Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 30, 2015
This used to be the best anti-perspirant on the market when it looked like the item pictured here. However, it has changed to a red cap, and the formula has changed with it. It no longer goes on smooth and even--it gunks up and fall half off as you apply it. Worse yet, it smells like Pine-Sol cleaner and doesn't even cover the smell of your sweat. This product is only advisable if you desire white pasty crust in the inside of all of your shirts and on top of your pants and if you wish to smell like a dirty public bathroom.
on May 13, 2012
EDITED 7/11/15
I have used sweat defense for years, even before they changed the name to sweat defense. I have spoken very highly of the product until recently receiving the new dreaded red capped bottle. The addition of "synthetic wax" and paraffin contribute to unwelcomed clumping in my underarm hairs which results in the WAXING of my underarms when dry. Turns out when you put wax in a product that goes over an area with hair, the hair wants to come out. They've known this at beauty salons for years now and they actually charge people to violently remove the hair from their faces. Now with the new formula I am effectively getting the same spa treatment for my armpits.
Furthermore; the new scent is something downwind of a dumpster at a manure packing plant. PA PA PA PA PA PA POWER~FUL stank on ya.
Whatever the number of cents per bottle this now waxy rancid formula saves Old Spice, please just add into the cost of the old formula because unfortunately for me this was the only deodorant that kept me from sweating and smelled good after a long days work.
Now I'm stuck with speed-dating new deodorant sticks and the awkward look on the face of that poor stick when I promptly toss it out in the rubbish is hard to take. Please Old Spice, stop ripping out my pit hairs and making me smell like the drain at a brewery. I thought we had a better relationship than that.
~~~~~~~~~

I have used Old Spice Red Zone now for about ten years. This is far and away the best deodorant on the market for very highly active men. I do a lot of hiking/backpacking, weightlifting and running, and this deodorant just hangs tough. I use three clicks under each arm and I am good all day long.
My wife often tells me that I smell fantastic after I come home from working all day and I only put on the deodorant in the morning. This deodorant does not wear off. The Swagger scent is her favorite, so naturally I wear it.
I actually buy this product on a subscription through Amazon which saves me some money at the store. Sometimes this product has a buy one get one free coupon and with certain store memberships you can stock up on them for pennies, but I do not have the time to go super couponing and soak up those great deals. For a no-hassle method, I recommend signing up for the automated subscription and get these sent to your house. My average savings is about $.75-$1.00 per stick.
I do have one CON about this product. After a couple years, the deodorant will build up in the armpits of my under shirts. It manifests itself in the form of a hard and discolored blob which is permanently stuck to your garments. I just go out and by new shirts at that point, but I figure that this is worth mentioning.
Although I have one con, I still give this wonderful product a 5-star rating.
on April 12, 2015
I ordered 6 of these. I usually love this stuff, but they changed the lid color from clear to red and apparently changed the formula. I smell likes bears ass by lunch. Never happened with the clear lid kind. Won't be making this purchase again.
on March 29, 2015
Not the same product that it used to be, fragrance is not the same and is now too strong. It also flakes almost immediately when applied instead of smooth and lotion-y like before.
It also looks different from the picture shown, has a red cap.
Like bed head manipulator, another one bites the dust?
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2015
This used to be my favorite deodorant but they changed the formula (and the cap). Now the scent is weird and it also crusts.
on May 26, 2015
Count me in as one of the Used to Love It group. The red cap sticks will clump up and flake immediately after putting it on. I have to use a towel and wipe off What gets on my arm.
Also it smells like a cleaner now.
old formula was soft and lotion like.
on April 15, 2015
I've been using this exact kind of Old Spice deodorant since at least 2010 ("Sweat Defense" in "fresh" scent).

All of a sudden, just when I decide to buy in bulk, THEY CHANGE THE FORMULA. This new scent is like hot garbage. Heavy on the VOCs. Take a look at the dates of the reviews. The old ones are great. Because this used to be great. Now it sucks. Don't buy it.

Seems like Old Spice is spending their entire quality control budget on those idiotic ads. I'm done with Old Spice.
on May 28, 2015
All the recent one star reviews are right. I've been using this product for years. They changed the formula up. It will arrive with a Red Cap. That is the sign that the scent is now horrible. At first smell you think "well, it's a little stronger, but it's fine." Then you wear it for a day. The 2nd half of the day I smelled horrible, not by my sweat, by buy the nasty chemically pepper scent that this gives off now. My wife wouldn't get close to me that night. I had to shower and get it off of me.

Old Spice, WHY DID YOU RUIN THIS PRODUCT!!!!!
on July 14, 2015
The old scent was really good. I've used it for years. We went on a vacation for a week after buying a stick and leaving it in our small bathroom, and came back wondering who had smoked in our bathroom. We went to the store hoping it was just a bad shipment but no... We went to ANOTHER completely different store and smelled the ones they had, and it also smelled bad. Highly disappointed here. I liked wearing this and spending more because it worked well and smelled great. Now it smells really bad.

Can we say New Coke?
on May 21, 2015
Used to be amazing. They changed it. Every morning there is dried up chunks on the top of it that fall off on the floor. Smells bad. Doesn't go on smooth. Time to find a new brand.