100%
Old Boy, Vol. 4
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$10.37+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 10, 2008
I find this to be a very good series,
where with one clue at a time, our protagonist, Goto, tries to discover why he was imprisoned for ten years.
So far, "Old Boy" is calm with a sense of sincerity, yet also keeps the reader at the edge of their seat, wanting to to know more in such suspense.
The art design is simple, yet so vivid and detailed. It's breath taking and different (although some readers may think of the "What's Michael" cat comics when turning the pages). And wow... a lot people eat out in these books (ha ha... of course this shows of slice of life).

In volume 4, more questions are answered, but the mystery is not over yet. Goto learns from the woman in volume 3 that his imprisonment involved someone from his childhood. He even meets the man at his best friend's bar, but he can't recognize his voice or face (readers find out why by the end of the volume).

This is an excellent story, and I am very happy to come across this title.
on December 9, 2014
Old Boy, Volume 4 is perhaps the most important volume in the first half of the series. Goto meets his enemy face-to-face, and his enemy gives the rules for their "game": if Goto can remember why his enemy hates him, his enemy will kill himself. Throughout the series, the mystery has unfolded in hints from bizarre sources. It's a psychological study, as well. Can Goto kill his enemy, given the chance? In movies and TV, it always seems so easy, but for Goto, it may be hard.

You really have to see Old Boy to believe it. The artwork is so incredibly detailed, even compared with the best manga; while reading other comics, I often scan over the dialogue-free cells, but I can't help but stare and stare at the artwork and the pacing of Old Boy. The series bears reading and re-reading. Truly phenomenal. *****
on May 12, 2007
This is a good manga that pulls you farther and farther into it as the volume ends. The only sad thing is that you can't keep reading til the end. You must wait for the next volume. I recommend reading the manga instead of seeing the movie first. I am reserving the movie until after I finish untangling this mystery with Goto.