Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 12, 2014
These are excellent -- they look great, are comfortable (particularly once after "breaking-in" by wearing for a while, and seem to be well made. When I received them, there was a small issue that some of the stitching (nylon? or some synthetic) by the toe band had a small knot that was sticking into between my toes in a very uncomfortable fashion. I took a soldering iron and melted it, flattening it in the process so that it was more flush on the surface; this did the trick so that I did not feel the need to ask for a refund. After that, I've enjoyed them a lot, and I think that they should hold up well for several years. They can dress up with some nice linen pants or down with shorts or a suit for casual, warm weather. It is a shame that they are made in China and not Hawaii, but they do seem to be quite well designed and manufactured apart from the small issue that I had (and may or may not be common).
on June 18, 2015
I owned a pair of Olukai's I bought at REI a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved them. They are great "dress up" sandals for more formal events where you want to go causally. With that said, this replacement pair I bought I am not as thrilled with. They now have a redesigned top-strap that is stiffer, has two metal rivets, and made my feet sore for the first few days I wore them b/c they pressed too hard on the top of my feet. they are fine now, but I can not tell if the leather has become more pliable or my feet just got used to them. Had I tried them on in the store, I would have not bought them b/c of this.

Also - I do no not know if they started using a different leather from a year or two ago, but the sandals themselves are showing wear already and I've only had them a few weeks. My original pair lasted a really long time.

But the final killer for me as a negative is that they are made in China. So in the end, we are paying $120 in this case (or $180 for their latest model) for a sandal that is made for a small amount. I had assumed with the high price, styling, the marketing hype of Hawaii-oriented (or at least Polynesia) and their emphasis on Italian leather, that they would be made in the USA. I will not buy this brand again. Too bad. I *really* liked the first pair I bought.
on April 15, 2014
The beds of these sandals are just incredible, the most comfortable things my feet have ever been in. However the tops are too tight. I don't have abnormally large feet, never had problems with any shoe/sandal/boot before in my life. These are just too constrictive on the top of the foot, the first day I wore them for more than 15 minutes they actually cut into my feet. Really disappointing because they look great and are amazing for the bed of your foot.
on June 18, 2012
These are the only sandals my husband will wear. They are comfortable and add a
Stylish flare. His previous pair are in black and After 3 years still look great.
on November 24, 2015
The leather is a little hard, but they are comfortable. I LOVE this brand as they were made with quality soft leather, but I worry that I may need to search out a new brand in the future.

Order half-size up if your feet are larger.
on June 10, 2013
I wear a size 9 in women's shoes. These sandals fit perfectly. I have multiple pairs and have never been disappointed with the style, quality or durability. They are not inexpensive but, they last for years. I don't mind paying a little more for a great product that I will get years of use and comfort from.
on June 2, 2015
Love these Mea Ola Thong Sandals.....great fit and the most comfortable sandal I have ever worn. I wish that they made a light tan color that would look more dressy but these will work for most occasions and especially everyday wear. You wear these and you won't want to ever wear shoes and socks again.....GREAT!!!
on January 29, 2014
My favorite flip flop is still the Island Slipper classic, but these are really close. The best and the worst thing about them is the fit. Olukai uses a deeply contoured footbed. In my regular size, 12, the footbeds are just a tad short. Go up a size and my foot no longer follows the contour of the footbed. I'd rather have a the footbeds just a little short than walk in pain. The good thing about the fit is the strap length. I have a low volume foot, most flip flops feel like they're going to slide off my foot when I walk. The straps felt very secure from the first moment I put them on and only improved with break-in. I would say these are the most secure feeling flip flops I've ever worn. I just wish they were a little longer, or possibly less contoured in the footbed. If they fit your foot I think you will be very happy, if they don't fit your foot, give the Island Slipper classic a try.
on February 17, 2016
Great arch support compared to other thong sandals. They appear to be well made and more presentable than other men's sandals. The leather thong (vs some other material), and the underside of the straps, both need to break-in a bit though. Don't buy these right before vacation and expect to walk around a lot when you first start wearing them. Otherwise, they are great. Highly recommend and would buy again.
on July 3, 2014
I wear size 10 so originally I ordered a size 10 from another online merchant. Unfortunately they were too small. They had a 25% off sale so you know I was excited. I had to send them back because they run small. They took about a week to get delivered from the other online merchant, two days from Amazon. I got size 11 this time, one word: Perfect!. These sandals are the BOMB!! They are beautiful. I've had them 2 days and haven't wore them outside yet. I'm scared, they're gorgeous. They're like dress up sandals. I'm gonna give 'em a spin this 4th of July weekend. Get off the fence, get 'em. You just may want to get a size larger.