5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable improvement to the area around my eyes.
Published on May 30, 2010 by tachi1

3.0 out of 5 stars it does lift but,
Published on October 22, 2010 by wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable improvement to the area around my eyes., May 30, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am about halfway through my second little bottle of Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum. So far, I am not using the entire Regenerist Micro Sculpting regimen. (That is to say, this serum followed by the Micro Sculpting Cream or any of the other products). I am washing with my usual product; cleansing with my usual astringent; then applying the Micro Sculpting Serum; and following it with either my usual night cream or my usual day cream with a 45 SPF rating during the day. The only variable to what I have always done is the addition of the serum.

I have become immune to the miracle claims all cosmetic lines make, and was always amused by the creativeness of the terminology they would come up with to describe their products. But, in a moment of weakness, I was attracted to the term "micro sculpting" since gravity and age have recently started taking a toll on my entire eye area and, up to this point, nothing was helping. After about six weeks of use, I can report that there has been noticeable improvement. I am becoming "micro sculpted."

I haven't turned back the clock too many years, but the skin below the eyebrows/above the eyelids that was sagging onto the eyelids is sagging quite a bit less, and the bags under my eyes (something I had never, ever had before this year) are much less noticeable and much less puffy. It wasn't an overnight miracle, but I think that within a month I was sure I could detect a favorable difference.

This observation is not scientific, but I opened two photos of myself taken at two different recent events, and blown them up on my screen in Photoshop. The eyes on the more recent one look more open, the skin above them less droopy, I can see more of my eyelids and all of my eyelashes, and the bags under the eyes are much less puffy. Just this one difference, makes me look less stressed and more rested in the more recent photo--maybe even slightly younger.

Both my stress level and the amount of sleep I am getting have (unfortunately) remained constant. I am not getting any younger. The only difference between one event and the other is that I had begun using the serum between them. Equally unscientifically, people have commented that I look good and ask what I've done. (Before, they were asking me if something was wrong). I've already recommended the serum to several friends.

I think that the rest of my skin has also benefited from the serum, but it is much harder to tell since I have always taken good care of it and I was not having a particular problem. Still, I like the way it feels going on, the way it soaks right in not leaving a film or a greasy or sticky feeling.

I still have a supply of other night and day creams on hand but, when I run out, I do plan to try the Micro Sculpting Cream to use at night, and the other Regenerist Cream with the SPF 50 protection for during the daytime.

Olay has come a long way since the time they only produced that little white bottle with the black cap--very far indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Peptide-based anti-aging, effective, not made from zombies, June 1, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Regenerist line of products are advertised to contain Peptides. Peptides happen to be the current line of anti-aging solutions available. Recall that in the early 1990s, AHA/BHA or alpha and beta hydroxy acids were the hottest thing, followed by topical vitamin C, Retin-A, collagen synthesis, and glucosamines. Peptides are a combination of amino acids that are found in hair, skin, and nails. The peptides help boost collagen production which firms and tones the skin and helps reduce lines and wrinkles. It won't work miracles, but every Peptide/nanotechnology anti-aging cream has done the same thing: it has firmed up the skin.

I've used L'Oreal's eye defense cream with great results, and the Regenerist yielded the same results after 5 days of use. It was not able to get rid of all the wrinkles, but it works as advertised. The box states that the Regenerist is supposed to create younger-looking skin through hydration for a lifted appearance.

A study by US Consumer Union found that Olay's Regenerist line was reported to be the most effective out of the various OTC anti-aging products.

Pros: Regenerist works as advertised, smells great, and firms up the skin. Works about the same as L'Oreal's nanotechnology/peptide line of products.

Cons: Doesn't work miracles.

Overall: 4/5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works for me!, February 8, 2011
I saw the add for this product on Olay website - it was under their 'New' product section. I am 52 and my facial skin was beginning to get a bit saggy around my cheeks and jawline. I was very skeptical if a serum could actually firm the skin as the add stated on their website. Anyhow, I thought I will give it a try and searched for this online - as usual Amazon had the best price. After a week of using this product I saw tremendous changes - firm and bright skin! My friends and colleagues all asked if I have been doing some special beauty treatment such as laser, peal etc. Thank you Olay!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 9, 2012
After using this product for only two weeks, it works. Just that simple. I don't know how it works; I just know that the naso-labial lines in my face are diminishing, and so are my "chin dents." I didn't even buy it from Amazon (and paid almost $25.00 for it). But I'll be ordering it from Amazon from now on. I'm 51 and for a long time looked way younger than my true age, but all of a sudden time started catching up with me. It wasn't quite a panic, but yeah, kinda. But this product is turning back the clock. It's too soon to say how much it can undo, but I only care that it's working. My skin is hyper oily, with dry spots around my eyes and mouth. This product goes on without a shine, but I do get "breakthrough shine" in the middle of the day. My remedy? I wash my face and reapply. I haven't used it at night like the directions suggest. I use Olay Definity at night, because it's too light for my skin tone and makes me look ghostly in daylight, but it did nothing for my "jowling". Maybe it's a combination of the two. Maybe it's just that I found this stuff before things had gone too far. In any event, I'm wowwed. I'll post before and after pictures once I figure out how. No matter your skin type, I say give this a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars it does lift but,, October 22, 2010
I used this serum with microsculping cream. I was amazed to see the difference it made over the night. My pores got smaller, my jawline was lifted. But after a week of application, I noticed my skin looks darker and drier. And even I can't apply foundation over these anymore. I didn't have any breakout but it might be my reaction to these line. Since I like the way it works, I will take a break and retry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Micro-Sculpting, lifting, firming - I dont think so, December 26, 2010
I love Olay products, but I am not thrilled with Olay Micro-Sculpting Serum. I have been a user of the Regenerist Daily Serum for years and thats a great product. But the Micro Sculpting does not Sculpt, its doesnt really do anything. I also tried the Micro Sculpting Cream and that was way too heavy for my skin and caused breakouts. So I decided to try the serum instead and while it didnt cause breakouts, it also didnt do much of anything. I have seen absolutly no difference in my skin after using this product daily, morning and night, for 2 months.
No difference in my jaw line, my neck, no lifting, no firming, no overall difference in condition of skin.
Cannot really recommend this product and I will not purchase it again. Is it a nice moisturizer, yes...... but does it do what Olay claims, not in my experience.
I rate it a 2 because it does not do what Olay claims it will, it does not sculpt, lift or firm.
Sorry Olay, but you have let me down on this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good texture, July 20, 2012
Been in search of a good product that can help with the fine lines (late 30s) and while nothing really seems to work, including lots of expensive products I have purchased, I did enjoy the texture of this product. I put it on under my eyes and when I wear foundation, I put it on underneath and it serves as a primer. I like the product- but it is not any better or worse for fine lines than anything else I've ever tried.

3.0 out of 5 stars very nice, incredibly light mosturizer. . .but. . ., June 8, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice face moisturizer, at least in terms of formula. I have oily skin, but my cheeks do occasionally feel dry and tight, plus I do like to use a vitamin-rich lotion from time to time. This works well for that. I apply at night, and my skin never feels greasy, and it sinks into the skin very, very quickly, which I like. I haven't noticed any fountain-of-youth-type affects, but I tend to think those claims are a bunch of hooey. All I want is a good, easy moisturizer that works on oily skin but is fairly inexpensive.

Okay, inexpensive this is not, but, at around $20, it's pretty much in line with similar products, i.e., serums that melt into the skin with no greasy residue.

The bad part? The fragrance. I hate it. But there is probably something in this same formula for sensitive skin, or fragance-free. I'd recommend that, because fragrances can irritate the skin, or more importantly for me, irritate the nose. I hate flowery fragrances in my lotions. They make me feel like a grandma.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only product that's improved my skin!, April 28, 2014
At sixty-four, I've used all kinds of moisturizers. Having had dry skin my whole life, I started to use a moisturizer when I was about seventeen. I didn't wear a foundation; just moisturizer and lipstick. Without the former, I'd be a mass of wrinkles at my current age. Without the latter, someone would have already buried me because I look like I'm dead with no lipstick.

I never bothered with drug store moisturizers much because I was a snob; plain and simple. In high school, I worked downtown and bought my moisturizer in the local department store. I think my first moisturizer was made by Clinique and from there, I just kept trying others. Seriously, how dry did I think my skin was? Plain old Vaseline would have worked just fine. Ah, but ignorance was bliss and I never knew how uneducated I was until I read a book by Paula Begoun. Brothers and Sisters, she helped me see the light! And the inside of a drug store! It was her book and the demise of Prescriptives that made me decide to try this new Oil of Olay series that was being advertised. A born cynic, I didn't think it would make any difference in my skin.

I chose the Regenerist line, based on my skin type, and I've never looked back. The Micro-Sculpting Cream was the first to come out in that line, I believe. I used it faithfully, morning and night, and I liked it. It didn't make my skin break out and combined with a Mary Kay mask I've used week for ages, my skin looked nice. I don't have many wrinkles but that's not because of anything I've done. It's my mother's good genes and the fact that I've always hated sitting in the sun! But I truly think this product has helped my skin look better. I have very sensitive skin and many "natural" products make me break. I tend to stay with chemicals as much as possible and this product appeared to have a nice mix of the two.

Then Olay came out with a Regenerating Serum that was white and came in a 3.4 ounce bottle. You were supposed to put that underneath the original Micro-Sculpting Cream. With the manufacturers' coupons and the sales in various Drug Stores, you could get the pair for a very reasonable price. The combination didn't really made a difference in my skin. I figured maybe it was doing something I couldn't see.

Then, all of a sudden, I couldn't find my white Regenerating Serum. Instead, this Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum was on the shelf in its place. I muttered and complained and waited until I found a coupon for it and then waited for a sale. I was sure this would make my skin break out and besides, it cost more and I was getting only half as much in a bottle.

I tried it. I have to say that within about two weeks, I couldn't believe the difference this Serum made in my skin. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. So did my father. And doctors had always said it was due to my allergy. Suddenly, my black circles were lightening to grey. My skin looked terrific!

I don't actually know how long I've used it but the combination of the two products has kept my skin soft and while I have a few brown sun spots and some wrinkles, my skin looks really good. I'm not bragging. When I go to a department store, the painted ladies always ask which of their moisturizers I'm using. They quickly change the subject when I say it's Oil of Olay.

I can't recommend it strongly enough. We're all going to get wrinkles but if we can slow the process down, we're fools not to do it and this product is the one that's helped me the most. Good luck to anyone who tries it and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok little moisurizer . . .no huge difference, December 16, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think the title says it all. As a moisuriser it does a good job. Did I notice any skin firming, plumping (??) effects after using for 5 (actually 14) days?? nope. So I switched back to my old moisturiser to see if any effect that I was not noticing would disappear. Nope.
So, maybe if I had deeper wrinkles than I do I would see a huge difference but for light crows feet and laughter lines - nothing.