5.0 out of 5 stars Needs time to break-in
Published on June 15, 2011 by MN

1.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, poor quality
Published 7 months ago by Gary Felton

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs time to break-in, June 15, 2011
I wear a 10.5 and got an 11 and it fits perfect. I think these run about half a size small. Was a bit tight at first and not so comfortable, but after a week of wearing them, they are absolutely PERFECT! My favorite sandals to date! And that's saying a lot. I have had hundreds before these. I've always been hesitant about buying these, due to them being very expensive. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for those with high arches, August 1, 2013
DCDude "DCDude" (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OluKai 'Ohana Leather Sandal - Men's (Apparel)
In the process of dropping 40 pounds, I've spent a lot of time on my feet at the gym doing the treadmill and elliptical. Increased activity exacerbated foot issues I had previously been unaware of to the point where I had to do something. I typically wear KEEN Men's Newport sandals when not at the gym in the summer. After wearing my Keens this past summer, my feet were KILLING me. While getting sized at a running shoe store for a new pair of running shoes, I stood on a pressure pad to see how my weight falls on my feet--I learned I have extremely high arches. The Olukai Ohanas fixed my arch support problem INSTANTLY. My feet no longer bother me when wearing sandals.

If you've got high arches on your feet, these sandals are fantastic! The sole is very supportive and there is a bed of memory foam underneath the leather, which makes for a very comfy sandal. At the store where I purchased these, I asked what the difference was between the leather and non-leather Ohanas. The salesperson said leather isn't recommended for water, while non-leather Ohanas are waterproof and float in water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sandals I have ever had, July 20, 2013
Roger J. Buffington (Huntington Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I like to wear sandals in the spring, summer, and fall in Southern California, not to mention when we are on vacation in Hawaii. These are the best sandals I have found. Since they are leather, they allow your foot to "breath" and the leather is soft and supple, and pleasing to your foot. Further, these sandals have excellent arch support. My overused feet (years of running, skiing, hiking, etc.) appreciate good arch support and you will get that with these sandals. Finally, these sandals stay on one's feet; no tendency to slip off as is the case with some otherwise good "flip-flop" style sandals.

Break-in: these sandals did not irritate my feet or blister, even with some pretty significant walking. Other leather sandals that I have used and liked had a significant break-in period. At least for me, these were fine from the get-go. I liked these so much, in fact, that I ordered a second pair. By the way, these sandals look terrific. Anywhere that you go where sandals are appropriate, these will make the correct statement.

Update: I have now had these several weeks, and the comfort is even better as they break-in slightly. Count me satisfied. RJB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, September 13, 2012
I was initially hesitant about buying these sandals because of their price.

However, they are extremely comfortable. They are true to fit and even a little wide I have a wide foot and the regular width fit me no problem). They feel great even though it took me a little bit to get used to actual arch support in a sandal.

Honestly, the only reason I don't give them 5 starts is the price. They look very nice and are very well made. You really get what you pay for. If you can find these cheaper, GET THEM.

Edit: Just giving an update almost a year later. I still wear these sandals every day and they have held up to daily abuse and use. They look "broken in" but they are well worth the money. I added back the 5th star because while I first thought they were overpriced I can now see that actually paid a fair amount for a quality product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Olukai, March 29, 2014
I ordered the dark java/dark java after looking at the color in the pictures. The sandals are nothing close to the picture color. They were an orangy brown color, closer to a cinnamon. I recommend ordering a size up. I found some black in color locally and they are super comfortable with good arch support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, poor quality, May 29, 2014
Gary Felton (St.Thomas, VI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OluKai 'Ohana Leather Sandal - Men's (Apparel)
I purchased these flip flops in the Virgin Islands. They were pricy at $94.00, but very comfortable and nice looking. I wear my "flaps" everyday here in the islands (just like many do in Hawaii). It is tropical just like Hawaii and they get wet once in awhile. After only 2 weeks they started to delaminate and fall apart. After 1 month I finally got back to the store that sold them to me. They immediate knew what I was talking about when I said they were delaminating.

I have used Rainbow leather sandals for years in the past. They would last a whole year or more with daily use in a wet environment. All for half the price.

So they give me all this paper work to send them back in. They had it all ready to go which should tell you something. In the paper work it says that they ARE NOT COVERED in the warranty for water damage. I am fairly certain that they started to delaminate because it had been very wet and rainy here. But that is nothing new in the tropics, its a wet place (Hawaii? duh!).

I have never had a product that was this relatively expensive fail so quickly. Oh, and did I mention we found out a friend of ours had bought the same sandal and immediately had the same problem.

If you are going to be wearing these in Arizona, you should be ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome feel and quality, January 16, 2013
I have weird feet, wide and stubby toed. Yeah I know you are laughing now but it is a constant issue for me to find shoes that fit. My favorite pair of sandals came apart and I was trying to find the same manufacturer and style online. I came across the OluKai line and thought I would give them a try. I wasn't too excited by the price but thought if they are as good as they look I would give them a try. The Sandals arrived yesterday and the I was amazed on the quality of construction. Best of all they felt wonderful! These are my new dress sandals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable for all-day wear, August 19, 2012
I've only had these one summer so far, but I wear only wear flip flops from May - October, so they're getting lots of use. These seem to have a stiffer sole than others I've worn, which saves me from catching the tip on small obstructions. Or perhaps I'm just finally learning to walk after five decades. Either way, they're holding up very well, are extremely comfortable and the seller performed admirably. Five stars in every category.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mahalo, Olukai, May 7, 2011
John M. Chamberlain (Gulf Shores, AL USA) - See all my reviews
Second pair, same great flips, maybe even better than the last pair. Love these, will buy again.

jc

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for High Arches, January 15, 2014
This review is from: OluKai 'Ohana Leather Sandal - Men's (Apparel)
My boyfriend has wide feet and extremely high arches. He absolutely refuses to buy shoes online because so many shoes are uncomfortable for him. Usually he tries to buy shoes in wide rather than regular width. Because of that and the fact that we live in southern California he spends most of his free time in flip flops.

I was getting tired of him going through cheap flip flops constantly, and being an avid online shoe shopper I thought I'd do a search to see what was out there. After reading the reviews for the Leather Olukai I ordered it in ginger/ginger size 11 (being that he usually wears a 10.5). That was about a year and a half ago, and he has not had to replace them since!

Not only does he love the comfort of the flip flops, but I appreciate the nice leather look. They are definitely broken in but have really held up well, especially considering how often he wears them pretty much year round. The reason I thought of reviewing them only now is that he just bought a second pair, not because the first ones needed to be replaced, but because he wanted to get a second color (rosin/black - which is green on top and black on the bottom). I have a feeling more colors will be added to the collection soon!

OluKai 'Ohana Leather Sandal - Men's