5.0 out of 5 stars From Many,
Published on December 6, 2010 by Maurice J. Reagan

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR Quality Slippers
Published 21 months ago by Sven

5.0 out of 5 stars From Many,, December 6, 2010
Choose this one. This "Old Friend" has never failed me. If you're a size 10, order a size 10. Between, order one size larger. It will fit. Your feet will be warm and comfortable. Walk on wet sidewalk or thru wet grass and you feet will stay dry. Use a lot... lasts over a year. Use as slippers only, will last over two years or more. Better by far than the "Wicked Good" one from Maine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good News/Bad News/Good News, November 9, 2011
NomDePlume (Philadelphia, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Friend Men's Moccasin (Apparel)
The good news: FOOT BLISS! These are simply the most incredibly comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. My feet are totally blissed out, and I'm considering moving to the Arctic Circle so I can wear them year-round. This is an outstanding product.

The bad news: after wearing them for a week or so (with cotton socks), the soles of my feet became badly irritated -- I've never worn shearling before, and something in it disagrees with the bottom of my feet (odd, because I wear wool socks regularly). I despaired for my new-found bliss.

The GOOD NEWS: the product description doesn't mention that the insoles are removable and -- here's the beauty part -- WASHABLE. I scrubbed them down with a bar of soap under lukewarm running water, and dried them overnight. Whatever was in the shearling (lanolin? some processing chemical?) washed away, and I got my bliss back!

Buy these. Give your feet some bliss.

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR Quality Slippers, October 20, 2012
Sven (Philly, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:27 Mins

UPDATE 12-5-2012:

Unfortunately these slipper's quality seems to be very poor indeed. I have had them less than 2 months now. Please see the video illustrating the inserts fur completely wearing off in the front foot area, and the inside heal fur soon to do the same. I am very dissatisfied with the quality of these slippers and will not buy from this manufacturer again unless they remedy the situation. I paid a premium for these and I expect premium quality not poor quality. I could have bought better slippers for $10. Very disappointing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original 5 Star Review 1 week after receiving them:

I'm a 10 1/2 - 11 shoe size and ordered the 11 medium width. They fit very well. Someone commented that their heel slipped out of the slipper. My heels were somewhat loose but I discovered that the slipper laces were actually functional. I tightened the laces and they are perfectly fitting me now. Very comfortable, thick cushiony sole with a solid outer plastic rubber surface. Very happy with them so far (I've had them about a week now). If anything changes I'll come back and add more to my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars THESE ARE MY SHOES, January 18, 2007
I've got plenty of shoes, but these are the ones I wear. Warm, comfortable, good to my feet. I wish I could have gotten them in a wide. Couldn't be done. I have a shoe stretcher I used on them and now - these are my shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and durable!, April 19, 2010
I bought these for my husband as a replacement to his other Old Friend slippers - they had lasted 3 years, and still have a little life in them, mostly as quick outside shoes. The new ones seem even strong and more durable than the last pair - he's looking forward to having them for awhile. Only complaint is that in this different design the inside sole comes out for washing (which is good) but when he takes his foot in and out the sole pulls out too, which he finds a little inconvenient. But not enough for him to consider returning them. Good purchase - I look forward to buying myself a pair of Old Friends too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friend Moc's, April 5, 2010
James Turner "Jim" (Prescott Valley, AZ) - See all my reviews
From the winters of Wisconsin, to the seasons of San Diego and the breezy Arizona mountains, I've always gone back to the only slipper that keeps my feet warm and is comfortable enough to wear year round. My "Old Friend" moccasin. A really Great Buy if you have big or wide feet, too! I'm on my 6th pair, as I wear them more than shoes. They're just that comfortable! You'll love them, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slippers, September 12, 2010
My husband loves these. Will probably request this same model as long as he's around to wear slippers. I hope the company stays in business as his gene pool promises at least another 35 years of slipper wearing.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great, September 9, 2012
This slipper is made with a shoe lace that is threaded through a tunnel that goes around the rim of the upper edge of the shoe then ties in front. If the shoe tends to slip off your heel as you walk (very annoying to me), this lace can be tightened to snug up the rim and the shoe no longer slips. In my case I had to tighten the lace so much I needed a shoe horn to put on the shoes. Alternatively,I could untie the laces, loosen the rim, put the shoes on, snug up and re-tie the laces, The shoes were no longer slippers that I could keep beside my bed and slip my feet into them and walk away. Once on my feet the shoes were comfortable, but I wanted "slippers". I"m buying a new pair of Evans slippers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for first few days, October 4, 2012
So this product was great for my first couple days then all of a sudden I noticed a hole forming near where the suede meets the rubber sole. They have barely been worn just in a college dorm building with one trip across the street to a market. I can confidently say that these shoes should NOT have this sort of wear and tear after so little use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your feet will thank you., February 26, 2011
Mike (Orange County Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Friend Men's Moccasin (Apparel)
Open the box, take your socks off, insert bare feet into these mocs and be prepared to let out a loud groan of joy, pleasure and happiness. I did. You will too. Worth the money.

Rate and Discover Movies