5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, you'll like it!!
What a wonderful book that shows how to encourage a child to try something new. It also helps to realize that a lot of children compare what they do in one place to another. The illustrations are very colorful and bright. A reader could almost read the story using the pictures. Read and enjoy!
Published on October 18, 2000 by Michael S Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars A Gastronomical Change of Mind
Published 12 days ago by James Charnock

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, you'll like it!!, October 18, 2000
This review is from: Oliver's Fruit Salad (Venture-Health & the Human Body) (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Gastronomical Change of Mind, August 9, 2014
This review is from: Oliver's Fruit Salad (Paperback)
A very simple text--can be read in five minutes--with moderately attractive illustrations. I suppose the purpose of the story is to entice young children to explore more food possibilities than the fast food diet or fruit from a can. Oliver's taste does not include fruit, especially fresh fruit, in spite of his enjoying helping his grandparents pick fresh fruit from their garden. With his mother's, then grandparents', encouragement he does discover the delicious taste of fresh fruit, especially as a salad. I liked one reviewer's sharing that when introducing the book, cut-up fresh fruit was provided to enhance enjoyment of the story.--hard to do if reading to classes in a library.

Picture Book: Realistic Fiction (Grades K-2)

The Creative Teacher: Activities for Language Arts (Grades 4 through 8 and Up)

4.0 out of 5 stars The kids love this book, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Oliver's Fruit Salad (Paperback)
The kids love this book! I often buy a pineapple to pass around so they get the feel of the book too and then serv then a taste of canned pineapple and Mandarin oranges as a fruit salad. It goes over well. nutrition instructor

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had expected-Very disappointed, January 16, 2012
I was very disappointed when receiving this book. I had paid quite a bit for this book, and the book arrived at my house with severe water damage. The damage to the book was so bad that the pages tore when I tried to open the book. I am a teacher and I purchase a lot of my own books and do not get reimbursed for them. I would not purchase anything from this seller again because I was not aware of how severe the damage was. I cannot even use the book in my class because the text and photos are destroyed.

Oliver's Fruit Salad (Venture-Health & the Human Body)
Oliver's Fruit Salad (Venture-Health & the Human Body) by Vivian French (Hardcover - Sept. 1998)
Used & New from: $0.01