Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 28, 2013
NOTE: This review is after one year of use. These slippers (bought for my 165 lb. son last December as a Christmas gift) are comfortable and appear well constructed. They were only worn around the house and with socks. However, in less than a year the sole is separating from the side, the stitching is coming apart and the fuzzy insoles are down worn to the foam base leaving large bare spots. I will try to post pictures (slippers are beige in color) so you know what to expect one year later. Normally a person can't complain when their slippers wear out, but for the high price of these (compared to other slippers) I expected them to hold up better. If I knew they would only last a year, I would have bought cheaper ones.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment73 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2011
The good news: FOOT BLISS! These are simply the most incredibly comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. My feet are totally blissed out, and I'm considering moving to the Arctic Circle so I can wear them year-round. This is an outstanding product.

The bad news: after wearing them for a week or so (with cotton socks), the soles of my feet became badly irritated -- I've never worn shearling before, and something in it disagrees with the bottom of my feet (odd, because I wear wool socks regularly). I despaired for my new-found bliss.

The GOOD NEWS: the product description doesn't mention that the insoles are removable and -- here's the beauty part -- WASHABLE. I scrubbed them down with a bar of soap under lukewarm running water, and dried them overnight. Whatever was in the shearling (lanolin? some processing chemical?) washed away, and I got my bliss back!

Buy these. Give your feet some bliss.
0Comment74 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2010
Choose this one. This "Old Friend" has never failed me. If you're a size 10, order a size 10. Between, order one size larger. It will fit. Your feet will be warm and comfortable. Walk on wet sidewalk or thru wet grass and you feet will stay dry. Use a lot... lasts over a year. Use as slippers only, will last over two years or more. Better by far than the "Wicked Good" one from Maine.
22 comments86 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2012
UPDATE 12-5-2012:

Unfortunately these slipper's quality seems to be very poor indeed. I have had them less than 2 months now. Please see the video illustrating the inserts fur completely wearing off in the front foot area, and the inside heal fur soon to do the same. I am very dissatisfied with the quality of these slippers and will not buy from this manufacturer again unless they remedy the situation. I paid a premium for these and I expect premium quality not poor quality. I could have bought better slippers for $10. Very disappointing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original 5 Star Review 1 week after receiving them:

I'm a 10 1/2 - 11 shoe size and ordered the 11 medium width. They fit very well. Someone commented that their heel slipped out of the slipper. My heels were somewhat loose but I discovered that the slipper laces were actually functional. I tightened the laces and they are perfectly fitting me now. Very comfortable, thick cushiony sole with a solid outer plastic rubber surface. Very happy with them so far (I've had them about a week now). If anything changes I'll come back and add more to my review.
33 comments43 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2007
I've got plenty of shoes, but these are the ones I wear. Warm, comfortable, good to my feet. I wish I could have gotten them in a wide. Couldn't be done. I have a shoe stretcher I used on them and now - these are my shoes.
0Comment38 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2013
I searched and searched for a high quality slipper for my husband and thought I'd found it in this product. Not so. After only 7 or 8 months of very little wear, the upper part became detached from the sole of one slipper. He had better luck with $10 Walmart slippers. I emailed customer service and received an automated response that someone would get back to me and of course no one ever did. Not only is the product defective, the company has poor customer service.
on April 19, 2010
I bought these for my husband as a replacement to his other Old Friend slippers - they had lasted 3 years, and still have a little life in them, mostly as quick outside shoes. The new ones seem even strong and more durable than the last pair - he's looking forward to having them for awhile. Only complaint is that in this different design the inside sole comes out for washing (which is good) but when he takes his foot in and out the sole pulls out too, which he finds a little inconvenient. But not enough for him to consider returning them. Good purchase - I look forward to buying myself a pair of Old Friends too.
0Comment35 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2014
I bought these for my husband for Christmas. He has had another pair for a couple of years and really liked them and they have held up well. This pair is obviously defective. He has worn them for a little over four weeks and they are falling apart. Amazon says the return time limit has expired. I bought them on October 30th but they were a Christmas gift. So he has only had them for a month and they are defective.
22 comments18 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2014
I may have received a faulty product, but one of my 2 slippers has shed (and continues to shed) a great deal. The heal area is completely bare now and every time I pull my foot out of it there is fur flying everywhere. All of this happened within weeks of owning the new and rarely worn slippers.

I contacted the manufacturer and they are unwilling to replace it.
review image
on September 12, 2010
My husband loves these. Will probably request this same model as long as he's around to wear slippers. I hope the company stays in business as his gene pool promises at least another 35 years of slipper wearing.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse