5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new old friends.
These slippers are absolutely fantastic. They are unbelievably comfortable, and the sheepskin is soft enough that they can be worn with socks or without.

The insole is removable and fully washable. It comes out fairly easily if you're trying to get it out, but the insides of the slippers are fluffy enough that it stays put otherwise.

They might not...
Published on December 26, 2009 by icfasntw

3.0 out of 5 stars No longer best slippers ever: they have flaws!
UPDATE:

Published on October 25, 2011 by Claire H. Greenhill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new old friends., December 26, 2009
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)

They might not be the most stylish slippers... but who cares?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore other reviews; READ THIS ONE!, May 15, 2010
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)
When I bought the shoes, I had little knowledge of the brand. My coworker wore a pair of her Old Friends to work, and that's how I first came in contact with them. Her's were well-worn and well-loved. She said she couldn't get rid of them because they were so comfortable. Even with a ripped sole, mashed-down sheepskin interior and a filthy exterior, I knew I'd love them, too.

So I got on Amazon and checked the reviews. There were only 2. One gave it 5 stars, one gave it 1 star. Didn't bother looking at the good review (it's good...that's all I needed to know). Instead, I read the one-star review. Ordered them anyway.

Just got them this morning in the mail, and I've just slipped my feet into them. What I can say is this: The person who gave these amazing shoes 1 star must have ridiculously fat feet. They feel like heaven.

I've been looking for a shoe that's comparable to an Ugg (But without the ridiculously overpriced price tag). These are all-that and more (a little homely looking, but definitely worth overlooking once your toes come in contact with the genuine sheepskin lining).

I got the hard outsole so I could "accidentally" wear them to work when I left the house without changing my shoes in the morning. I love the sheepskin lining, I love the removable insole, and I love the fact that the insole is padded. It's like walking on little puffs of heaven.

No really. It is.

So far my feet haven't overheated. If I had to come up with a complaint... it'd be that I'd want them to be a little more stylish. And to have a *slightly* roomier toe box. It's a bit narrow, and I DO have skinny feet. Either way, very happy about my purchase and thinking of giving everyone a pair for their birthday/holiday/whatever present.

Please buy them! You'll love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slipper Moc Anywhere, December 21, 2010
S. Harper (rohnert park, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)
I love everything about this slipper, I order them every year for both myself & my son. The are very well constructed and have great arch support-I love the cushy insole they added last year-it feels snug at first but quickly conforms to your foot. I solved the problem of the removeable (great for washing) insole slipping out with a piece of 2 sided tape on the bottom-works great! I especially love the way I can go outside in our rainy Northern California winters and not get wet shoes or slip (they have great non skid bottoms)! I have tried other well known brands but never got the quality I find in Old Friend-they are truly my favorites!

5.0 out of 5 stars More like an OLD FRIEND than just a slipper!, October 6, 2011
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)
I purchased this product from another site, and I must say that I am ECSTATIC that I made the purchase (but wish I had bought here because they are less expensive here)! Yes, they may be a little more pricey than other "similar" slippers, but comparing them is like apples to oranges! I work from a home office which is next door to my house, and I usually wear slippers in my office in the winter....I normally wear them 24/7 in the winter in fact. I need those that can be worn in my house, go outside, and then into my office without having to change them. These are it! The difference in the feeling of these as compared to some less expensive ones is night and day. These are plush and like walking on a cloud.

About the sizing, my foot measures in at a size 7 wide, so in most normal width shoes, I usually have to wear a 7 1/2. I am wearing a size 7 regular in these, and they fit PERFECTLY. They are not too small nor too big. They have just enough give in the width, and the length feels true to size.

I also need 24 hr arch support, and these feel like they have "just enough" support in the footbed. VERY comfortable! Buying these is a GOOD BUY! I would recommend them to everyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars No longer best slippers ever: they have flaws!, October 25, 2011
UPDATE:

So, I have been wearing these slippers almost daily for the last four months, without socks. The slippers are still comfortable, but the arch support has collapsed a bit, which I imagine is normal. Also, unfortunately, the slippers are becoming too smelly to wear! I don't know if this is because I've been wearing them without socks, or because they are closed slippers (not slip-ons), or some other reason. But it is troublesome, and I am considering some open slippers.

----------------------------------------

Ok. I spent a RIDICULOUS amount of time researching sheepskin slippers. Ridiculous. I knew I wanted moccasin-style real sheepskin slippers, preferably with some arch support, and with a sole that wasn't just a hard layer of rubber. After returning one pair of Smart Dogs, and nearly purchasing a pair of the really expensive ones, I got these today. And... I love them! They are exactly the old-man ugly slippers I was looking for.

One consideration: Several of the reviewers commented on the sizing, that they run rather large. I think this is true-- I am a pretty regular size 8, I ordered the size 8, and they were big right out of the box, slipping off the heel. So, if you have a bit of patience and are willing to take the time to stretch them out, then ordering a size down is probably the way to go. Or, as I did, you can tie the laces tighter to accommodate for the larger sizing. It's really just a matter of preference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, April 4, 2011
I highly recommend these slippers. They will be one of those items I'll wear until they are all worn out. An added bonus... I have cracked and extremely dry feet, especially this winter. To my surprise, after wearing the slippers for only 2 weeks, my feet are all soft again and the cracks are about 90% gone. Hope they keep making these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, January 11, 2011
I just received these in the mail today so I can't really comment on durability. I normally wear an 8, I ordered an 8, and they fit perfectly lengthwise. The heel, however, is way too wide for me. I have a narrow heel so I'm not that surprised, but I'm bummed that even if I tighten the laces it still doesn't help with the heel, instead it just makes the back leather part rub against the back of my ankle. They also aren't as attractive as other brands (they look more like slippers than real moccasins) but I bought these for comfort more than style.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST MOST COMFORTABLE SHOE/SLIPPERS EVER MADE, June 14, 2011
L. Esp.. "LE IN LV" (LAS VEGAS, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)
I AM YELLING THIS AT YOU....IF YOU NEED COMFORTABLE SLIPPERS THAT CAN ALSO BE WORN AS SHOES, YOU HAVE FOUND THEM..Your foots just melts into them.....I wear them walking in and out of work...to the store...to run errands....and I have a smaller pair I use as slippers....Sturdy soles and the back of the shoe hugs your heel..No slipping around....They are worth every penny..They last a good long time too....I will buy them again and again...10 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm & Fuzzy, October 16, 2011
Kate (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Friend Women's 441165 Loafer Moccasin (Apparel)
I bought these at the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival. They feel warm and fuzzy and the woman assured me that they'd last several years. My grandfather had a pair like these (not Old Friend) that lasted him nearly a decade. My only complaint is that when I walk, my heel slides out but I got a size 7 which is my normal size and I've tried tightening them to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Moccasin, September 27, 2011
I love these moccasins. There are very comfortable and have firm soles. I certainly recommend them for any one who wants a quality product.