Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olivia Garden Ceramic and Ion Thermal Brush
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 8, 2012
It works well and the best thing about it is that is doesn't break my hair like older types of round brushes that pull the hair out. BUT, the one thing I wish was different is that the top of it (at least on my brush) is not covered in rubber, like some others that are similar. The top on mine is metal and that metal gets extremely hot when I'm blow-drying. As a result, I have burned myself when the top of the brush touches my neck. The burn has never been so severe as to scar my skin, fortunately, but it does hurt and I wouldn't purchase this brush again unless the model changed so that the top was covered with rubber or something else that doesn't heat up.
11 comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2015
So you might decide to chalk my review up to resistance to change but heres my oppinion...
The moment I took this brush out of the package I was disappointed. I have an Olivia's garden brush that I have been using for 10 years and it has been fabulous. I simply wanted a new one so I tracked this down as what I thought was an identical replacement. Wrong. The rubber on the handle is cheap, the styling pic is lighter and smaller and difficult to take on and off, the bristles and barrel look fine but overall if I had not checked out the Olivia's garden official website I would have sworn it was a knock off. This is in fact the brush current on the Olivia's garden site but it is a poor boys version of my original. I was able to find a brush like my old model at Ulta For $18. so I really don't get it. I would gladly pay that again for the quality I've had for a decade. I'll be buying that instead and waiting to see what the seller will do for me on this cheap out of what used to be a great product.
review image
on July 26, 2011
I bought this to replace my old Chi brush that was the same size. This brush is great because it doesn't pull and break my fine blonde hair. My hair doesn't get get twisted around and pulled by the handle. Comfortable to hold. Barrel gets and stays hot for quick drying and nice styling. Seems solid, very professional. Arrived quickly and packaged nicely.
on July 19, 2012
Bought this to use on my should length hair. The pick doesn't stay in the handle, but I didn't really care about that. I think the barrel is a little small for the length of my hair, I should have gone with the 2 1/8" barrel. It does make my hair shiny and bouncy. My only real complaint is the handle. It's a very grippy material which is great for my fingers to hold onto, but my hair grips onto it too! I often have to untangle my hair from around the handle. I think I would prefer a more slippery handle so that my hair would just slide off. So I'm still looking for the perfect round brush.
on July 13, 2011
I have had this brush for years, well, I am on my second one at this point. I was able to learn how to style my hair with this brush without using any other hot tools. It is the perfect size for medium length or short hair- I've had both during . My hair is also very thin. Hope this helps!
on December 15, 2012
Love the size. I bought it because it claimed to be 100% seamless body and absolutely snag-feel. This is NOT true though-- there is a bottom seam which pulls, traps and breaks my hair! Also the rubber grip will grab and pull hair, too. So I am returning and am still on the hunt for a brush that does not harm my hair.
on July 3, 2015
I started using it for myself, and found it a superior after-shower smoothing brush. I've had no problem with bent or loose pieces, and it's got well-spaced bristle groups, so styling with it is probably possible. I haven't used it with heat yet, but I believe it will help straighten and shine finer hair. It's probably not best for very curly or kinky hair unless you run some product through before and after to shape the result. Be aware that it will take the body out, because it distributes oils and lines up individual strands.

I have type 2 hair (wavy white girl) and it requires a little push to get down to the scalp, but the bristles are soft and even enough that it's a pleasant and stimulating feeling. It's not a brush you use for a single stroke down the entire length of your hair. It's best to start with the lower third, to detangle, then scalp to middle, and finish by stroking the midsection through to the ends. The technique prevents breakage and knots in longer hair. If yours is less than shorter, do the lower half, then scalp to middle before brushing the length.

I'm back ordering a second one because I started using the first on my cats. They approve, too. It makes them very shiny and removes the undercoat extremely well without being too scratchy.
I had to replace a very old brush that was my favorite so I did my research and found this one. Funny thought because once I got the brush I realized it was the same brush I had and I was so happy. There is no better brush than this one for me. Thanks for having it available.
on May 23, 2015
Disappointed this product does not live up to its guarantee that it is "100% snag free". Although there is no gap between the handle and the barrel like other cheap typical round brushes where hair gets caught, this product's connection is right below the bristles, and MY HAIR STILL GETS CAUGHT. I wrote to the company and they are demanding photos and receipts. Pretty annoyed.
review image review image review image
on December 7, 2012
I really liked this brush for a few days, but the bristles simply didn't hold up to the heat of the hair dryer and became bent/melted. I expected more for the price!