Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 23, 2009
I recently moved from San Jose to the Birdrock neighborhood of La Jolla. From fast paced high heels to casual flip flops. Trouble is, I have been a Californian for years but never lived close enough to the beach to actually need flip flops.

Well today I went to a surf shop and picked up a pair of these...at almost twice the price here on Amazon. While I regret not finding these online first I absolutely do not regret owning a pair. I walked a ton on sidewalks and along Windansea today and I have no blisters and my legs aren't tired and my feet don't hurt.

The secrets to a good flip flop seem to be a combination of a supportive footbed, a between the toe thingie that doesn't rub that skin raw, and straps that are close enough to keep the sandal on your feet while not being tight enough to cause a blister.

The footbed is flexible but firm enough to keep rocks and bottle caps from bothering your footsies. It is molded like the shape of my foot so all of my foot is supported, rather than squished flat like those floppy shower shoes tend to be.

The materials won't soak up water and they don't stretch out. The straps and footbed have a lifetime warranty (for the lifetime of the soles). Overall I think it would be difficult to find a more comfortable sandal.
review image
11 comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
I suffer with plantar fasciitis and have long searched for flip flops with some kind of support. There just aren't many out there but living in New Orleans where the summer heat can become unbearable, they are a requirement! When I found these and saw that they were actual 'orthotics' I figured I'd give them a try. They were pricey but I read a lot of reviews and decided to take the plunge. I wore them for the first time to the St. Patrick's Day parade this past Saturday. I was a little worried because some reviews said to build up time in them but I wore them any way. I was on my feet for over 5 hours and felt incredible! Normally, in shoes without support like this I'd have been miserable. I do have to say my left foot (up the inside of my ankle) was a little sore later in the day but I've worn them every day since and it seems to be going away. The right foot where I have the plantar fasciitis is FINE. I will probably buy another pair as these will be every day shoes for me this summer for sure! Highly recommend!

*** UPDATE: MY PAIN IS GONE!!!

It's now been almost a month since I purchased these shoes. I have been wearing them almost exclusively except for a few cold days we had recently. My plantar fasciitis pain is gone. GONE! I've suffered with it since last summer and even had a steroid shot in November. My feet haven't felt this good in years. It's that first step out of bed in the morning that is the test and I PASS EVERY DAY! I put my foot down gingerly because I am so used to the pain but it's not there any more!

You wouldn't think it by looking at them but they are supportive and man, what a difference it makes. After wearing other shoes on those cold days, I had a bit of pain again but once back in these it was gone in a day or so. Now, I just pray they can keep up with the wear and tear I plan on giving them this summer! I am going to buy another color to alternate with but let me just say I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE SHOES!!!

*** UPDATE NUMBER TWO:
It's now October and yes, I've been literally wearing these shoes every day (thankfully it's warm here in New Orleans with the exception of a few days a year) and I still love them. NO PAIN AT ALL! It's gone! Afraid to think about 'winter' shoes. Searching Amazon right now for an 'everyday' pair. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
44 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I was suffering from extreme foot pain for several years - planter fasciitis so bad I could bearly walk at all. My feet hurt day and night, walking or sitting, supportive, expensive shoes, inserts, etc, nothing helped! I was in sheer agony!! I saw these sandals at Sports Chalet and thought, wow, they actually have an arch support, let me try this! I slipped them on and Angels in Heaven started singing!! I was walking on little clouds of foot pillows with support in all the right places!! I came home and found them on Amazon for $10 cheaper and bought some, I could hardly wait for them to be delivered! Along with my new OluKai Ohana sandals, I started using KT Tape to wrap my feet as advised on youtube for planter fasciitis. And each day, I could feel my feet singing a happier tone! After 2 months, almost no more foot pain! After 3 months, all foot pain GONE!!! I could now walk again, and I was so excited!! It is now over a year later and I ordering the same Olukai Ohana sandals again, my now 1 year old sandals are still in good condition, but I have walked the padding flat! So excited to get another pair!! I am sold for life on this brand! Quality, fit, long wear, and durability A+ on all!
on August 29, 2012
These flip flops are great for individuals who need arch support. They are stylish and can be thrown in the washer. I love love love them. Worth every cent.
on July 8, 2015
My favorite out of the multiple pairs I tried on. Not as much arch support as I was hoping for initially but they are so comfortable in every other way. The strap is fitted enough so that they stay on your feet and the material is great, no rubbing or blisters. After walking long distances in them I realize the smaller arch support is perfect. Would buy again but it looks as if I won't have to for years.
on April 18, 2016
Great shoes for summer casual wear, and since I don't tend to be a "dress-up person" they work well. The black color goes with lots of clothes and looks good. I put them on after my long walks to cool my feet off after my long walk and also wear them for casual summer wear. They have good arch support for flip flop like sandals and feel good on my feet. They are a little heavier as some people mentioned than some flip flops and since they have no back strap on them this causes them to "flip flop" as I walk some, but are great for wear, even though I have not worn them all day before. I don't think I would wear them on a long walk because I need more supportive shoes for that and I think that the lack of a back strap and their "flopping" would bother me on long walks being an older person. A younger person without any foot problems like aches and pains could probably wear them all day better than myself but for myself I think they would probably work for a moderate walk on the beach although I have not walked in the sand with them yet. The shoe is very smooth and comfortable on the bottom of my feet and does not have that "grainy" feel to your foot like some plastic sandals. Overall, very nice sandal, even though a bit pricey, hopefully will last a long time and be worth the cost.
on August 12, 2015
Best flip flop ever. I have plantar faciitis and it comes and goes depending if I see my dr or not. These were recommended by my dr and they are worth every penny. I've been wearing them for over a year now and they are pretty much the only shoes I wear. They feel so good. So much so that when I wear a different shoe for a few hours and then put these back on I can really feel the arch and the support it provides. I can walk all over the place in these. All day at the zoo walking a lot and standing, my feet still feel good. Only complaint I have is that being a flip flop my toes are unprotected from my kids stepping on them. It's like a magnet. That's what you get for having a 7 and 5 year old.
on September 3, 2009
These are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had. The service was great and I got them in a timely manner.
on May 24, 2016
I have high arches and can only really get away with flip flops for short periods of time b/c of the flat soul on these types of shoes. Olukai have high hard arch support and I can wear them all day every day. When I do wear fashion sandals, always for what turns into too long, I can come home and spend a hour in these to take away the pain.
on August 15, 2015
I own 5 or 6 pair of these sandals in various colors. They are the only ones I can comfortably wear with my Plantar Fascitis. Yes, they are pricey, but they last very well. I haven't had to replace a pair yet and I wear them all day during the summer months. I've tried other brands that claim to have good support but these are, by far, the best. Highly recommended if you have foot issues!