel and texture of my skin. I feel that when used at night, after first removing most of my makeup with a wipe, using the Pro-X really gets the remaining traces of dirt, grime, and makeup out of my skin. I am prone to occasional breakouts and since using the Pro-X as an addition to my nightly face wash regimen, I have noticed a decrease in active breakouts, dry skin, and uneven texture. I also have some acne scars from those terrible high school years and I feel that regular use of the Pro-X system is beginning to help fade the most surface ones slightly.
I don't typically write reviews unless I am really impressed or really disappointed in something, in this case I am impressed. My skin just looks and feels healthier since I began using this product, it has gotten rid of the nasty dry patches on my cheeks, it keeps the pores on my nose from building up clogs, and it has decreased the amount of oil I produce in my T-zone. I use the Pro-X in the morning on the gentle cleansing setting with the brush in the shower (it is waterproof!) for a gentle morning exfoliation - pre toner, moisturizer, and makeup. I use the more intense 3rd setting at night either with the micoderm pad and thermal cleanser or the brush, after removing makeup with a wipe, prior to night cream.
Overall, I am impressed with the Microdermabrasion Plus System, I will continue to use it daily and I will probably repurchase the thermal cleanser at some point. I would definitely recommend purchasing the Pro-X Microderm Plus over the original Pro-X because the Microderm Plus simply has more options, allowing you to choose between 3 speeds if you want a gentle cleanse, a moderate cleanse, or a deeper exfoliation. I think purchasing the Microderm Plus initially is a better investment - paying more in the beginning will save you from becoming quickly disenchanted with the limited 2 speed system and wasting money later when you upgrade to the 3 speed microderm system like I did.