Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 5, 2009
Background- I am 38 and have been told I look good for my age. I have olive and oily skin but not prone to breakouts. I do have some discoloration from many years out on the beach and have some fine lines around my eyes. I got Botox and IPL treatements a few years ago before my wedding and I loved the results however I cannot afford to do that on a regular basis and I don't want to end up with a freeze face as I call it. Too much Botox is not a good thing.
Fast Forward- The effects of my IPL and Botox treatments are long gone. I have tried many lines of beauty products, studied ingredients, etc. When I heard about Pro X, I decided to try it. For the price, it's really not bad considering what I have paid for dept. store brands. I had a $5 coupon and a $25 rebate so it was a $31 investment.
I have been using the "starter kit" for just about a month now and this is what I have observed:
*Tightening of skin around eyes/crowsfeet- yes, my neighbor asked my husband if I had got shot up with Botox! 2 other friends of mine wanted to know what I was using on my skin. They said I look refreshed.
*My skin is more even toned and pores appear smaller- I say "appear" because your pores can't shrink and don't buy anything that says it will SHRINK pores. Also, my skin has better clarity and it's more even toned. This product does not claim to cure hyperpigmentation but it really has improved mine!
*My skin is moisturized, glows- I have oily skin and these products are not oily at all. Also, I have psoriasis so fragrance is a NO NO! I don't need a break out on my face. I also like the fact that the product seems to absorb rather than SIT on the surface of my skin. It just feels good on my skin!
All and all, I think this product, especially the eye cream and night cream are exceptional! The daytime moisturizer is great but I prefer a tinted moisturizer (my preference- MD Skincare Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20, worth every penny! ).
I don't use Olay cleansers as I prefer Cetaphil, Witch Hazel and Baking Soda (YEP) for exfoliation. My experience with cleansers is simple is better. Also I believe their cleanser have fragrance.
I will continue to use Olay Pro X religiously! Everyone will have different results of course but my experience has been nothing short of exceptional and NO MORE NEEDLES! It's the first time I have written a product review and this one I felt was worth sharing.
11 comment115 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 11, 2009
Package Type: Standard PackagingVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Summary: After using this product for three weeks, I have elected to stay with the regimen constructed by my dermatologist: Renova (for exfoliating dead skin and building collagen) and CeraVe (for moisturizing). While some may find this cost prohibitive, I will elect to invest a little more in my skin-care to achieve optimal results. A study recently conducted by Allure magazine agrees.

The details: With Renova running about $200.00 per tube and Olay claiming comparable results, I decided to take a break from my usual regime and try Pro-X. The results simply paled in comparison. My skin simply lacked the luster and smoothness that Renova delivers. Moreover, while Renova is odorless, there is a slight medicinal note to the Pro-X products. (I'm curious if that scent is added to give the consumer a feeling that he/she is using a product that is comparable to prescription "medications" or if it's merely a result of the ingredients).

Who I think this could see results from this system: I have always been devoted to proper skincare. When I entered my 20s, I began yearly trips to the dermatologist to ensure that I would never have "play catch-up" with time. Ten years later: Renova was/is worth every single dollar. (And when used properly, peeling is very rare). However, if you have been neglecting your skin for years (by sun-bathing, not wearing a SPF daily, smoking, drinking etc...) and want to change your habits as well as the quality of your skin, I believe you will see results with Pro-X. No, it will not be the same as visiting your local dermatologist, but it will be a close second. So, PLEASE, skip the expensive department-store creams (like Chanel, Clinique, Estée Lauder, etc...), they are nearly as expensive as Renova (if not MORE expensive) and do not have shared results. (Kinerase is the exception here ... dermatologists do recommend this product for diminishing fine lines and improving texture).

If you do not have medical insurance and do not care to pay for a visit to the dermatologist (it can be pricey, I agree), try Pro-X and expect results.

The caveat: Allure magazine recently conducted an independent study of Pro-X (which alleges to give similar results to Renova). (See this month's issue). The results: after 24 weeks of using Pro-X, subjects saw a 25% reduction in the appearance of wrinkles ... but the results were not as dramatic as those who use Renova. (However, subjects did not experience the potential dryness and peeling that can result from over-applying or overusing Renova).

So it's pretty much about your expectations and your priorities (and the state of your finances). Pro-X will deliver results to those who have seriously neglected their skin. Pro-X will not deliver results to those who have been vigilant (i.e. obsessed with optimal skin health). If you are tempted, then I say, try this product ... and (whatever the results) return here and post your experience!
2727 comments380 of 420 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2009
My skin condition is towards the dry and sensitive side.

This is a product that requires some time to see a more clear result. But, after my first few uses, I can say that I enjoy it very much, no less than the expensive products from Lancome, Lamer, or Estee Lauder.

As soon as you apply any of the three products on your skin, you can feel immediate hydration that lasts for hours. However, it does not make you feel greasy or oily. Instead, it feels silky and soft. One thing I'd like to specially mention about the SPF day lotion is that it doesn't make my skin feel remarkably stingy like the other SPF products that I've used. It is a little bit, but very subtle. Again, my skin is on the sensitive side. It does not affect other people the same way. Most people might not even feel it.

I will continue to use it and update everyone on my observation. For a week of use now, I do enjoy the products very much. My 4-star rating comes from not knowing its full effect at this point.

***January 15, 2009***

I will continue to say that I enjoy the products and all of the above stay true.

After I apply the cream, it does what Olay has claimed, which is to moisturize my skin and help stay smooth and hydrated for hours to come. It does not feel greasy or uncomfortable at all. It is a lot like Lancome's many products. The only difference is that Lancome's smell is very strong and floral, which is partly what makes it cost so much.

The only suggestion I will make is that it would be quite nice if it were easier to be spread out on the face with a bit of fragrant smell that would not hurt.

Good skin does come from many factors, food intake, weather, hormones, genetics, chemical procedure, etc. Products as this do not reduce wrinkles or take away any permanent damanges/changes. That being said, good products do help skin stay hydrated, feel smooth and good, as well as be protected from direct sunlight.

In conclusion, I believe these products are as good as advertised.
11 comment59 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2009
One thing I would NEVER skimp on is my moisturizer. I've been an Estee Lauder girl for years. I tried this kit and have been amazed at what it has done for my face. I am almost 60 years old. The starter kit lasted for 2 months for me. I use it twice a day. The skin around my eyes is so tight compared to what it was that it's hard to believe. The face creams have made a difference in the look and feel of my skin too. This kit, combined with the Regenerist Sculpting Cream for the jaw line only, have made me an Olay convert!! Amazon has the best price around. Order it and give it a try. You won't be sorry!!! If you don't like it for some reason, Olay will refund your money as long as you've used it for 30 days. I don't normally write reviews, but on this one I had to pass it along. Amazing stuff and reasonably priced.
0Comment43 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2009
I have been using this Pro-X kit faithfully and as directed for 3 weeks. I've been waiting and watching for a noticeable change and I finally got it in the form of acne. I've used primarily Olay products for years and have not had this problem before. If Pro-X is meant to make you look younger by putting you through puberty a 2nd time, then I guess it works. I much prefer Olay Regenerist (less expensive too) and I will go back to using the complete line. My favorites are:

Olay Regenerist Night Recovery
Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum
Olay Regenerist 14 Day Skin Intervention
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2009
This review is from a guy's perspective - which might be unique.

In today's economy, first impressions can be key- male or female. With the use of this product, I found similar results from those I get at a dermo Dr., and better than expensive department store brands.

I found Olay's system to greatly reduce my problem area's: the forehead area,and under eye 'puffy' problems or circles.

Fine lines were diminished, or eliminated within a week. The eye area looked better with the 1st application! I have found the results to be ongoing.

The product DOES NOT have a scent, which is a huge PLUS.

The products are easy to slip into a gym bag, or just use or share at home - this one is NOT just for the ladies! Trust me! This is a GREAT product!
on June 2, 2009
I tried this only because of Olay's refund offer if dissatisfied.
I am 65 years old and don't expect miracles, but I liked it enought to keep the kit and order some of the full sizes.
PROS: Simple routine, no odor to the products, the eye cream absorbed very well and seemed to blur my crow's feet and make them less noticeable. The day cream wasn't heavy or greasy and had a decent SPF. The night cream was also light and non greasy.
CONS: No drastic results, but I believe my eye area showed a bit of improvement after the first month.
I ordered full sizes of the same 3 products and will continue monitoring my progress (or lack of).

AUGUST 2, 2009 UPDATE
These products are very gentle with no irritation, but I don't see any long term improvement in my crow's feet, undereye wrinkles or any other wrinkles. When I apply the eye cream the eye area seems smoother, but at night when my skin is washed and free of all products the "improvement" isn't there.
I don't know if I will continue with this regime.
SEPTEMBER 6, 2009
I have finally concluded that this line of products doesn't work for me. I returned 2 of the items to Olay for a refund recently.
0Comment31 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Listen, no matter what anyone says, no one and no thing can turn back the hands of time! That said, there are things one must do to make that slide down that slippery slope a wee bit slower, a bit less painful. Stay out of the sun, wear sunglasses, drink water, wash your face with gentle cleanser and for goodness sake, moisturize! You absolutely must moisturize!

Olay is an excellent manufacturer of moisturizing skin products. Olay is serious about it's research and not frivolous in it's stated benefits. It is a company that offers an excellent product for a reasonable price....no frills, luxury packaging, fragrance or pushy sales force. Olay is sold at drug stores not department stores.

If you purchase the Olay Anti-Aging Starter Protocol Pro-X kit you will get three excellent skin care products for less than $65. This is about as good as you are going to get....unless you are going to a dermatologist who will prescribe Retin-A or Renova.

If you use these three Pro-X products you will be using a very good moisturizing night cream, a soothing eye cream and an excellent moiturizing sunblock day cream. You will look better and you will be protecting your skin. Thats what you are going to get.

Olay makes a confusing array of products. I have tried most of them and I have to admit that I find most of them impressive! As good as fancy, department store brands at many times the price.

Is the Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream in this kit better than Olay's top-rated Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream? I find the Regenerist line excellent! The Micro-Sculpting Cream is a wonderful moisturizer. After using it my skin is soft and smooth and feels great. I have found almost no difference between the two creams.

Olay also makes the Definity line of anti-aging products. I am a big fan. I find my skin is even and glowing and soft and smooth after using the Deep Penetrating Foaming Moisturizer. Small spots lighten or disappear over time. I also like the Definity Eye Illumiator which not only moisturizes but somehow lightens the undereye area.

So, I have confused you? I am confused myself!

I think that the most important thing is to take care of your skin. You don't have to spend a fortune in the process. This kit is a good value and the products are excellent and they are formulated to work together. They will not make you younger but they will protect your skin and keep it healthy and attractive at any age. That's pretty good, isn't it?
VINE VOICEon February 8, 2009
I am familiar with many skin care lines- Lancome, Nivea, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, La Prairie, to name a few. Sure, they are all nice, but the price can be high.

About a year ago, a reputable group tested many of these skin care creams. The overall winner was Olay ( Regenerist I believe?)-big surprise. It won the No 1 spot over some very pricey creams. And they did make the point that high price did not mean better (they even tested the extremely expensive $250/oz creams).

A few years ago, I started trying out more & more of the Olay products. They have gone way beyond that pink lotion from the 70's to 80's. Their skin care lines are lovely, rich, and absorb well into the skin. And they are quite remarkable. Their Definity & Regenerist lines are terrific.

I was curious to try this new addition to their lineup: Pro-X. I am very pleased with it. As my skin has had some bad reactions to some high priced creams-discontinued due to rash or comedones (a.k.a. bumps or pimples), I usually patch test a bit on my arm first-- a dot or so). If OK 24 hours later, I'll put it on my face and eyelids. So, I am happy to report that this is well tolerated & quite nice. No problems at all.

I follow the directions for day & night use. Although, I have found that putting Olay's Regenerist under the ProX night care may provide added benefit. With this ProX line it is possible that the results might be quite good overall. (I'll try to update in a few weeks.) I have also applied this cream after using an exfoliant (other brand) and am quite pleased to note a new softness to my face. That's always nice!

I am especially pleased that a small amount of this cream covers the skin nicely and is well absorbed. There is no greasy mask feeling to this at all-no smears on the pillow, either. So, if something isn't thick and greasy, I am more likely to use it steadily.

A word about the packaging- I like the Red containers-more importantly, they are easy to store, open, & apply.

In Alaska, it can be pretty dry in the winter. This is a great cream to combat winter dryness!

I am very glad that fine skincare is accessible and more affordable!
With skin care-high price does not mean better!

Later on: Face looks good. No intolerance to product. No rash.

I read a few other reviews. I'd like to add that I have been very diligent taking care of my skin since the teen years. Always used a good moisturizer. (not every night, but more so mid 20's). I guess I got spooked by a TV ad that said "For that skin over 25"-horrors!

Even so, I would say there is a significant nice soft feel to the skin after exfoliation (a few times a week) & application of Regenerist serum, prior to use of Pro X (again, not every day). I'm familiar with most skin care lines and I find this to be quite good. Price certainly is an issue-especially these days! I am glad that Olay has expanded their line.
With a name like Pro-X I am imagining that Olay has targeted this as a more serious and professional level product to compete with the luxury brands such as Dior, Elizabeth Arden. Certainly, the packaging is very upscale and the red color has a wow factor.

I have had a great experience with Olay Regenerist Age Defying series of products. Especially [[ASIN:B0000CC64W Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum, Concentrated Amino-Peptide Complex, Fragrance Free - 1.7 fl oz]. I have been a fairly regular user of this serum for 2 years and love the results. I don't need it for wrinkle repair yet but it keeps my skin soft and smooth and really silky. People always comment on the glow when I use this product more regularly. I usually wear it at night and sometimes mix a small quantity with makeup for day time use.

This Pro-X set seems to be essentially the same product as the Regenerist range. Perhaps it is a bit more concentrated and will give better results over time but it is hard to say after trying for just 2 weeks. I would prefer the serum if they made it without the SPF 30 factor, so it could be more colorless as that feels really silky (rather than milky) and works better with makeup. The night creme and the eye repair cream are both great products and are also irritation free.

Overall, for 3 products I think it is a good value when you see the results. Over time I am sure this regimen will yield great results and diminish fine lines and would work especially well for 45+ women. A much better solution than Botox!