Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 3, 2006
I received this advent calendar as a gift and enjoyed using it this Advent season. Both I and my sister, who is quite younger than I am, enjoyed using it, so it is great for all ages. It is exciting to see the village grow each day. The stickers are made well, and blend into the beautifully detailed background perfectly. After Christmas was over, it was easy to peel the stickers off to put them back on the sticker sheet to use for next year. My only slight complaint is that some of the stickers go across the crease of the background, and will get bent if you don't keep the background open all the time. But the scene is so pretty that you probably wouldn't want to close it anyway.
on January 14, 2007
I sent this calendar to my daughter & grandson without a really good idea what it was like, since there is only one little picture of it online. Later I saw it at their house, and participated in selecting the sticker of the day. As I had hoped, the "village" was empty of anything but snow and the bare outline of each house. My 3-year-old grandson was very successful at putting each sticker within its outline, and took great satisfaction in doing so.
on December 30, 2009
We have had this advent calendar for 4 years, and it is a favorite in our household. The stickers are on a separate sheet with numbers on it, and the village buildings are outlined on the main card. It opens up and gives you a beautiful scene to work with. We have placed the stickers carefully back on the sheet each year to re-use it, and this year it finally gave out.
I am back to buy another one.
Thanks!
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2013
I purchased this Advent calendar for an inexpensive, wrapped, game prize to use at Thanskgiving since December 1st was right around the corner and I just love daily Advent calendars. I try to find prizes that are winter themed, such as Chapstick, hand lotion, cheap holiday music CDs, small winter Lego sets, winter scented candles, holiday books, etc... I really would have liked something more up to date, with brighter colors, but this fit the price point for what I was looking for. I was pleasantly surprised when I got this because, although it has old fashioned pictures, it is really pretty and has a lot of detail. My 5 year old niece actually won this prize and she brought the completed calendar with her to our family Christmas. Her and I spent a few minutes looking at it together and it was a pretty scene. She seemed to really like it, which surprised me since it was old fashioned. The stickers are actually reusable, if you keep the sheets that they came on. It would look nice on a refrigerator. The actual book is very durable and it arrived quickly.
on February 24, 2011
This is a really nice advent calendar. My 2 1/2 yr old loved sticking a new house on every morning as we counted down the days to Christmas. I loved the beautiful, yet simple illustrations. I think it really allows your imagination to run wild. I tried peeling up the stickers to reuse next year but the adhesive took the lamination off the picture (so they are no longer sticky). Ah, well... it was fun while it lasted!
on December 29, 2014
The beautiful details on the stickers really make this advent calendar special. It is fun to watch the village grow each day and the end result is festive VIctorian-era village scene. The stickers are easy enough to place and can be lifted and repositioned if needed. Fun for adults of kids who enjoy snow villages.
on January 6, 2013
I was disappointed that this is basically just a double page with outlines to show where to put the house stickers. It is way too limited re creativity. It would have been funner if there was instead a backdrop scene that people can put the different stickers on, to create new scenes, but the way it is it just has outlines for where each sticker goes, which is not much fun. Also, it would have been funner with stickers for more than just houses, such as carolers, trees, cars, etc. It lacked much creativity in my opinion. It is basically a picture, with outlines and stickers to paste in those outlines.
on January 31, 2012
My 2-year old loved doing this advent calendar. It has stickers, which is a big plus. Our village ended up looking a deal more crooked though. :)

Some reviews said they were able to re-use it year after year. I tried peeling the stickers back off, but out of the first 3 2 split and left their sticky side behind, so I threw it away. I don't really mind though, when I was a child I had a different one each year, it was part of the fun.
on December 31, 2013
We were looking for an advent calendar with a little more to it than just the usual opening of windows, because she is 6 years old. This calendar worked wonderfully, as it gave her something to do, and the scenes were very nice and interesting for her. I would recommend it to anyone.
on December 2, 2010
My 2 year old loves this calander. He doesn't count and I didn't want to give him chocolate right before bed. This is a nice alternative. The stickers can easily be moved once they are stuck, but I like to keep them crooked. He loves seeing the town appearing over time.