Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: OLAY Gentle Clean, Foaming Cleanser 6.78 oz (Pack of 2)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 6.78-Ounce|Change

VINE VOICEon May 21, 2011
I have many issues with my face. I have oily skin which is at the same time very sensitive. I also have rosacea so the product I use is very important. I have gone through many different facial cleansers all promising what I wanted/need but not following through. Till this one. Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin is 100 % soap free and oil free as well as allergy and dermatologist tested. Oil free is very important for skin that is oily and that truly needs a gentle touch. Many products say they are oil and soap free and then have a minimal amount of the ingredients when you read the label closely.

This product has been a Godsend for me. It cleanses my face fully, removing all oil and dirt leaving it clean and fresh. It is also sensitive enough for me to wash twice a day which I need to do due the oiliness of my skin. Now my rosacea is totally under control. I highly recommend this product and it is an amazing deal here if you lock into the subscribe and save price. Much cheaper than my local drugstore even when on sale. If you have sensitive skin or need a clean and pure product I highly recommend this.
on October 27, 2011
This is thee best cleanser for acne prone or oily skin types.

I started using this cleanser about 5 months ago because of a suggestion from a mod on acne.org. I've been dealing with adult acne for around 6-7 years (I'm 26 Y.O.) and nothing seemed to work for more than a couple of weeks controlling breakouts. I've tried everything from proactiv to clearasil to biore and nothing seemed to do the trick on my hormonal and painful acne until I tried the Olay foaming face wash.

The lady on the message board (acne.org) gave the advice that if you want to clear your skin, the cleanser is NOT the step to use benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid because it's literally washed away and down the sink. (Your acne fighters should be used in the lotion.) She recommended the foaming face wash from Olay stating that of all the products she's research (and believe you me she had research A LOT) this cleanser left the least amount on the skin that could potentially cause a breakout.

Anyhoo, 5 months later and while I am not 100% clear, my skin is 90% clearer and I am happy with that after the battle I've had with pimples. Gone are the deep hormonal bumps that plagued my chin and jawline - most bumps I get now are small and easily treated with a spot treatment. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product in the pump bottle. :)

My routine:
*I wash with this face wash most mornings and every night before bed.
*I pat my face lightly to dry my skin.
*I apply Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Gel Moisturizer - - LOVE THIS STUFF [...]
*I spot treat with Burt's Bee's spot treatment using a q-tip - -[...]

I hope this helps you!
on December 7, 2011
I did lots and lots of research for several different facial products. Based on my research, this facial cleanser was one that had the least amount of people who had reactions to it. Also, it is very safe for your skin with no ridiculous harsh chemicals, it was rated very well on the EWG's (Environmental Working Group) cosmetic database and other sources as well. And of course, my skin feels great when I use it. It extracts clogged pores very well and leaves your skin feeling clean. The lather is perfect and easy to create. It also doesn't dry my skin. Perfect inexpensive choice for all skin types in my opinion.
on December 8, 2013
Just started using this and I have already noticed that my skin is less dry and irritated after a cleaning. It seems to have very little smell which I also like about this face wash. I think that is just about all there is to say about this product. It does what it says, clean with less irritation.
on May 29, 2012
I have been using this face wash for a couple of years now after trying product after product for my sensitive skin. I was surprised that this worked so much better than all the more expensive wash's out there! I highly recommend it.
on November 30, 2014
Bought it at a great price from Amazon/Olay promotion. Like that it's fragrance free and seems to work well, just don't like the slick/slimy feel as u rinse it off your face, giving you the impression that it's not coming off and you keep rising trying to wash it off! lol other than that, it's good.
on June 8, 2014
This is my favorite cleanser, and an excellent value for the price.

As a man with combination-oily skin, this cleanser does a great job of removing facial oil and sunscreen, without over-drying my skin. Unlike some of the more typical "oily skin" foaming face washes, this one never seems to strip my skin, or make it feel tight. There's a moderate amount of foaming, but not overly so.

Importantly, as someone with sensitive skin, this cleanser has never irritated my skin or exacerbated any allergies.
on November 18, 2015
I don't find this particularly foamy at all, but it's not bad. I have two main issues with it:

1. It's so light, it kind of makes me feel like it's not doing anything. I know that the way it feels doesn't really make a difference for how well it functions, but i've still got that kind of psychological thing going anyway. Even Cetaphil, which i used to think felt very light too, feels much 'richer' than this stuff.

2. It does not rinse off as easily as other face washes i've used. If i'm not extra particular about rinsing super well, i can end up with some left on my face (especially around my hair line, which i try to avoid getting wet), and it's so light that i can't even tell until later. Now that i know, i'm more careful about being thorough, but it still kind of sucks that it's like that.
on January 24, 2012
I have been using Olay Sensitive Foaming Face Wash for several years and don't use anything else to wash my face as my skin is sensitive to most soaps and cleansers. It leaves my face feeling so clean and fresh and I use it every day.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 16, 2013
I switched to this product from St. Ives Apricot Scrub because I wanted something more gentle. I had used it once before along with a new moisturizer but stopped after two days because my face broke out. I wasn't sure what was to blame: hormones, the face wash or the moisturizer, so I waited for my skin to clear up and tried the products one by one.

I've since used the moisturizer with no more problems, but for the past two days I've used this face wash and now have a a red, burning rash all across my cheeks. It's actually really more painful than visible. So use with caution! Do a skin-test before using it on your face. I must be allergic, although I've never been allergic to any other cleanser or cosmetic product.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hello Mary,

We're very sorry to learn of your experience with this product. While this isn't something we'd expect, we'd like to learn more about this and gather additional information from the product itself (if it is still available). At your soonest convenience, please call us at 1-855-236-3353. We're here for you Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Eastern Time. Our friendly agents will be delighted to assist you with this; just mention my recommendation to call. We're looking forward to speaking with you, Mary.

Amelia