5.0 out of 5 stars big, but easy to carry
Took this for a medical mission and it was easier to carry than some other bags. Would have liked rollers, but that adds a lot of weight to the bag. This was allowed by the airlines, and was packed to 50 pounds.
Published 8 months ago by Soccer Coach

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice duffel - but SMELLY!
Published 17 months ago by Trailblazerb

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice duffel - but SMELLY!, April 10, 2013
I actually ordered two of these to take on a family trip to Florida. We were planing on putting these on the roof of our car in the luggage rack. When the package was opened I could not believe the smell - nearly a stench! It was a strong sweet sickly plastic chemical smell. Understand that I am not one who writes these reviews much, but I feel compelled to writhe this one. When I say it was a strong smell - I mean it - the whole house stunk like these bags in a matter of minutes. Put your face into the bag and it will gag you. Put your clothes in this and they will likely stink too!

I was initially prepared to return these to Amazon but they are pretty nice bags and I actually like them very much. I read a few other reviews (too late) and saw reports on what folks did to remedy this and then I set to work. First I stole some of my teenagers Axe body wash and fixed up a huge batch of hot soapy water, Then I took them into the garage and scrubbed them like they did in the olden days of laundry. Rinsed them again in warm water, and hung them up to drip dry. Now they smelled like a teenage boy in heat that was dipped in some kind of industrial chemical vat! Better, but still not good enough to put any clothes in. Two weeks outside on the porch is what finally did the trick. These things need to be aired out for a very long time!

The bags themselves are well made I believe (the wonders of modern chemistry!), and if it weren't for the stench initially, I would have given them 4-5 stars. They are HUGE - really HUGE bags and easily hold two weeks worth of clothes and supplies. Good hand holds, durable fabrics, and quality zippers. Colors are vibrant and after washing and weathering, still the colors were bold. I don't think they are as waterproof as they are advertised, maybe because of the washing I did, but they did not shed water like I had hoped.

If you buy one of these bags you will be impressed with the quality of the materials and workmanship, but plan on airing them out and scrubbing off the chemical stench. MINIMUM TWO WEEKS OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS TO MAKE THESE USABLE!

My heart goes out to the poor people who work in the factory that produces these bags - I cannot imagine living with this smell all the time! The place that makes these bags likely has a hole in the ozone directly above it.

I hope this helps some of you.

5.0 out of 5 stars big, but easy to carry, December 22, 2013
Soccer Coach (Penrose, CO, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, January 12, 2014
This is the jumbo bag I was missing. It comes wrapped in a small bag so you may carry on when not using. Good built material, not sure if it is water proof but seems to be water resistant. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got if as a photography bag, March 9, 2014
I purchased this bag to carry our back drop stands, lights, tripods, and other misc equipment. I know this is not the intended purpose of the bag but it is super sturdy and has extra space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great big Duffle bag, July 9, 2012
Great sturdy bag. Used it to send my daughter to camp. I felt confident the zipper would hold which was a concern when looking at other bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympia 42 Ince Sports Duffel, January 8, 2014
I received the 2 bags I purchased but according to the picture displayed in the item itself, the pink bag did not come with my purchase.

The bag are great and sturdy. They are well made. They are really big. I should have ordered a smaller size but will keep them.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT DUFFEL BAG, June 15, 2013
Larger than I expected, great thick/durable fabric and design! I bought it as an extra bag for my son to bring back all the extras from camp. Its spacious enough to put an under the bed container. Love it and will buy more of this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big for its Value, November 10, 2011
Kahabi G Isangula (Shinyanga, Tanzania) - See all my reviews
If you are planning to travel and you have many items to carry with you..This is the RIGHT choice. Its 42 inch length, gives you more than enough space you need for your items

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel champion, May 31, 2014
I recently traveled abroad with this bag full of items that included a shower curtain rod, a folding lawn chair, paint roller kit, clothing, canned food, hot water heater, cordless drill among many other items and the quality of the strength of the material held up, no tear, rips etc. Baggage handling is no gentle exercise and this duffel passed the test.

This is great for traveling on outdoor jaunts or camping. I am not sure when, but I will get another one since I had a friend that was very impressed by this one's sturdy built.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for the price!, April 14, 2014
I needed a big bag for my trip back home, in Brazil, since I have all my college stuff to take. I was not disappointed. The bag is really bag, but it has good quality at the same time. Great for long trips, camping etc.

Olympia  42 Inch Sports Duffel