Let me first state that these are NOT real pearls. I thought I'd mention it because I read someone asking in the comments of another review if they are. They are not. I believe these are completely human-created in a lab using swarovski crystals, unlike cultured or natural pearls that are created by oysters.

I needed a string of pearls to wear to work or on...
Published on January 30, 2011 by shelly v

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it...
Published on January 25, 2010 by J. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars good potential alternative to expensive freshwater/cultured pearls, January 30, 2011
This review is from: Olive n Figs' Crystal Pearl Necklace (8mm) - MADE WITH SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS - 14 Colors (Jewelry)

I needed a string of pearls to wear to work or on job interviews and I certainly can't spend a fortune for the higher-end pearls. I did a lot of research on freshwater and cultured pearls before I came across these. If you want a set a pearls that looks good and uniform and don't care if they're real or faux as long as they look nice, this is a good value for the money. These pearls look nice and uniform and a good size and not quite as white as shown in the picture, slightly less white (which is fine by me because overly-white pearls tend to look fake). Pretty good luster. So this is a nice alternative to spending the same amount of money to buy a string of cultured pearls that are not uniform (often referred to as 'potato' pearls). For the amount of money I spent for these pearls, I'd probably only get a lower-end string of cultured pearls which wouldn't look as nice as these do.

Don't get me wrong. Of course they won't compare to akoya or south sea pearls. It's nice if everyone could afford real pearls. But unless you're buying them for a special occasion or gift and have the money to spend, they're not worth the expense IMO. Since I'm buying for work reasons spending this amount of money makes sense to me, plus these pearls are a nice value for that amount. I would say this is a good set as a 'starter' pearl necklace or a nice gift for someone younger who you wouldn't spend a lot of money buying real pearls for.

I did consider other brands of fake pearls and looked at some in brick and mortar stores and those are mostly for fashion and look very obviously fake. I don't know what the potential is for these pearls to be mistaken for real ones since I haven't worn them yet but these look NOWWHERE near as fake as some pearls you can buy in department stores, most of which cost about the same as the swarovski pearls. Yes, as other reviews have mentioned repeatedly the fish hook clasp is a pill to use (I had to google instructions on how to unhook the clasp). But as least it's a secure clasp that'll keep you from losing the pearls and even though I didn't spend hundreds of dollars on these I like them and want to keep them. I'm thinking of getting the gray ones too.

5.0 out of 5 stars delighted with this purchase, March 28, 2009
I am actually very delighted with this item. I own other cultured pearl jewerly, but the 8mm size of the "crystal" pearls was appealing (for the price)... and I was curious how this necklace would look. The fish-hook clasp is lovely, as well. The pearls are single-knotted on a silk string, 18 in. long. They have a bit of weight to them, so that the necklace hangs very nicely. A very nice, and dressy looking necklace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great necklace, September 14, 2009
I get tons of compliments on this necklace. The pearls really do seem more luminous with the crystals inside. I'm not sure how you would prove they were actually Swarovski's inside but it works for me, and for the price it's a great everyday necklace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and nice, January 10, 2010
The string of pearls arrived in good condition in a small tasteful jewelry box. It was a Christmas gift for my wife and she really liked it. She did have some trouble figuring out how the clasp opened and there were no instructions but she figured it out after a minute or two. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift that looks expensive without the price!, April 3, 2010
I bought this as a gift for my wife who wanted some Tahitian pearls. She loved it and even through they aren't real, the necklace has a great look and feel to it without having to sell a kidney for real Tahitian pearls. I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pearl Necklace, September 21, 2009
There honestly isn't much I can say about this necklace other than "Buy it! Buy it now!!" The pearls have a great weight to them, look great. I also got the bracelet and I'm very happy. Shipping was prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOREGEOUS!!!!!!!, August 31, 2010
R. Vasquez (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
this is my favorite pearl necklace that i own, and it is simply stunning!!! the pearls are all perfectly round and lustrous! i would highly recommend this necklace, especially for the reasonable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent gift, August 14, 2010
HB Stone (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Inexpensive enough for an "anytime" gift, but nice enough to truly be enjoyed for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked it..., January 25, 2010
The necklace is very beautiful. However, I would have liked a different clasp in the back. The clasp that comes with the necklace does not stay clasped, but comes apart and is still connected. I think a closed-hook clasp would have been much, much better. If the clasp comes off of the necklace, I hope I can take it somewhere and get a new clasp instead of loosing a nice set of pearls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase !, January 13, 2012
Thought for the price it might look cheap. It looks expensive. I am very very happy and recommend this pearl necklace to anyone in the market for one.