5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised..., March 10, 2008
HeatherLR (Central New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Boy, Vol. 4 (Paperback)
I find this to be a very good series,
where with one clue at a time, our protagonist, Goto, tries to discover why he was imprisoned for ten years.
So far, "Old Boy" is calm with a sense of sincerity, yet also keeps the reader at the edge of their seat, wanting to to know more in such suspense.
The art design is simple, yet so vivid and detailed. It's breath taking and different (although some readers may think of the "What's Michael" cat comics when turning the pages). And wow... a lot people eat out in these books (ha ha... of course this shows of slice of life).

In volume 4, more questions are answered, but the mystery is not over yet. Goto learns from the woman in volume 3 that his imprisonment involved someone from his childhood. He even meets the man at his best friend's bar, but he can't recognize his voice or face (readers find out why by the end of the volume).

This is an excellent story, and I am very happy to come across this title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulls You In!, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Old Boy, Vol. 4 (Paperback)
This is a good manga that pulls you farther and farther into it as the volume ends. The only sad thing is that you can't keep reading til the end. You must wait for the next volume. I recommend reading the manga instead of seeing the movie first. I am reserving the movie until after I finish untangling this mystery with Goto.

Old Boy, Vol. 4
Old Boy, Vol. 4 by Garon Tsuchiya (Paperback - February 20, 2007)
$12.95 $11.10