5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin? Read this!
Published on February 14, 2007 by A. D. Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it but concern on some of the ingredients
Published on August 31, 2009 by Sbeyond

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive skin? Read this!, February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fine lines and overall skin appearance, January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it but concern on some of the ingredients, August 31, 2009
I used this product and love it. When my cousin told me that some of olay products contains ingredients that are deemed as "cancer causing in animal" and organ toxicity etc.... according to skin deep web site. I google those ingredients and found that four ingredients cyclopentasiloxane(first ingredient), Ethyparaben, propylparaben and methylparaben(actually banned in Europe to be used in skin product) are the bad ingredient. I am now totally torned as I love it on my skin and concerned that it might be the causes for my fribromygia. So, I hope Olay will remove these ingredients and produce some product that are green and non-toxic.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Pre-Makeup Moisturizer, June 16, 2011
CMCM (Nevada City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm now 62. I have excellent, wrinkle free skin which I attribute to 3 main things, and if you are much younger and want to reach 62 with good skin, I'd advise you to read these 3 things and consider following them:
1) I never was a sun worshipper in my youth. In my teens and 20's, we didn't have the knowledge about sun damage that we have now. In fact, when I was a teen people slapped on suntan OIL to increase the sun's effects! Lucky for me, I just hated baking in the sun so I rarely did it. I've only had a few real "tans" in my life. I always hated being so white, but of course now I'm glad about all this in retrospect. So the lack of suntanning was possibly the #1 thing that was good, and that was actually pure luck as it turned out. Now, when I'm in the sun I really slather on the highest SPF possible and I just don't allow any tanning to take place.
2) I was never a smoker, and I was also a very light, occasional drinker. Lifetime smokers (particularly women) really do pay for this indulgence in their later years. Drinkers as well.
3) A certain degree of good genes probably helped, but I think it's mainly lifestyle, ladies. Everyone I know who was either one or more of these...a constant sun worshipper, a regular or heavy drinker, a smoker....these people now look 15 to 20 years older than I look. I am always mistaken for my 35 year old daughter's sister. My daughter has girlfriends who have been solid drinkers, and they now look older than I do. Drinking takes a toll on your skin. My suntanning/drinking/smoking classmates now greatly regret doing these things because of the cumulative bad effect it had on their looks. I didn't know my own lifestyle would so positively affect my skin 25 to 30 years later, but I'm oh-so-glad I made the choices I made. It was just luck, I guess, but those of you in today's world have the knowledge about all this and can affect your own outcome years down the road!

The next thing I feel has been hugely beneficial in keeping my skin great is that when I was in my mid to late 40's, I started using Retin A on a daily or every other day basis, and Retin A is now pretty affordable (generic now, but still prescription, though). A small tube goes a long long way because you use very little and spread it on your skin very lightly, and after the initial redness that goes with adjusting to its use (this ends fairly quickly), it is pretty much the only "miracle" product out there for good skin because it stimulates collagen production, a thing which diminishes with age and leads to wrinkled, less firm skin. Retinol products are good but much weaker, so go for the real thing. Get a prescription for Retin A and consider it a big part of your anti-aging regimen, but know that your results won't be as good if you continue to get suntans, if you smoke, if you drink a lot. You've got to make choices if you want good skin. Don't do body-damaging things and then expect to find a miracle cream to erase the damage magically...that's not going to happen with any product at any cost. No matter what they say in the ads, there is no real magic, and the closest thing to magic is good lifestyle choices and Retin A. Don't damage your skin, clean it properly, moisturize it properly, protect it properly with sunscreen.

Now to this Olay serum: I have extremely sensitive skin, so my challenge has always been to find good products that moisturize (more has been needed as I have aged) but don't irritate. Over the last 15 years I have tried an incredible array of "magical" products, especially the expensive ones in the department stores, brands including Lauder, Lancome, Chanel, Clinique, Mac, Prescriptives, Creme de la Mer, everything out there. The cost was horrendous trying these things, and most of them irritated or did nothing exceptional I could observe, and a great many of them were very irritating and I had to return them. I realized I merely needed moisture on my skin after a point and I needed something that didn't irritate or look greasy.

This Olay serum in its unscented version is THE best I've found, in the end. I use it in the morning only, and it is the best base for moisturizing prior to putting on foundation. It isn't the only product I use, by the way. I put it on LAST because of its silky texture. Before it, I use a moisturizer or sunscreen first. These days I use a mineral makeup (although I can get away with no makeup at all, and in fact, for most of my life I never used foundation). This serum goes on great with this product as a final base and leaves a lovely, silky texture. It never irritates. I usually buy 3.4 oz bottles at Costco for around $29 and it lasts for 6-8 months or more. There may be equally good buys on Amazon, which has the advantage of no tax.

I've tried most of the other Olay creams and lotions, and I like this one best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for rosacea, December 11, 2005
This is the only moisturizer I can use on my sensitive skin. It actually makes my rosacea better-redness=gone, dry flakey skin=gone, burning=gone. Just wish they made bigger bottles.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used this serum for years - it works, July 22, 2010
Yarii (fifty shades of blonde) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I've been using this serum for at least 6 years. I love the fact that Olay eventually came out with this fragrance-free version, that in itself is a huge selling point for me. And it works! Most people think I'm at least 15 years younger than I really am. I have a few very fine wrinkles only when I squint, and that's it.

I am a normal-to-dry skin type in the winter and normal during the other seasons. This serum really helps keep my skin hydrated with the harsh winter winds, and in the summer sometimes this is all I need as a moisturizer if I'm not going to be outdoors - otherwise I also apply a high SPF product if I plan on being outside.

Yes, the silicones in this help with the dryness and they also help to blur the fine lines. I also use a dab of this on my crows feet. But you may need to watch out if you have a problem with milia. I occasionally get a few, but I do with just about every other product I have tried so it doesn't matter what I use. I like the results with this; I've tried other brands without the "cones" and they just don't work for me.

This serum contains many ingredients that are beneficial to your skin such as peptides, niacinamide, several vitamins and green tea, which are often found in much higher priced beauty products.

Pros: Hydrating; almost instant blurring of wrinkles due to the silicones; great ingredients; no discernable fragrance.

Cons: The silicones can cause milia occasionally; Olay tests on animals and this bothers me & I wish they would find another way to test their products before putting them on the market -- other companies do, why can't Olay?

I recommend this for anyone with normal or normal-to-dry skin. If you have a problem with acne, probably not, but maybe if you are brave enough, you could do a test first.

4.0 out of 5 stars A real softener, June 29, 2006
The 1st thing I liked about the product was the ease of getting it out of the bottle. Slight pressure on the top of the spout releases just a small amount. I have been using it 2X a day, morning & night. There seems to be a definite difference in the texture of my skin. Absolutely, much softer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum, September 20, 2010
Silver Wolf (New Albany, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Are you aware that there are only two skin care products that actually do what they say they'll do. A scientific survey was conducted on popular anti-aging products ranging from over the counter drug store cheapies to $500 gold infused night cream. The results of this study can be researched online or in the archives of National Public Radio. Oil of Olay Regenerist came out the winner along with Avon Clearly C. Clearly C has surprisingly been discontinued. I am a very loyal Regenerist customer. I am living proof that it does work since I am now 50, but often am mistaken for being in my 30's. It does what it promises to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars This does work ladies, April 13, 2005
Dian "D" (United States) - See all my reviews
I have tried so many products to just be totally disappointed. But this one does work. The lines under my eys are my problem area and this has helped to make them much less noticeable..

Manufactures take note-- I am tired of the false claims and when I find something that actually works I will buy it. Most I have tried before do not work and should not be advertised as such.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!!, February 8, 2006
I have extremely dry skin and live in a very dry climate. This product is wonderful. My skin feels hydrated and smooth all day. Other products I have used, including some in the Olay product line, had to be re-applied every few hours. I can apply this once in the morning and once at night and my skin is smooth and moist all day long.

Rate and Discover Movies