Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 23, 2009
I recently moved from San Jose to the Birdrock neighborhood of La Jolla. From fast paced high heels to casual flip flops. Trouble is, I have been a Californian for years but never lived close enough to the beach to actually need flip flops.

Well today I went to a surf shop and picked up a pair of these...at almost twice the price here on Amazon. While I regret not finding these online first I absolutely do not regret owning a pair. I walked a ton on sidewalks and along Windansea today and I have no blisters and my legs aren't tired and my feet don't hurt.

The secrets to a good flip flop seem to be a combination of a supportive footbed, a between the toe thingie that doesn't rub that skin raw, and straps that are close enough to keep the sandal on your feet while not being tight enough to cause a blister.

The footbed is flexible but firm enough to keep rocks and bottle caps from bothering your footsies. It is molded like the shape of my foot so all of my foot is supported, rather than squished flat like those floppy shower shoes tend to be.

The materials won't soak up water and they don't stretch out. The straps and footbed have a lifetime warranty (for the lifetime of the soles). Overall I think it would be difficult to find a more comfortable sandal.
review image
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
I suffer with plantar fasciitis and have long searched for flip flops with some kind of support. There just aren't many out there but living in New Orleans where the summer heat can become unbearable, they are a requirement! When I found these and saw that they were actual 'orthotics' I figured I'd give them a try. They were pricey but I read a lot of reviews and decided to take the plunge. I wore them for the first time to the St. Patrick's Day parade this past Saturday. I was a little worried because some reviews said to build up time in them but I wore them any way. I was on my feet for over 5 hours and felt incredible! Normally, in shoes without support like this I'd have been miserable. I do have to say my left foot (up the inside of my ankle) was a little sore later in the day but I've worn them every day since and it seems to be going away. The right foot where I have the plantar fasciitis is FINE. I will probably buy another pair as these will be every day shoes for me this summer for sure! Highly recommend!

*** UPDATE: MY PAIN IS GONE!!!

It's now been almost a month since I purchased these shoes. I have been wearing them almost exclusively except for a few cold days we had recently. My plantar fasciitis pain is gone. GONE! I've suffered with it since last summer and even had a steroid shot in November. My feet haven't felt this good in years. It's that first step out of bed in the morning that is the test and I PASS EVERY DAY! I put my foot down gingerly because I am so used to the pain but it's not there any more!

You wouldn't think it by looking at them but they are supportive and man, what a difference it makes. After wearing other shoes on those cold days, I had a bit of pain again but once back in these it was gone in a day or so. Now, I just pray they can keep up with the wear and tear I plan on giving them this summer! I am going to buy another color to alternate with but let me just say I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE SHOES!!!

*** UPDATE NUMBER TWO:
It's now October and yes, I've been literally wearing these shoes every day (thankfully it's warm here in New Orleans with the exception of a few days a year) and I still love them. NO PAIN AT ALL! It's gone! Afraid to think about 'winter' shoes. Searching Amazon right now for an 'everyday' pair. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
44 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I was suffering from extreme foot pain for several years - planter fasciitis so bad I could bearly walk at all. My feet hurt day and night, walking or sitting, supportive, expensive shoes, inserts, etc, nothing helped! I was in sheer agony!! I saw these sandals at Sports Chalet and thought, wow, they actually have an arch support, let me try this! I slipped them on and Angels in Heaven started singing!! I was walking on little clouds of foot pillows with support in all the right places!! I came home and found them on Amazon for $10 cheaper and bought some, I could hardly wait for them to be delivered! Along with my new OluKai Ohana sandals, I started using KT Tape to wrap my feet as advised on youtube for planter fasciitis. And each day, I could feel my feet singing a happier tone! After 2 months, almost no more foot pain! After 3 months, all foot pain GONE!!! I could now walk again, and I was so excited!! It is now over a year later and I ordering the same Olukai Ohana sandals again, my now 1 year old sandals are still in good condition, but I have walked the padding flat! So excited to get another pair!! I am sold for life on this brand! Quality, fit, long wear, and durability A+ on all!
on August 29, 2012
These flip flops are great for individuals who need arch support. They are stylish and can be thrown in the washer. I love love love them. Worth every cent.
on July 8, 2015
My favorite out of the multiple pairs I tried on. Not as much arch support as I was hoping for initially but they are so comfortable in every other way. The strap is fitted enough so that they stay on your feet and the material is great, no rubbing or blisters. After walking long distances in them I realize the smaller arch support is perfect. Would buy again but it looks as if I won't have to for years.
on August 12, 2015
Best flip flop ever. I have plantar faciitis and it comes and goes depending if I see my dr or not. These were recommended by my dr and they are worth every penny. I've been wearing them for over a year now and they are pretty much the only shoes I wear. They feel so good. So much so that when I wear a different shoe for a few hours and then put these back on I can really feel the arch and the support it provides. I can walk all over the place in these. All day at the zoo walking a lot and standing, my feet still feel good. Only complaint I have is that being a flip flop my toes are unprotected from my kids stepping on them. It's like a magnet. That's what you get for having a 7 and 5 year old.
on June 29, 2016
The only reason I had to buy another pair so soon is because my dog ate my other pair. Not only did I love the comfort and style but so did my dog. Growing up in SoCal, I've worn FlipFlops all my life and have tried many. These are by far one of the best, if not the best I have ever owned.
on August 10, 2015
I've always been someone who can't wear flip flops because I need arch support or my feet hurt almost immediately. This year I was going on multiple beach trips and I needed a pair of tolerable flip flops. I did lots of research online and decided to buy a pair of these. I made the right choice and then some! These are far better then tolerable, they're a pleasure to wear.

Made of obviously high quality materials, these have held up magnificently through a summer of abuse. I imagine they'll survive several more summers. The fit is 100% as expected, I usually wear a 6-6.5 in regular shoes. My research indicated a 6 would suffice here and that was correct. I have really wide feet, but these are wide enough that my pinky toe doesn't hang off the side. The arch support makes for a gloriously comfortable fit, even through long walks. There was no breaking-in period of discomfort, they only got more comfy as they moulded a bit to the shape of my feet.

I bought the mica color first, which is a soft metallic gold strap with a coffee-brown sole and those look good with almost every outfit. I loved them so much, I came back and bought the Java color too. I, already eyeing pair 3!

I paid $46 per pair, but I'd have paid double that for such comfortable summer sandals. You absolutely can't go wrong if you need some flip flops!
on September 3, 2009
These are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had. The service was great and I got them in a timely manner.
on May 5, 2015
I bought these for my girlfriend's birthday and a pair of mens "ohana" for myself. My girlfriend can't wear them because the strap that goes between the big toe hurts her too much. I noticed my pair also has that uncomfortable dollar store sandal feel between the big toe. Its a hard thick polyester or plastic fabric that folds in half between your toes (look at the photo in closeup view) and is not soft at all, rather hard and scratchy. There are over 1000 different types of soft durable fabrics they could have used and they pick a hard scratchy uncomfortable one in a sandal they charge $65 bucks for? I figured a company in Hawaii would have mastered the art of sandal making, that is why I paid this amount. Now I have to go buy some kind of soft rubber to coat the strap so she can wear them. Otherwise they look nice ... but looking nice gets zero stars if they can't be worn. Olukai needs to call DuPont and pick a softer fabric for the toe strap if they are going to charge this amount.