5.0 out of 5 stars this product does what it says it is going to do...
Published on May 31, 2008 by Happy Consumer

2.0 out of 5 stars Contains silica particles, not good for contact lenses
Published on September 4, 2007 by R. Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars this product does what it says it is going to do..., May 31, 2008
Happy Consumer (Tarpon Springs, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Eye Treatment, 0.4 fl. Oz. (Health and Beauty)
This product has a good thick texture allowing proper application and portion control (and a little goes a long way making its price for its value very reasonable). There are no perfumes and there are no residual sticky or greasy feeling after application. Also; I ran out of my normal face cream without realizing I was completely out (seperate Oil of Olay product), so I used this product as a temporary substitute on my entire face including the eye area. My face felt well-hydrated for the entire day. I have never before used a hydrating product made for the eyes on my entire face. I was very happy with the results and felt that if my entire face felt this well-hydrated (and not greasy or shiny), then this product must truly be well-designed and produced. I have used department store brand names as well as other over-the-counter products; I am sincerely happiest with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, May 19, 2009
I have been using this completely around my eyes twice a day, every day for the past few weeks or month. No bad side effects at all. I have 2 small children and for a while had somewhat dark rings under my eyes from lack of sleep. My mom said she definitely noticed a dramatic change with this since using this product. Awesome!
It has not caused me to break out (which I do very easily), so that is also awesome. And you only use a tiny amount each time, so this jar will last for a long time! I am betting at LEAST 6 months to a year.
So I really, really like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 27, 2012
I was using the Regenerist eye cream, and I loved that, but I switched to this one based upon the claims it would erase dark circles. The cream is colored, so it does minimize my dark circles with out makeup, and really helps get rid of the I-haven't-slept-in-4yrs-when-will-theese-kids-sleep-through-the-night? look. Love this eye cream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied long-term user, September 11, 2011
I've been using Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream since 2003 when I was 24 years old. I chose this particular eye cream because I had already been using Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15 for several years and was very pleased with it. I have been equally pleased with the Total Effects Eye Cream. It is a thick cream, so a little goes a long way. I use it twice daily and it usually lasts me about 4-5 months, unless one of my 3 young children gets ahold of it. I do not wear make-up and the tint to the eye cream really helps hide the dark circles under my eyes. I do have some very fine lines, but they're much less noticeable than other women my age. This cream provides great, non-greasy moisture too. I have eczema and the skin under my eyes gets very dry and scaly during winter, or rather that used to happen before I started using this cream. I haven't had that problem in years. As a long-term user of Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream, I can whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a great moisturizer that helps hide dark circles and minimize fine lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 16, 2013
I have been using this for several months and the puffiness has disappeared and the dark circles have also disappeared. My husband saysthat my eyes are looking alot better than what they have been in years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Contains silica particles, not good for contact lenses, September 4, 2007
I just bought this eye cream after reading the great reviews about it. I have to admit I am disappointed. The cream has tiny bits of silica, which gives it a sheen to skin when applied. I guess that is supposed to be part of the effect, but I can't see how silica helps improve the skin as it is only a cosmetic fix. This doesn't do anything for night usage. Since I wear contact lenses, it is a disappointment as it can go into my eyes and cause irritation. I was hoping that this product would improve my skin as opposed to being just like "makeup".

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, October 10, 2010
Now, I first must say I am 27 so my fine lines aren't as deeply set as someone twice my age...but they're evident, nonetheless. With that said, I LOVE this cream. It is definitely hydrating and in one week, I was able to see a DRAMATIC difference. The slight darkness is gone and the fine lines have almost disappeared. I would highly recommend this for someone in their late 20s to get a "head start" on beating the signs of aging.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 oz seems like just a tiny bit, July 3, 2014
Though .4 oz seems like just a tiny bit, it lasts forever. Just a little under the eyes in the mornings/evenings and it'll cause the dark circles to fade with time. it works better if you try and get better sleep and avoid rubbing your eyes.

If you're curious how it works, it's really just a very mild fade cream. The dark circles under your eyes are really capillaries that have burst from rubbing them too much. This cream just fades the result.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, March 12, 2010
I'm not sure I've made up my mind about it. It seems to work alright: it moisturizes and helps reduce dark under-eye circles to a point. I don't really have fine lines around my eyes yet, so I cannot speak to how it works for lines or wrinkles. That said, I give it 3 to 3 1/2 stars. It's a bit pricey for an eye moisturizer, since it does not work any better than some others I have tried. The cream seems to have some color or shimmer so that when you put it on, it brightens up the eye right away. That's kind of nice, but it's only cosmetic. I purchased this since it advertises that is can help lighten dark spots as well as moisturize and brighten dark circles. I have two brown spots under one eye that are either freckles or premature age spots. The cream has had no effect on them after about 4 weeks. Overall this eye cream is alright but definitely no miracle worker. I'll finish the bottle and probably go back to my old eye cream that worked just as well if not better for moisturizing.

Update: I downgraded this product from 3 to 2 stars. See my comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, April 13, 2014
This is one of the few creams that moisturizes. Many other more expensive ones at the cosmetic counter left my eyes drier than before.