Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 30, 2010
I bought these for my Dad after reading about 150 slipper reviews (no joke). My Dad is a big man with big, wide feet AND diabetes, so I was taking this really seriously.
The slippers look like they do in the picture. My Dad said that they are really comfortable and he wears them inside the house and just outside (to pick up the paper, go in the garage, etc). He likes the back and the fact that they Velcro so they won't slip off.
I don't usually review stuff, but I felt I should write one for these slippers since the positive reviews of others helped me to decide on this purchase. While they might seem a bit expensive for men's slippers, these are top-notch and totally worth it!
55 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2011
I got these awesome slippers for my elderly father. His feet are very swollen and all he can wear are socks which are very slippery. A great feature I didnt know about until I received the slippers is the fur lining in the sole of the slippers can be removed for cleaning or if it's summer and too hot or even for a better fit. My dad loved them! My dad takes a size 10 but because of him being diabetic and his feet swollen I got an 11-5E which was still to small. The width was great but I reordered a larger size so he could slip them on easier himself as 11's were a bit tight. Just a good tip if you have the same situation.
on September 12, 2008
Couldn't be better. It took two changes to get the right size--I've got very big feet. Best I've seen anywhere. Wear them all the time (now) in the house. Could even go out for mail or a short walk.
on January 15, 2015
Found a five inch long split in the bottom of the left shoe this morning. Wore the slippers only indoors. They were never stretched and never subject to excess cold or heat. Too bad. These were the most comfortable slippers I had ever worn.
review image
on January 26, 2010
Normally finding a pair of slippers that will fit my dad's feet which swell from diabetes and a heart condition is impossible, but not so with these. They fit him perfectly. They run true to size and width. He was amazed at the comfort right out of the box. Lots of cushion and support. Helps keep his feet warm even with poor circulation.
on October 21, 2012
These are the best and most comfortable slippers that I have ever worn. I purchased the same product approx 7 years earlier and was suprised that the same item was still available. The velcro strap makes them easy to get on and to fit tight enough so they do not slip up and down on your feet while walking. Your price of $25 was by far the lowest price on the internet and I will definitely buy another pair from Amazon if needed sometime in the future. FrankC
on January 3, 2013
I've owned these slippers for 18 months. With moderate use over this time, the sheepskin lining is wearing through at the heel and ball of the foot -- on one slipper, there are two patches of half a dime size in which the lining is gone, and on the other slipper, the lining at these two points is barely holding on. This is a typical problem with sheepskin -- it mats down quickly and then wears off. Other parts of the slipper are still great and it's plenty warm (the sheepskin on the top and sides is still thick). The slipper remains comfortable for now, because even without the sheepskin lining, the sole is cushiony and forgiving. However, I suspect it will need replacing within the next 6 months or so. I expected more longevity for a rather pricey slipper.

Another important note: after you receive the slipper and start wearing it, the top of the slipper will immediately develop deep creases, such that it's appearance will resemble the folds of the face of a Bulldog or Shar Pei (I assume this is why the slipper is called "Old Friend" -- it resembles a dog). Personally, I'm okay with this, but you should note that it will NOT keep the smooth surface shown in the picture.

Overall, it's worth 3.5 stars and will consider buying this slipper again; however, I will be looking more closely at other options. The strap is great and they are definitely comfortable (though considerably less than they were new), but the lack of durability at the pressure points (heel and ball) is disappointing.
on May 27, 2015
There is no way for me to contact the seller and you only have 30 days to return or exchange these. the quality is cheap, the soles split after 40 days. Of course it is past the 30 day return or exchange. Would rather work deal with seller. the slippers are very comfortable, but come on, they really should last longer the a month and a half for $65.00
review image
on April 9, 2011
Great construction, good materials. Very happy with the product overall. They are very (VERY) warm. Not a year round slipper here in LA. The velcro strap on the front (that is the reason I bought these) is also the one drawback. It is a bit tall and hits the front of my shin/top of my ankle in an uncomfortable spot, so I tend to leave the strap looser than I think I normally would. Makes for a loose fit for "moving around." They may break in well however, since I have only had about 10 days worth of wear in them. If not for that, it would be 5 stars.
on October 25, 2014
I have been wearing this style slipper for more than 20 years. The last pair before this purchase lasted 10 years. This one never felt comfortable, even when new. It is now only 11 months old and I must replace them because the so-called "Shearling fleece lining" is so poor that it is completely worn through. Some of the lining has also pulled up from the inside of the slipper making it uncomfortable.

I will never buy or recommend this brand again.