Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olive, My Love
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 25, 2005
OLIVE is one of my family's favorite charaters, bar none. We have hundreds of books, but none have as much heart (wait til you read it) as this one. A MUST READ!! I took it into my classroom and now everyone wants to borrow it.
on September 23, 2004
Olive, the canine heroine, has found a one-of-a-kind object she just knows must be returned. A heart! And not just any heart, it's a huge heart. One that is as loving as Olive's is. Now, with the help of her friends, Handler the squirrel, Flea the flea, and Weaver the spider, Olive must find a way to return the heart to it's rightful owner. Her very good friend Dexter the dog.

In usual fashion, Vivian Walsh has woven a cute tale that is sure to please all young readers, especially around Valentine's Day, while J. Otto Seibold has created wonderful illustrations that bring the story to life. Olive is an adorable character, who could put a smile on anyone's face. Overall, this is a must-have book for your home, you won't be disappointed!

Erika Sorocco

Book Review Columnist for The Community Bugle Newspaper
on August 19, 2013
This is a slightly odd picture book. For the pictures, I would give it 5 stars; the artwork is colorful and engaging for the kids and parents alike. The plot itself is cute as well, a winged dog giving his "heart" to our heroine Olive. The text though is convoluted, wordy and confusing to the toddler/young child set that the book appears to be geared towards. They miss most of the plays on words, and there is just too much text for the basic story. What is there is kind of dull as well. So I would give 3 stars to the plot, 5 for the illustrations, and averaged it out to my rating of 4 stars for the book.
on February 2, 2005
I absolutely love love love love this book. It is very funny. I wish Olive would come to my house. There is a spider in the book that can weave anything. It makes a web, a hammock, a slingshot and a parachute.
on January 8, 2014
I ordered this for my 3 year old since she absolutely loves her Olive the Other Reindeer book. She was very meh after I read this to her and hasn't asked me to read it again. Even I thought it wasn't as cute as the Reindeer one.
on March 8, 2014
I gave this to my 1 year old for Valentine's Day. She loves to read books! I think that it was a bit too much of a book for her at 1 year s old. I still enjoyed reading it, and I know that she will love it in the future. We will definitely keep it in our mix of books to read! I can't wait to get some of the other Olive books.
on November 16, 2005
Vivian Walsh has created the best characters in recent picture books. My favorite character in OLIVE MY LOVE is a fast-talking squirrel. This is how he introduces himself to Olive.

Olive hadn't gone far when she heard these four words.

"Stop! No! Don't go!"

Olive stopped.

"Stand clear of the rut!" instructed a squirrel.

Just then, down the rut rolled a nut.

The squirrel held it up to show Olive.

"Now I can say hello. Hello. My name is Handler."
on January 6, 2014
If my 3 year old were writing this review, it would be an enthusiastic 5 stars. However, coming from this mom's point of view I give it a "meh" and 3 stars.

We love Olive and her quirky ways at our house, but this story was just... weird. It didn't flow terribly well, the characters were introduced rather abruptly, and it's a bit hard to read out loud.

We'll keep reading it (probably several times a day if the pattern continues) but my kids like it a whole lot more than I do.
on February 7, 2014
This book, as well as "Olive the Other Reindeer" are so sweet. Even my nine year old granddaughter sat there while I read it to my other grandchildren. The illustrations aren't my favorite but the story is perfect.
on January 16, 2007
The Otto books are always clever and beautiful, thanks to it's artist/author. It's great to be able to read books to kids that aren't populated by fuzzy chicks and talking bunnies. Give me Olive, snappy graphics, good puns, irony. Otto, my love!