Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Style Name: Hydra Firming Cream|Change

on May 16, 2009
Was using Kinerase line before trying this product...went immediately from my Kinerase regimen (cleanser,toner, cream, and eye formula)to the Olay Pro X line...it's been three weeks and I cannot tell a difference between Kinerase and Pro X...will definitely purchase ProX again. I have read some disappointing reviews of this product line but I strongly beg to differ. I was pleasantly suprised. As much as any of us hate to admit, how well we age is determined predominately by genetics plus exercise, good nutrition, hydration, sunscreen and regular skin care. No skin care line is going to be a miracle for any of us...my philosophy is to think young and age gracefully. If you are still not satisfied, consider a plastic surgeon. Besides, Consumer Reports (both USA and France)tested a variety of skincare lines (StriVectin, Lancome, La Mer, included) and found that after a couple of months, Olay had the BEST results of any of them...and I must admit that Consumer Reports is usually on target. I recommend this line...and if the ProX is too much, Regenerist is a great alternative. I am very satifsfied and will continue to purchase this product in the future Why I have wasted so much money on lines like Kinerase, Dr Hauschka, and NV Perricone, I'll never know. I guess we really want to believe that the more expensive a product line, the better it is...save your money and spend it on great hair color, cut and makeup...just as effective in my humble opinion.
44 comments|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2009
I am a pale, blue eyed blonde with roseacea from my red haired irish mother. My skin is my worst feature, so I have spent years and money chasing every skin care promise made by most American manufacturers. In my experience, Olay has been an "ok" product, but seemed "watery" to me, never a very effective line for moisturizing skin that really needs moisture. The Pro-X Hydra Firming Cream was a total surprise. It felt like silk going on, and my skin went to a "normal" color of skin....it eliminated the redness (not permanently, but for about 10 hours until the next application). I don't know how to express the feeling this gives my skin other than to say my skin felt "relaxed", and my color "calmed down." I re-ordered this product because while it did noticeably help the appearance of fine lines, I mostly became addicted to how it made my skin feel. I do put a moisturizer on top of the Hydra firming cream, and it seems to work fine in cooperation with a moisturizer.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2009
I am very much into skin care since I was in my teenager. From Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, Lancome, La Mer, Prevage, Trish McCoy, Guerlain to Aveeno........... almost every name brand you can find on the counter or department store - I try them all. I wasn't very keen on Olay when I tried it in my early 20's - I just do not like its texture and smell - it also irritates my skin. I didn't touch this brand - OLAY for over 20 years.

When I saw their break through product Pro-X line - I put a big question mark on its quality and price. In November '08, I saw they were promoting its starter kit at Amazon and I thought I would give it a try - a very last try.................at least.

Surprisingly, it works! I look at all the ingredients written on it, went to their site and learn more about this product. Also study hard enough to ensure those anti-wrinke ingredients are the ones that I am looking for, eg: peptide. is in that jar.

I put on their SPF 20 lotion in the morning and this cream in the evening. I could tell the difference after a few days. The face is some what tighten up a bit and the texture is a bit smoother. However, it does not contain any ingredients that can brighten up my skin color. Some of my chickie friends use this as welll and we compare our end result after one month. They all claimed that it improves and tighten their skin!

What I like best:
+ The price compare with other Brand name products - it is a steal!
+ It does not carry too much fragrance.
+ There is a flip on the jar to protect the content inside - if you travel and carry all your jars of cream in your suitcase - you'll understand how neat it is to have flip for extra protection.
+ There is a rebate that one can dowload at their site - $25! Yeah!
+ Easy accessibility - at drugstore or grocery stores.
+ A little dot can spread all over on my face.....
+ I have super sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate my face.
+ My man likes it too - he thinks it is okay becuz tehre is not much fragrance.

I am going to try their hydration lotion and see if it can retain the mositure in my skin.
22 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
I'm 57 and just lost 64 lbs. As a result, I had these hideously ugly wrinkly excess skin lines under my chin and throat. I was contemplating ultherapy at $250 a session, and I've never contemplated a cosmetic procedure. I knew I needed a good firming lotion, and decided on this one. I've never written a review on any products before, but this product deserved it. About 45 minutes after my first application, I just happened to look in the mirror and couldn't believe what I saw. There was a good 70-75% improvement. Now it's been 4 days later and these lines are almost gone. Best cosmetic purchase I ever made. Very happy.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2009
I love this cream. I have been suffering for several years with atopic dermatitus. My forehead gets dry and extremely itchy, and I am prone to fungal infections behind my ears and on my neck. As far as the latter, my dermatologist said that my skin barrier wasn't working as it should. I recently went through allergy patch testing and now know what hair care products that I'm allergic to. Steroid creams provide relief from the itching and the dry skin, but they thin the skin and turn it red. When I heard the ProX commercial and the words, "restores moisture barrier", I had to try this product. I now avoid those products to which I am allergic, and use this cream. In the morning I put the cream on my forehead and ears before my makeup routine, and in the evening I use the cream as suggested. My skin is on the mend, and looks great. Does it firm the skin? I've seen some improvement in the deep folds that run from my nose to my chin. I will continue to use this product.
on December 30, 2009
I really was surprised how quickly my order came in perfect condition! LOVE this product and have been using it for a year now. When I saw THIS PRICE I grabbed a bottle! Will definately order more! It goes on easily and I have seen some improvement in my skin. Love the sun protection in it along with the moisterizers. I notice a bit of a shine after it's on but it soaks in and is fine. I don't mind a nice glow anyway! I have older skin and it makes my skin feel great! Definately try this product!
on December 1, 2009
Well, maybe not instant ... it takes a few minutes! I don't know if this cream has any long-lasting effects, but it does everything it promises and does it well. You don't need to use a lot ... just apply it to the areas with wrinkles and prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
on April 3, 2009
I absolutely love this cream! It is super light and actually firms...while still moisturizing! I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I can seriously see a big difference in my skin --How it looks AND how it feels!
on March 25, 2009
I really like this so far. I love that it has SPF 30 but doesn't feel like sunscreen in it. I know some people complain of it leaving white residue. I haven't had that problem, but I also wait a few minutes before applying makeup to let it absorb. So far my face feels nice and soft and more even toned. I will definitely keep using. I do think it is a bit pricey, but I have spent more on moisturizer that don't seem to work as well as this.
on May 15, 2009
This cream is such a change from the oily night creams I've been using (like L'Oreal Revitalift, other Olay products, Avon, Arbonne, Lancome). It has a wonderful, silky texture. It is a bit tacky until completely absorbed, but my skin looks more radiant, is much better hydrated and yes, looks and feels much firmer. I don't know if the firmness is just a temporary or cosmetic illusion, or if in time the product will actually make my skin firmer, but I swear I am seeing a difference in my neck, face and decollete. I'm using the Pro-X Starter Kit with this product, and I'm using the Hydra cream twice a day.