4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic rolling duffel.
I just finished a one-month trip using this bag, and it worked well.

Pros:
Well constructed and nice looking. Easy to pick out on the carousel
Rolls easily.
Cheaper than average for a carry-on bag.
Carry handle on the top end (great for stairs and other places where it cannot be rolled).
Seven pockets in addition to main compartment...
Published 15 months ago by Dog Lover

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, some notable drawbacks
I've had this item for over three years (purchased Jan 2010).

Published 21 months ago by Emmanuel Norris

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, some notable drawbacks, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Olympia Luggage 22" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag (Apparel)
I've had this item for over three years (purchased Jan 2010).

- Others praise the many pockets, but for me they've proved to be more of a hassle. If you use more than a few pockets it is easy to forget which one you placed something in, so finding an item often entails opening and closing many pockets before finding it. Eventually I gave up and started to use just the top pocket and central pockets.

- Item does not stand on its own. I've tried balancing weight on the wheel side, but it still won't stand on its own for long, meaning you can't confidently pack it or leave it standing up.

- Soon after purchase the handle became difficult to close when it is fully extended. It requires a fair amount of force, I have to wind up and hit it with my palm to get it to "unlock" and close.

- Minor thing, but it is very noisy. When I'm traveling in a group others have pointed out the noise the wheels make compared to their luggage.

Since I started traveling more often for work I decided to upgrade to a higher quality bag. But if I didn't travel often then at this price-point I could probably live with these drawbacks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic rolling duffel., November 9, 2013
Dog Lover (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
I just finished a one-month trip using this bag, and it worked well.

Pros:
Well constructed and nice looking. Easy to pick out on the carousel
Rolls easily.
Cheaper than average for a carry-on bag.
Seven pockets in addition to main compartment (also a con).
Fairly light weight for capacity.
Cons:
If full, this bag exceeds most airline guidelines for carry-on. I had to convince a gate person that it could be compressed down to fit into an overhead, as the bag was not full (Why do some people get to carry on enough for a small army?).
Will not stand on end.
I would prefer a couple of large pockets instead of seven small ones. Two large and five small would have been better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted/needed, July 2, 2012
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it STINKS - literally. It has a very weird odor, kind of like tar or some other chemical odor. I put stuff in it to take to work (I'm a caregiver & stay with my client for 3 days/nights at a time)& they came out smelling like the bag. Someone mentioned I should put the bag outside in the sun for several hours - that's what a carpet cleaning guy told her to do when something had a chemical odor to it. I just got home from work & I'm going to try it today. It's going to be in the mid 90's so surely some of the smell will burn off!
Other than that, I love all the pockets & it's very roomy inside. It rolls easily too.
Oh, FYI, it does have a California Prop 65 warning about containing chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, etc. Those are probably the chemicals I'm smelling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect carry-on, October 16, 2012
This bag exceeded my expectations. It is sturdy, roomy, easy to handle and fits perfectly in the plane overhead bin. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rolling duffel bag, June 10, 2013
This bag is well made - fabric is strong, balance is steady when bag is filled and the handle and wheels work perfectly. Rails for the handle do not take up much space in the interior. Outer pockets are well distributed. This 22" bag is light weight and the right size for an airplane overhead compartment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls over.., April 22, 2009
This review is from: Olympia Luggage 22" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag (Apparel)
Great price, good quality fabric, lots of pockets, nice wheels, etc. The only problem this bag had was when I had to stop rolling it and do something/let go of the handle, it would fall over onto it's top. It was very frustrating when I was in lines at the airport or wherever, it would tip over and hit people with the handle I was using to pull it with. My daughters, another brand, did not fall over, ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but inexpensive, August 1, 2011
Short of buying an LLBean duffel bag, it doesn't get much better than this. There is a lot of space inside for pretty much anything. I think it is great for work, as well as travel. Side pockets are quite convenient, just when you need to slip a little something in there. Overall, lots of room, nice compartment, works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars just fits for carry-on, August 22, 2011
This bag fits a lot and is sturdy. If you don't stuff the side zip openings too full, it fits as a carry-on. It looks big, so they challenged it once, but I could fit it in the test box they provide. Wheels work well etc. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag. I dig it. Larger than it looks., February 8, 2015
I travel frequently, I am a shorter (5'4'') jeans and t shirt dude. this is great for "week" trips without lots of clothing. this bag has great pockets all around and is surprisingly large inside. made of scrabble material, comfortable to hold. Has an ID card slot on the rear. got wheels, straps and the telescoping luggage handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for Nursing Student, February 18, 2012
I am a student in a one year LPN program. There are a ton of books to bring to class every day, not to mention, binders, pens, flashcards, a laptop, and whatever else you need for class. This bag is the perfect size for my classes. While all my fellow students are bringing in two to three bags a day, I keep all my stuff in this one bag. I LOVE IT!!

Olympia Luggage 22" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag