Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS

Style Name: Fragrance Free Micro-Sculpting Serum|Change

on February 14, 2007
I am 39 years old and have very sensitive skin, and because of that I had been using fragrance-free products by Clinique. I always thought I looked pretty young until I saw a picture of myself at 29. My skin was so much better looking! After doing some research I decided to give this a try based upon the favorable reviews, low cost and the fact that it's fragrance free. (Perfumed lotions make me sneeze).

After one use, I noticed a few things. My skin did tingle slightly for a couple of hours, but it wasn't painful; just mildly annoying. But there was no rash or irritation. My cheeks looked a bit red, however it appeared more like a natural tint. The second thing I noticed is that my skin almost immediately looked better! I know that sounds crazy. I also didn't need to put on any blush because of the tint I mentioned. As the day wore on, the tingling went away. (I also started using Neutrogena Light Night Cream for a moisturizer- it's fragrance-free, and doesn't have sunscreen which I don't need every day.)

I applied it the next morning again and noticed the same things. I decided to try it every other day and have to say I REALLY notice a difference! My skin looks almost as good as my pic from ten years ago.

I think the minor discomfort I mentioned is due to my sensitivity to most products, but because I am so pleased with the results I'm sticking with it.

Update: After using this for a week I no longer have any sensitivity and my skin is incredibly soft and luminous!

Update 11/2013: I'm going to be turning 46 and still use and love this item!
1919 comments|617 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2015
I’ve actually never tried any Olay products before, as frankly, I always thought of them as most useful for their anti-aging agents. Recently though, a girlfriend of mine recommended this night cream to me, as she said that it keeps her skin firm and tight, while being super moisturizing. I was looking for a new night cream anyway, so I decided to give it a try. First of all, it’s astronomically cheaper on Amazon than it is in the drugstore near my apartment, AND I get that beautiful Amazon Prime free shipping, so I ended up paying about half what it would cost to buy it in person. Secondly, it’s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I added it into the fold of my skincare regimen and it’s completely changed the game. I don’t use the night cream every single night, as I also switch it up and use my lighter, Clinique moisturizer on nights when I’m simply washing my face and going to bed. Maybe three times a week though, I start by exfoliating my face with my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar) (8 Oz) sulfur face mask. This step deep cleans my pores, evens my skin tone, and really works well on preventing acne breakouts. I then use TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! (60ml) to spot treat any little pimples that are already living on my face, and it works as an antiseptic, getting rid of any leftover dirt, grime, or other filth that comes from riding the subway every day. After that, it’s Olay time, and the Olay is phenomenal. I put it on maybe an hour before I’m about to go to bed, and it’s super hydrating while still being light enough that I don’t feel like it’s 1950 and I’ve put on my grandmother’s cold cream. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feel tight and firm and my face is visibly brighter. I really love this night cream, and I’m going to try some more Olay products in the future. Five stars!
on April 6, 2004
My skin is very sensitive with a tendency to rosacea and I always had problems to find an appropriate cream. I was very nicely surprised to see how good Olay Regenerist is for my complexion. I'm using it twice a day and there is a tremendous improvement in the appearance of my skin. I truly recommend this product to everyone.
22 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2004
After having read about it in Consumer's Report, I tried Olay's Regenerist Perfecting Cream for the first time. After applying it at night, I awoke to soft, glowing skin. I can't believe that I wasted so much money on chemical creams that actually made my skin feel drier. I also use the Regenereist eye lifting serum and it really does lift the eye area.
11 comment|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2008
After one month of daily use, here is my verdict: This stuff works. It's not magic, it's not a miracle, it doesn't transform every wrinkle and age spot. But it makes your skin look BETTER than before, which is all we can really hope for, isn't it?

I've noticed a somewhat dramatic change in the fine lines around my eyes (no, I don't use a separate eye cream). They are smoother and much less noticeable. The few age spots I've developed seem to be lighter. Overall, looking at my face in the mirror now, I sometimes have to do a double-take because my skin looks so much better and brighter. The permanent dark circles under my eyes are even lighter.

I have acne prone skin and I was nervous about using a new moisturizer, but quickly found that my skin actually CLEARED UP while using this product. Likely, it was due to my regimented focus on skin care in general, but this did NOT contribute to any breakouts at all.

This is one product I can see myself using for a very long time.

Update: Four years later, and I'm still using this product regularly. I stopped for a few months at one point and found my skin started to look somewhat dull. Being in my 40s, this is prime aging time, but I don't feel that my face is betraying me anymore. I have to give Olay a little bit of the credit.
55 comments|292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 30, 2010
Style Name: Micro-Sculpting Serum|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am about halfway through my second little bottle of Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum. So far, I am not using the entire Regenerist Micro Sculpting regimen. (That is to say, this serum followed by the Micro Sculpting Cream or any of the other products). I am washing with my usual product; cleansing with my usual astringent; then applying the Micro Sculpting Serum; and following it with either my usual night cream or my usual day cream with a 45 SPF rating during the day. The only variable to what I have always done is the addition of the serum.

I have become immune to the miracle claims all cosmetic lines make, and was always amused by the creativeness of the terminology they would come up with to describe their products. But, in a moment of weakness, I was attracted to the term "micro sculpting" since gravity and age have recently started taking a toll on my entire eye area and, up to this point, nothing was helping. After about six weeks of use, I can report that there has been noticeable improvement. I am becoming "micro sculpted."

I haven't turned back the clock too many years, but the skin below the eyebrows/above the eyelids that was sagging onto the eyelids is sagging quite a bit less, and the bags under my eyes (something I had never, ever had before this year) are much less noticeable and much less puffy. It wasn't an overnight miracle, but I think that within a month I was sure I could detect a favorable difference.

This observation is not scientific, but I opened two photos of myself taken at two different recent events, and blown them up on my screen in Photoshop. The eyes on the more recent one look more open, the skin above them less droopy, I can see more of my eyelids and all of my eyelashes, and the bags under the eyes are much less puffy. Just this one difference, makes me look less stressed and more rested in the more recent photo--maybe even slightly younger.

Both my stress level and the amount of sleep I am getting have (unfortunately) remained constant. I am not getting any younger. The only difference between one event and the other is that I had begun using the serum between them. Equally unscientifically, people have commented that I look good and ask what I've done. (Before, they were asking me if something was wrong). I've already recommended the serum to several friends.

I think that the rest of my skin has also benefited from the serum, but it is much harder to tell since I have always taken good care of it and I was not having a particular problem. Still, I like the way it feels going on, the way it soaks right in not leaving a film or a greasy or sticky feeling.

I still have a supply of other night and day creams on hand but, when I run out, I do plan to try the Micro Sculpting Cream to use at night, and the other Regenerist Cream with the SPF 50 protection for during the daytime.

Olay has come a long way since the time they only produced that little white bottle with the black cap--very far indeed!
66 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 30, 2012
I have used this product before without problems. This was my second bottle and both were purchased direct from Amazon. I don't have sensitive skin and I have no known allergies. I do very little with my face except moisturizing twice a day. I don't even wear makeup. I want to stress that I am very healthy with no health problems or unusual sensitivities of any kind. After about one week of using this bottle, the skin at the edge of my lips began forming rashes. My lips were chapped and no amount of chopsticks soothed it. I still didn't realize that the moisturizer was the problem because I had used it before. After about another week, the rashes started to spread. It reached my neck, back of my ear, below my eyes, and on my nose in 4 days. I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist and decided to stop using this moisturizer after my boyfriend found people with similar complaints on Amazon. To check it out, my boyfriend tried the moisturizer too. He felt the itching and burning immediately and repeatedly washed his face that night to get rid of it. Olay posted responses on Amazon review to have people like me contact them. I called that number and they had no idea and offered no help. I have attached a photo of my face and lips during this period.
review image review image
77 comments|173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello,

We're sorry about the experience you had while using our product as well as when you called. We would not expect for that to happen. We would like to speak with you and gather some additional details. Please give us a call at 1-855-236-3353. We're available Monday through Friday between 9 AM to 6 PM EST. We have Health & Safety Specialist that will assist you. Mention this referral to the responding agent and you'll be well taken care of!

Debbie
on April 27, 2013
I fully endorse this product. I have used it for a few years and I have visibly seen a difference in my face. I use it under Olay Regenerist Lotion SPF 15 by day and and under Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream at night. It is worth every penny!!
on January 12, 2014
I have been using this product together with Olay Regenerist Night Repair Cream for years. I use the serum on my clean face, neck, décolleté and hands every night. The result is NO wrinkles! Not a one. No more crow's feet around my eyes, cheeks are smooth, forehead is unlined, neck is smooth. Best of all, my décolleté is smooth & youthful! When I have to give my age (the end of my sixth decade), people don't believe me. Thanks to mom for my good genetics. Thanks to Olay for amazing products that work!
on November 26, 2008
The most important thing for anyone to be aware of when first trying this product is that you have to be patient for results. At least that is what happened to me. I started using it on the third of November, 2008 and at first I thought that I had just purchased another run of the mill, empty promises, face cream. I stuck with it anyway, mostly because I ran out of all of my other creams and did not have the funds to purchaes more. That turned out to be a good thing for me because after 2 weeks I started to see an amazing difference in my skin. Mostly when I woke up in the morning. I was used to avoid gazing in the mirror at my tierd looking skin and dark circles. But now I can see dramatic differences, my reddish spots disapeared, my dark circles are much lighter, the fine lines around my eyes are smoothing out, my lumpy forehead that I was beginning to dispise is soft and youthfull again, and the scaly dryness from living in Colorado is gone. And today as I write this review is the day before Thanksgiving and I must tell you that I even feel comfortable not wearing any makeup!!!! I highly recomend this product to anyone who feels like giving up on their skin, just give it a few weeks and it will surely pay off!