5.0 out of 5 stars Love this olive oil
I didn't purchase this at Amazon but have bought it elsewhere and love it. I tried many brands of extra virgin and the flavor was often bitter and overwhelming to whatever I was cooking. Olivari is not strongly flavored or bitter like some extra virgin olive oils so you can use it to cook anything. I use it for salad dressing and sauteing. Love the pop up cap.
Published 17 months ago by Charlotte Whitaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it even olive oil???
Published on August 27, 2011 by Maggi

1.0 out of 5 stars Is it even olive oil???, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Olivari Mediterranean Olive Oil, Classic, 25.5-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
When I got this product home, I noticed it was yellow--not the greenish color you expect from olive oil. I then tasted it; it has no resemblance in flavor whatsoever to olive oil. I have contacted the store where I purchased this (the 51 oz size), and they have agreed to let me exchange it. I have also left a message with the producer (Sovena Inc) and hope they return my call. I will not buy Olivari olive oil again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this olive oil, September 3, 2013
Charlotte Whitaker (Morro Bay, CA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaky bottles, February 27, 2011
Just like the previous reviewer, the bottles I received were also leaking. The bottles have the so called "pop-up pourer" that leaks when the bottle is placed on its side. Unless the bottles are shipped upright, I don't think the leak can be prevented.

4.0 out of 5 stars improve packaging, January 24, 2011
The price I paid was very reasonable but I always look for bargains. One bottle had a seal leak so there were greasy bottles. Nothing major but they should have been separated better so they did not bang together during transit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine leaking, too - will it affect quality and shelf life?, March 15, 2011
Perhaps I should've waited to post my review until AFTER I tasted and cooked with the oil, but the leaky factor was too hard to ignore. I thought I should share my two cents given 2 of 2 previous reviewers had the same problem.

My husband bought two 25.5 oz bottles of Olivari olive oil at a local grocery store this morning. Knowing him as well as I do, I'm 99.5% sure he wouldn't put greasy bottles into his shopping cart, so I assume they tipped over in the grocery sack on the way home. I also suspect BOTH bottles leaked, because each is oiliest around the cap's seal with a finer film of oil coating the top third of the bottle; the lower two-thirds of each bottle aren't greasy at all. In both cases, the film is fine enough not to be noticed by sight - just by feel. The seal on each bottle appears tight and intact around the cap and neck of the bottle.

ON THE PLUS SIDE: Unlike many distributors of olive oil, the folks at Olivari stamp the expiration date on the label. That's a big plus to me.

*UPDATE* 08 May 2012

Even though the seal on each bottle was tight and intact, upon opening we found the lid was not screwed on all the way - both bottles had this problem. The next time I saw this product at the store, I picked up several to see if any other bottles had the same oily film. They ALL did! Also, their lids were loose though the plastic safety wrap was tight. I no longer think the leaking of our two bottles was caused by tipping over in the car trunk, as the ones standing upright on the store shelves had the same problem.