5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Brush!!!!!!
Published on February 15, 2012 by JV

2.0 out of 5 stars The bad reviews are true!
Published 15 months ago by Mario H. Newman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Brush!!!!!!, February 15, 2012
Like the other reviewer, my stylist used this brush on me the last time I went in. I searched online and this was by far the best deal! A little about my hair. I have long hair, about 4 inches below my shoulders and it's naturally curly and because of highlights it tends to look a little frizzy, but I like wearing it straight. Recently I've been investing $ into creating great looking hair at home due to a great visit to a salon last year and wanting to recreate the look in between visits. So naturally I have upgraded my hair dryer, flat iron, bought a curling iron, bought some Redken Heat Glide (which she also used on my hair the first time) and the last thing I had left was my brush. My hair was looking pretty great before buying this brush so I only bought it because I was really wanting to see if it made any difference. Before this I used a wooden round boars hair brush.

I kid you not, this brush has made ALL the difference in the world!!! My hair has never been as shiny and soft as it has the past two times I've used it. I've only had it a week and I'm in LOVE. I usually only wash and style my hair twice a week. Mostly because I hate the routine, but this brush has cut my drying time by at least 1/3 (it would probably be faster if I wasn't so particular) But that's great considering my type of hair. My hair looks and feel SO silky while I'm drying it that I actually ENJOY the drying part now! I cannot say enough good things about this brush. If you're considering it, consider no more! Just get it! It's SO gentle on your hair and it really works amazingly well. I'm tempted to buy two more to have for later on.. LOL!

I will also say that with this brush I do not need the flat iron or the curling iron. It works THAT well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever! LOVE the size!!, December 5, 2012
My stylist used this set of Olivia Garden brushes on my hair at the salon and I thought they were great. I bought the 1 3/4" and now this one. I love them! This brush makes drying my hair so much faster and it leaves my hair silky smooth and shinny. The bristles are much stronger than other brands/types allowing it to hold on to your hair better. It has a convenient pick stored in the handle that you can use to part your hair - a clever design feature.

I have thick, frizzy, coarse, curly hair that I've hated most of my life. Using this brush (and other sizes from the collection) have made doing my hair easy and it smooths and straightens my hair while blow-drying to point where I don't need a flat iron. LOVE this brush!!

Seller/Shipping/Packaging: Didn't have interaction with the seller but the shipping was fast and the item was packed well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect brush!, November 4, 2012
J. P. McKay (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I love this brush! I have straight, short, Asian hair - sort of like Victoria Beckham's hair, with the front ends reaching just below my chin and a stacked back. I have always had a weird flip on the right side of my head, where my hair would flip outwards, as opposed to curling inwards. Well, with this brush, I'm able to curl my hair inwards perfectly every time. I also find that by using this brush, along with a new BaByliss Pro BABP6685N Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer hair dryer, my hair just looks sleek. It has always looked healthy, but I would have a lot of flyaways and that weird flip out using my old Conair dryer and hair brush.

My stylist recommended this brush and dimension - I would never have picked such a large barrel myself. So ask your stylist what dimension would work for your hair length, and you will definitely not regret buying this brush. I highly recommend this brush, especially when you consider the great price you can get it for on Amazon (very comparable to buying a similar brush at Target). In terms of shipping, I received this brush well within the expected delivery time frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olivia Garden Nano Thermic Ceramic Ion Brush 3 1/4 Inch Excellent, June 15, 2013
Don't be afraid of the size of this brush. My hair is about 5 inches below my shoulders and slightly wavy. I have a lot of hair. This has but my drying time down to half the time. The brush stays where you put it and doesn't get stuck in my hair. My hair comes out as close to a salon finish as possible. It also comes out with just a slight bend in the bottom of my hair which I love. I will be buying more of these excellent brushes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush, April 18, 2013
James Ivester "Hitgirl" (Port Saint Lucie, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I've used this brush for a very long time. I live that it has the tucked in pick at the bottom that you can turn around and use it at the end of the brush to separate the hair or part it for sectioning off pieces to dry. For those who have complained about the grip, ALL professional brushes of this type are like that. You have to learn HOW to style your hair. If you do it right, the hair won't be near the handle to get caught in it. The hair shouldn't be near the handle anyway. If it is, you're doing something wrong. It takes time, patience, and practice to use a styling brush. As I stated, I've used this brush for many years and my hair does not get snagged or tangled in it. You sections off the hair, then you can either use two hands to curl the hair onto the brush JUST as if you're using a curling iron, OR you can direct your hair dryer to blow air in that direction to assist you in curling the hair under the brush in ONLY the bristle part of the brush avoiding the handle. As you're curling the section of hair you've either grabbed or sectioned off, you keep twirling the brush as you're applying heat. Do that fault close to the brush for about 15 seconds, then remove, then apply gear again, then while you're holing the hair in that curl, mostly at the scalp to give the hair body at the riot for bounce and lift, use the cold-shot to set, if hair is dry, of course. While you're applying the cold-shot, twirl the brush and beginning at the scalp, hold cold air at the brush and pull brush all the way down until the end of that section of hair curling it in desired direction. This takes A LOT of practice, but I assure you, if you have the tight dryer, with good heat, airflow, and a good cold, cold-shot, the right brush, and the right shampoo, conditioner, if any, and styling products, you'll have bouncy, shiny, full, and styled hair that looks just as good as the salon if not better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 25, 2014
This is my fourth Olivia Garden brush. The others died after the rubber handle came off of the brush. I have never gotten the gold ones, always the silver as they were the ones recommended by my stylist. I hate the gold color but I wanted to try something new. This brush is definitely better than my older silver brushes from the same company and I loved them before. So, in other words, this brush is amazing. I did my hair the exact same way and got several compliments at work the day I started using this brush. Just wish it didn't look like it was from 1974.

5.0 out of 5 stars My hair told me to tell you that this brush changed it's life., September 5, 2014
I haven't written a review in like 8 years on here - but recently purchased this brush after I cut my long, fine, wavy'ish hair into a much shorter cut. I don't know about you, but after my adorable pixie of a hairstylist works her magic, my hair always looks like a million bucks - I feel like I could conquer the world! (Or, at least, feel like an amazon Brooklyn chick that is ready to conquer the G train.)

But whenever I go home and try to recreate it - more often than not, I fail miserably and end up with a semi-straight mop of frizz. Not cute. And its not for my lack of trying either - I've watched several 'how-to properly give yourself a professional blow out' on youtube and own several $40 dry bar brushes from Sephora. I'd just resigned myself to the fact that I was hair impaired - UNTIL THIS BRUSH ARRIVED IN THE MAIL. Skeptical, I sectioned my hair out and proceeded to dry it as I've been taught and stared slack-jawed at myself in the mirror when I was finished. Who was this person? Volume, body, smoothness, no frizz (in the dead of AUGUST in NYC, might I add)?!

It turns out, you CAN teach the hair impaired new tricks, when you've got a magic brush like this in your hot little hand. This 'ish looks professional every time. It'll be the best $20 some-odd dollars you've ever spent. DO IT, TO IT LADIES.

2.0 out of 5 stars The bad reviews are true!, September 9, 2013
Mario H. Newman (MELBOURNE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I am SO upset because I really wanted to love this brush. My sytlist used it on me and to be honest, the bristles on the brush are SO good and it makes the hair really smooth.. BUT that rubber handle is unbearable! I have been blow drying my hair for 15 years. I know what I am doing, and I saw pervious reviews of people saying the rubber would snag their hair and I figured well that wont happen to me..but it did!! and I have had other burshes with rubbed handles, none that were as troublesome as this. Then to top it all off, the other bad reviews that said the tip of the brush burns them, werent lying! the tip of the bursh gets SOOO hot (never had a brush that did this) and it will burn your ear, neck, you name it. This brush would have been PERFECT if it hadnt been for those 2 things... I will be returning it unfortunatly..

1.0 out of 5 stars Olivia Garden NanoThermic Ceramic Ion Brush, April 23, 2012
Really really disappointed in this product. I've used it two weeks and looked at the bristles. They are all misshapen. They've MELTED!! Bad design!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing brush, April 18, 2014
I have very long thick, straight, fine hair. I am very tender headed. This brush is amazing. It does not rip my hair out, or pull my hair, or hurt! It feels like it is not even getting the tangles out, but it is! It makes my hair smooth and very shiny when I use it with my blow dryer. I absolutely love it! It is worth every penny!