5.0 out of 5 stars Nightly Skin Care While You Sleep
I bought this as my skin seemed dry, washed out, rough and I hadn't had a facial in years. I'd read a dermatologist say that you don't have to pay boutique prices for boutique expensive skin care because the big companies like Olay spend a lot on research and development--they have big budgets, sell a lot, and their products have to be good.

I put this on at...
Published on January 8, 2011 by L. M. Keefer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same
Before ordering this online, I already have used up a bottle of the same product which I purchased at a local store and I would say, that was amazing! but this one I ordered online is not quite the same! It feels heavy & thick and I hate the gel-like consistency of it unlike the 1st bottle I had bought at the store, that seemed original & this one feels like counterfeit...
Published 12 months ago by Ivy Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightly Skin Care While You Sleep, January 8, 2011

I put this on at night and within a few days my skin was smooth, brighter, not rough and tighter. I hadn't anticipated that last feature. I feel like I'm getting a mini-facial or peel while I sleep. I was thrilled with the results, and am going to buy some more Olay products. I feel like I'm taking good care of my skin without spending a lot of $$$$.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works. Subtly, but noticeably., February 10, 2011
Call me a bit nuts, but I really wanted to be able to see if this product worked. So, I purchased the "Anti-Aging Moisturize Night Resurfacing Elixir," and for the first six nights, applied it only to the right side of my face. To keep the experiment fair, on the left, I continued using just my regular night time product, "Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream." Please note, I am 47, have always used Olay products (though until 40, that meant the old fall back, "Oil of Olay" with or without sun screen). My skin is pretty good for my age, but I would like it to be even better. Hence, the interest in the "resurfacing elixir."

After two days of use, the right side of my face looked the same, maybe the skin was a bit smoother to the touch. After four days, a *very* close inspection revealed smoother pores on the treated side. By days five and six, I actually could see a subtle improvement in my crow's feet around my eyes, and some lines from the corner of my mouth. After a full six nights of treatment, I could see that the slightly hanging jowl on my right jaw was not hanging as much as the one on the left side, and the scar on my throat (from surgery years ago) was tightened up on the right, more than the left.

Wish I had a good "before" picture. Was I lopsided before I started? Did the scar look much better on the right than the left before? Did the jowl always hang more on the left? Well, the answer to that will have to wait a few days, for the reverse treatment this week. Starting last night I put the Resurfacing Elixer on the left, and the Micro-Sculpting Cream on the right. Next week I will post what happens. I'm particularly interested to see if the left jowl raises up to be more even with the right, and if my throat scar looks better. But also the regular stuff: the crow's feet, and the smile lines.

Though I get the impression that this product improved my skin, I gave it only 4-stars because of the subtlety of the results. I'd post a picture, but the results are so subtle, I can't seem to get them to show up in a photo. I suspect a professional photographer with special lighting could bring out the comparison. But sans professional photographer, I'll have to offer up only my words.

Here's hoping I have something good to report next week! (It will be added as a comment.)

P.S. Who the heck named this stuff? Awkward!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't live without this! Great for 40+ women, February 1, 2012
This elixir has a light gel-like consistency and dispenses easily from the pump dispenser. Although it might look and feel a little bit more classy and high end in a glass bottle, I have no complaints with the packaging. I've broken a few glass bottles in my time, so it's probably better this way anyhow.

This product contains glycolic acid. Think of it as a mini chemical peel but not so drastic. Unless you're allergic to it, you shouldn't come home with a red face. At the same time the elixir's antioxidants and moisturizers provide soothing hydration to tighten skin's surface. It is oil-free and fragrance-free, although it has a very slight scent.

Olay says that you should see a marked improvement in your skin in as little as seven days if used on a nightly basis. It is not recommended for daytime usage as glycolic acid can make the skin more sun sensitive. In fact, it is recommended that you use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 during the day if you use this product at night.

I need about two pumps from the bottle as I use the elixir not only on my face, but also on my neck and chest. It doesn't sting or irritate my skin. I'm able to apply around my eyes with no problem. Although it is a gel, it is not sticky at all, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and noticeably firmer immediately upon application. The elixir absorbs quickly, but allow about 5 minutes if you put a moisturizer on afterwards.

Olay says that you can use this product in lieu of a regular nighttime moisturizer. Perhaps in my younger days I might have, but I live in a dry environment, so I usually follow up with their Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream. That being said, sometimes my skin does get a bit oily so I do sometimes skip the heavier cream and just use the Elixir. It's great for those days as it is not a heavy moisturizer, but yet it provides sufficient hydration for normal/combination skin types.

I've been using this about three months now and I feel like it has really improved my skin. In particular my neck area was not as firm as it once was and since using this product I've noted a marked improvement in the firmness of this area. My skin is remarkably smoother as well. I also noted that my moisturizer works better when I use it combination with the elixir. Perhaps the exfoliating of the glycolic acid makes the moisturizer absorb better into my skin.

Excellent product! 5 stars

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
5.0 out of 5 stars This elixir is great best i have used, November 30, 2010
I recieved this item a few weeks ago, and applied it to my face at night and i could feel a big difference in my skin first time use, the next morning i woke up and the wrinkles on my forehead were gone! this elixir doesnt have a strong fragrance, it didnt break out my skin, and didnt give me a headache it has excellent ingredients like grape seed and AHA's the best i have used in a long time, ladies don't waste your money on expensive skin care items, i have had that experience before and did not work for my skin as much as this item has, OLAY keep up the good work!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 28, 2011 1:20:51 PM PDT
Hi Julee. I'm glad we've pleased you with this product! And, thanks for sharing your results with everyone looking for guidance : ) ^ Leah

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works!, February 23, 2011
I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. The results are amazing. No more dark circles under my eyes and the fine lines around my eyes have improved by at least 50%. I noticed an improvement in days. My skin feels tighter and looks brighter. I just can't believe I found something that actually works for a very reasonable price. I don't think you will be dissapointed with this product, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars saving face, August 18, 2012
It is the best! Started to work with the first application! NO burning or itching, just smooth younger looking skin. Best of all it was delivered fast and worry free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, January 26, 2011
I have been using this product for a little over a week now. My skin already looks a tad more luminous and just healthy. Its not oily at all. I have to be careful with products, especially in the T Zone. For instance with the moisturizer that comes in the regenerist starter trio pack (which is pretty good too), I only use it in certain places. This, i apply on the whole face, without an issue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the expensive stuff I bought at the dermatologists, December 18, 2011
Carol (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
I read about this product in Good Housekeeping a few days after I realized that I never went back to an application of glycolic acid on my skin like the dermatologist had recommended to me. I bought the very expensive product from his office until he retired and was too lazy to get around to finding another derm doctor to replenish my supply and used very expensive $70 night cream from Arbonne that didn't help. I used Mary Kay night cream that I really like, but I kept on thinking about the glycolic gel that really worked but I thought I could only get from a doctor. Then came the Good Housekeeping article, and I drove to my local store and bought it off the shelf! Now I see it is even cheaper on Amazon! It is just like the doctors stuff! It works. I love the way my face feels.

I will say that the doctor recommends that you rinse it off after 10-20 minutes for the first two weeks to make sure there is no irritation. This is not something Olay recommends, but I would suggest it. The one star reviews probably didn't do this. Some skin is too sensitive for it, and a lower glycolic acid percentage might be warranted.

What is the percentage of glycolic acid in this? Does anyone know? I can't find it anywhere on their site.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tighter, smoother skin, January 27, 2012
I've been using this for about a week now (I know you're supposed to wait at least a month for full results!), and I already feel like my skin does looks tighter and the fine lines on my forehead are smoothed out. I'm going to keep using nightly, and hopefully it will keep living up to my expectations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 8, 2011
I've only used this product for a few days, but what a difference! My face feels more smooth and refreshed.

I would absolutely recommend this to others.

Rate and Discover Movies