Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: Fragrance Free Micro-Sculpting Serum|Change

on February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!
1919 comments|628 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2004
My skin is very sensitive with a tendency to rosacea and I always had problems to find an appropriate cream. I was very nicely surprised to see how good Olay Regenerist is for my complexion. I'm using it twice a day and there is a tremendous improvement in the appearance of my skin. I truly recommend this product to everyone.
22 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2004
After having read about it in Consumer's Report, I tried Olay's Regenerist Perfecting Cream for the first time. After applying it at night, I awoke to soft, glowing skin. I can't believe that I wasted so much money on chemical creams that actually made my skin feel drier. I also use the Regenereist eye lifting serum and it really does lift the eye area.
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 30, 2010
Style Name: Micro-Sculpting Serum|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am about halfway through my second little bottle of Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum. So far, I am not using the entire Regenerist Micro Sculpting regimen. (That is to say, this serum followed by the Micro Sculpting Cream or any of the other products). I am washing with my usual product; cleansing with my usual astringent; then applying the Micro Sculpting Serum; and following it with either my usual night cream or my usual day cream with a 45 SPF rating during the day. The only variable to what I have always done is the addition of the serum.

I have become immune to the miracle claims all cosmetic lines make, and was always amused by the creativeness of the terminology they would come up with to describe their products. But, in a moment of weakness, I was attracted to the term "micro sculpting" since gravity and age have recently started taking a toll on my entire eye area and, up to this point, nothing was helping. After about six weeks of use, I can report that there has been noticeable improvement. I am becoming "micro sculpted."

I haven't turned back the clock too many years, but the skin below the eyebrows/above the eyelids that was sagging onto the eyelids is sagging quite a bit less, and the bags under my eyes (something I had never, ever had before this year) are much less noticeable and much less puffy. It wasn't an overnight miracle, but I think that within a month I was sure I could detect a favorable difference.

This observation is not scientific, but I opened two photos of myself taken at two different recent events, and blown them up on my screen in Photoshop. The eyes on the more recent one look more open, the skin above them less droopy, I can see more of my eyelids and all of my eyelashes, and the bags under the eyes are much less puffy. Just this one difference, makes me look less stressed and more rested in the more recent photo--maybe even slightly younger.

Both my stress level and the amount of sleep I am getting have (unfortunately) remained constant. I am not getting any younger. The only difference between one event and the other is that I had begun using the serum between them. Equally unscientifically, people have commented that I look good and ask what I've done. (Before, they were asking me if something was wrong). I've already recommended the serum to several friends.

I think that the rest of my skin has also benefited from the serum, but it is much harder to tell since I have always taken good care of it and I was not having a particular problem. Still, I like the way it feels going on, the way it soaks right in not leaving a film or a greasy or sticky feeling.

I still have a supply of other night and day creams on hand but, when I run out, I do plan to try the Micro Sculpting Cream to use at night, and the other Regenerist Cream with the SPF 50 protection for during the daytime.

Olay has come a long way since the time they only produced that little white bottle with the black cap--very far indeed!
66 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.
55 comments|296 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
I have been using this product together with Olay Regenerist Night Repair Cream for years. I use the serum on my clean face, neck, décolleté and hands every night. The result is NO wrinkles! Not a one. No more crow's feet around my eyes, cheeks are smooth, forehead is unlined, neck is smooth. Best of all, my décolleté is smooth & youthful! When I have to give my age (the end of my sixth decade), people don't believe me. Thanks to mom for my good genetics. Thanks to Olay for amazing products that work!
on April 27, 2013
I fully endorse this product. I have used it for a few years and I have visibly seen a difference in my face. I use it under Olay Regenerist Lotion SPF 15 by day and and under Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream at night. It is worth every penny!!
on October 22, 2015
This is the only thing I use on my face other than water and very occasionally the Olay face wash. I have been using it since it came out, I believe. This picture is of me without make up. I am 48 years old. You decide.
review image
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 30, 2012
I have used this product before without problems. This was my second bottle and both were purchased direct from Amazon. I don't have sensitive skin and I have no known allergies. I do very little with my face except moisturizing twice a day. I don't even wear makeup. I want to stress that I am very healthy with no health problems or unusual sensitivities of any kind. After about one week of using this bottle, the skin at the edge of my lips began forming rashes. My lips were chapped and no amount of chopsticks soothed it. I still didn't realize that the moisturizer was the problem because I had used it before. After about another week, the rashes started to spread. It reached my neck, back of my ear, below my eyes, and on my nose in 4 days. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist and decided to stop using this moisturizer after my boyfriend found people with similar complaints on Amazon. To check it out, my boyfriend tried the moisturizer too. He felt the itching and burning immediately and repeatedly washed his face that night to get rid of it. Olay posted responses on Amazon review to have people like me contact them. I called that number and they had no idea and offered no help. I have attached a photo of my face and lips during this period.
review image review image
88 comments|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello,

We're sorry about the experience you had while using our product as well as when you called. We would not expect for that to happen. We would like to speak with you and gather some additional details. Please give us a call at 1-855-236-3353. We're available Monday through Friday between 9 AM to 6 PM EST. We have Health & Safety Specialist that will assist you. Mention this referral to the responding agent and you'll be well taken care of!

Debbie
on May 6, 2015
This is a great quick fix!! It gives instant results and my skin looks really good! (Check your drugstore though, I get it at a better price at mine.) It does take care of the fine lines around my eyes which I love. After using the entire bottle - and you have to work a little to get all of the product out of the bottle - I didn't replace it and I noticed that the lines were starting to return. I've been exploring a variety of creams and serums trying them alone and with other products to see which work the best in combination with others. Here's what I've found. The big brand creams like Olay and L'Oreal are good for temporary plumping and fixing - this serum I've found to be the best - but when I combine it with another product, the results are better and permanent. I found what works for me is the combo with Bel Essence All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment - Intensive Anti Aging, Facial Lift Skin Care Formula - 1.5oz, and pow! The serum helps erase the lines, and the natural cream builds new skin that is young, bright, firm and very soft and hydrated. I was starting to get little lines on my upper lip and at the corners of my eyes, and they are gone now. I've stopped the creeping line between my brows too, it's much less obvious. The dark circles under my eyes are even better and the few dark spots on the side of my face. It's worth trying different products alone and in combination with others to see what will give your particular skin the best results. I spent a lot of time (and a good dose of money too) looking for what will make my skin look its best. I recommend this serum and the natural Bel Essence because I got the biggest change in just a couple of months that was noticeable to other people - after about a month/6 weeks, people were asking me if I had been on vacation because I looked so well-rested and healthy. Then I had someone ask me if I had work done to look younger (and wanted to know what I did and who did it!) - that's when I knew I hit on something that really works.