5.0 out of 5 stars Great long-lasting, mild deodorant

1.0 out of 5 stars They should rename this scent Dirty Gym Locker Room
Published 21 months ago by Robert E. Erichsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great long-lasting, mild deodorant, April 28, 2007
Paul "lensovet" (Los Angeles, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I first got this deodorant as a gift from a friend (no joke). I immediately noted that the product does not so much have a "smell" of its own as it simply masks your body smell. It also lasts for a really long time. Surprisingly enough, it's NOT an anti-persirant, meaning that it doesn't clog your pores, which I find to be very desirable. I also hate extremely-strong smelling deodorants because I think a deodorant is supposed to mask odor, not produce its own. This deodorant fits the bill perfectly, and the "Fresh" kind is really the best in my opinion. I haven't tried any other kind or brand since, I really love it that much. I'm glad Amazon carries them now since they aren't always available at local stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic stuff, February 4, 2011
I put some on, immediately developed a six-pack, and attracted a mob of beautiful women in bikinis... which was weird because it was January.

Anyways, it goes on smooth, lasts long, and smells great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, August 8, 2010
Old Spice High Endurance is the only deodorant I use. I live in Oklahoma where the summers are hot and humid (105º last week) so I tend to sweat a lot when I'm outside, even if its only for a few minutes.

I have tried several different popular brand deodorants and this one is the only one that really works.

5.0 out of 5 stars by far best smelling deodorant known to man & ladies * wink * wink, July 13, 2011
With Game Day, girls will think your natural scent comes from the shores of mount Olympus (if that makes any sense) and you, well, won't think you smell like a crusty sock left in a gym locker. Seriously though, this is one of the best smelling deodorants on the planet. When I didn't see it on the store shelves, I actually panicked. That's why I got this six pack from Amazon. It comes out to be about ~$3 a stick w/ shipping. Not too shabby. Old Spice has many varieties but for w.e reason their best line and scent is reserved for Game Day. They try oh so hard with their other newly released scents (Thor's Olive tree, Spartacus blood, Eagle's Egg and shores of secluded cancun or w.e they've come up with recently) but they all smell like Axe and it makes u smell like an abandoned Abercrombie store. Trust me, this is no good my friend. Despite the recent clever ads, they have seemed to spent more dough on marketing itself rather than R&D for good scents. As for a so-called "game day" deodorant, it won't leaving you smell like a typical jock aka intrusive and obnoxious artificial scents (parts: flowers, fruits, alcohol, grandpa's aftershave) layered over a BO infused waterfall pit. Game Day smells like a really good subtle sweet cologne that lasts long, covers up your "natural scent" well and doesn't leave embarrassing sweat spots under your arms.

Bonus: Girls will think you are wearing cologne after a long, fresh shower. It'll be our little secret ;)

May or not include a horse. Will attract girls who may or may not be attractive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and highly effective, November 29, 2012
Venompig890 (Boston, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Old Spice has been well-known for a long time for their men's grooming products. As a former user of the Old Spice Classic original round stick, I wanted to give this High Endurance line stick a try for the difference in formula. Most noteworthy is the lack of triclosan, an anti-fungal agent, in the High Endurance line. Given triclosan's ties to causing thyroid hormone issues in animals and ability to combine with chlorine to become choloroform (a carcinogen), the High Endurance's formula may be the safer of the two. [UPDATE*: As of somewhat recently (2014), Old Spice discontinued using triclosan in the Classic line] The absence of alcohol also creates a milder deodorant.

Health concerns aside, I'm very happy with this deodorant and its performance. The scent lingers nicely all day, is not overpowering, and keeps your pits from smelling until your next shower. This deodorant is also aluminum free so it holds no antiperspirant properties. There's no residue whatsoever due to the stick being a solid gel, though give it a few minutes to dry after applying to avoid any of the blue color rubbing off onto your light-colored shirts.

There is a plethora of scents to choose from, the most popular seeming to be Pure Sport and Fresh, but I prefer the Original scent - Pure Sport is equally as pleasant. All in all, it's a great deodorant and an excellent choice for all day coverage. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Spice, January 5, 2012
I have been using this for many years now, always liked how it smells and it lasts long. strong enough for all day use but not harsh and the smell is not overwhelming. ( To me at least ) Simple clicker to move the stick up, these are the "gel" type so no white powder mess like some other deodorants. Very reasonably priced on Amazon, so can't go wrong.

* Disclaimer * careful if you wear white t-shirts as the blue color of this deodorant does come off sometimes onto the shirt. Just something to be aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only deodorant for me, January 31, 2011
I am a big guy and a very heavy sweater. I have used Old Spice brand deodorant after trying many other brands. I still go to try other brands every so often but nothing works like this. Another thing to note about deodorant in general is the use of Aluminum. Aluminum has been linked to increased risk in cancer, especially for women. The high endurance line of Old Spice does not contain aluminum. All deodorants that are considered antiperspirant do. Another brand you might be interested in trying for no aluminum content is Tom's. The problem with Tom's is it is very ineffective for a heavy sweater such as myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars They should rename this scent Dirty Gym Locker Room, February 14, 2013
I've used original scent in the past so when I saw it was cheaper than other scents here on amazon I bought the 6 pack. Well I don't know if these are some kind of defective or out of date sticks, or if they screwed around with the formula but they stink bad. Even my 4 year old who likes to pretend to put on deodorant in the morning hated the stink of it. He said "Daddy this smells bad" and put it back on the sink. It actually smells like a dirty gym locker room. I put it on after a shower in the morning and smelt like I just did a 8 hour workout. Won't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Spice does it right again, April 18, 2008
david_34 (Tucson, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I now use this Old Spice deodorant, as it was the last of the major brands to be aluminum-free. It is not offensively smelly, and it works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deodorant, ever!!, January 12, 2009
LindaLou "Linda" (Wilkes-Barre, Pa, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Spice High Endurance Fresh Scent Deodorant 3.25-Ounces (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)
This deodorant is the only one that actually works for me. Other deodorants and antiperspirants would get odd smelling and cause irritation under my arms. But the Old Spice high endurance deodorants have made me so much more confident, as corny as that sounds. I don't think it is meant to, but it stops my underarms from sweating a lot too. The fresh is my favorite scent because it is mild, clean and not overwhelming. The mountain rush smells good too! Amazon.com is the place to get it; you get a lot more for your money, compared to drug stores.

Old Spice High Endurance Fresh Scent Deodorant 3.25-Ounces (Pack of 6)
$24.91 $14.95
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.