4.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul
Published 22 months ago by cbucio

3.0 out of 5 stars Old School with a Twang
Clarence is at the top of his field in this CD. He sings with energy and heart. I also love the lyrics. If you like Old School, you will easily get into this music.
Published 12 months ago by Shirleys Gift Shop USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
Clarence Bekker is so very talented he has the most amazing voice I have ever heard. I could not wait to get the CD when it came out but I was a little disappointed when I received it. My disappointment had nothing to do with Clarence it was all about the song selections that they had him do. In my opinion they went too far back in time and only two of the songs were really popular when they were out. In my opinion instead of having him do Hold ON by Sam and Dave they should have done When Something is Wrong with my Baby by them. I know with his voice Clarence would have killed that song and I mean that in a good way. I will say this if Clarence has the right songs not one of the guys that are topping the charts today could come close to his talent. They can't touch him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarence Bekker, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Old Soul (MP3 Music)
I agree with those who wish they had chosen better songs for this CD. But google Clarence Bekker and Henriette van Dyke, and watch him sing Stand by Me with her. He is outstanding. Great voice, great audience rapport, and great ability to respond to the person he is singing with, and adapt to them, and make a great result. I also like his performance of Stand by Me on Playing For Change, the one that starts with Robert Ridley. I wish there were more videos of him available, I think he is an under-promoted singer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul CD, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
This guy has the best voice. I can't believe we don't here more of him. I would definitely recommend this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL singer, REAL great voice, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
Saw him on Songs Around the World from Playing for Change and LOVED his voice and delivery. Reminds me of Otis Redding and love his covers of some great old songs. When you hear someone sing like Clarence it makes you sad he's not more successful and others who CAN'T EVEN SING are hugely popular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
I heard Clarence Milton Bekker on Playing for Change, loved his voice and thus ordered the CD. It is quite revealing of a very talented young artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing for Change, March 23, 2014
pii (Joplin, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
I heard this young artist sing on the album "Playing for Change" as well as seeing him on the DVD. He was so good that I wanted to hear more of his singing. I purchased "Old Soul" and was really pleased with the album. He has a very warm and mellow voice. Please give him a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarence Milton Bekker is an OLD SOUL, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
I first became aware of Clarence Milton Bekker on the Playing For Change video of Stand by Me. I also watched all the other videos and songs he has on you tube. But I had to have the cd so I could play it in the car, and put it on my mp3 playlist. His voice is tremendous, reminiscent of the r and b singers of the 1950's and '60's. I highly recommend this cd, and any of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Soul, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
I love this CD! I could listen to it 24/7. I wish there were more of his albums available. I highly recommend this one

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful voice needs more great material, January 19, 2014
robyn farmer (Monterey, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
I SO need to hear Clarence sing "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby". From the first time I heard him, I could just hear Sam and Dave, a sound I haven't heard from anyone else before Clarence. Try A Little Tenderness is a very good second place. This guy needs to be very well heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarence is Awesome!!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Old Soul (Audio CD)
Saw this guy on Playing for Change.. He's fantastic here and everytime I hear his music.. Don't miss out on this talent!!

ARRAY(0x9f9738c4)

Old Soul
Old Soul by Clarence Milton Bekker (Audio CD - 2012)