Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olympia Luggage 26" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 26, 2009
I bought this bag for a trip to the Galapagos Islands & Machu Picchu. Earlier this year I took it to Costa Rica. Held up on both trips - checked the bag both times. Like all the seperate compartments. I labelled each pocket using duct & sharpie pen so I could find things quickly. The specs say it weighs 5.9lbs. but my scale 'says' it weighs 5lbs...either way, it's lighter than most suitcases. That's important when some overseas airlines limit checked luggage to 33 pounds. I also put a large plastic garbage bag inside before packing so I don't have to worry about things getting wet because of the soft sides. It holds my hiking poles just fine.
on November 5, 2010
Great bag - light, agile, pretty tough, and plenty of storage capability. I am really hard on luggage (throwing a bag in a trunk just does not bring out the 'gentle' in me). But as I pack for my third big trip of the year, I am considering buying another one of these bags - just for backup. For the money, I could buy 3 or 4 of these before I border on the expense of 1 Rick Steeves carrier with the same capacity (not that I don't love Rick Steeves cubes, and not that I wouldn't gladly buy his bags if I could easily afford the investment). I have literally "gone through" every form of luggage from 1-trick ponies to Louis Vuitton and Tumi leather and ... let's face it people ... luggage is just meant to hold stuff. If you want to make a statement, you wouldn't be reading this review, and I wouldn't be able to recommend anything "elegant" with equivalent utility for less that 10x as much. That said, the black bag I have is perfectly "neat" looking, although I must admit that I wish the top and side pockets could hold more 'stuff'... and I was only mildly annoyed when one of my zippers came off the tracks last week with this bag (OK OK I also use it to haul laundry every week now). No problem. I used the *other* zipper grip that was still on the track. See what I mean? Good stuff. I have paid more for discount store "luggage" and even shallow grocery-store totes, so ... I'll keep buying these when I need to move around reliably and haul 'stuff' on wheels.
on August 17, 2012
First thing I noticed was, as many reviewers noted, the handle did not lock. OK, I figure for the price I could live with it.
Then, on my first use, I was zipping it up and the seam of the main compartment zipper failed (I uploaded photos). The bag was not packed tightly at all.
Of course, the first use was beyond the return period. Of course, I have thrown away my original packing slip. Of course, I am pretty much stuck with this.
Don't get stuck.
Pass this one up.
review image review image review image
Unfortunately, this bag is very much a case of "you get what you pay for." I was very surprised that this suitcase was so inexpensive, and I found out the hard way why. It is very poorly made. The seam next to the zipper ripped out on the very first trip I took it on, and the bag was not overpacked. Anyone who has ever sewn anything knows that, even for clothing--which will never get as much rough wear as a suitcase--you need deep seams that are double-reinforced. Not so with this bag. The seams are about 1/8-inch deep, and with no reinforcement at all.

Only if you have money to burn investing in an essentially one-use, disposable suitcase should you consider purchasing this bag.
on October 14, 2012
Item looked nice when it arrived but after 2 uses the zipper broke and the seam ripped. After contacting the company they told me that it was past the 30 day return policy. It had been about 2 months since I purchased it so it wasn't like I had it for a year. Very disappointed they would make a product that broke after using it 2 times then not be willing to try to make it right.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2009
I love my purple rolling duffle. It has SO much room and so many pockets. It holds an incredible amount of stuff. I just wish it had a harder structure to it. Great value for the money on this one.
on March 4, 2011
Bought this bag for my husband. We have gone on several weekend trips. He used his new bag and I used my smaller Eddie Bauer bag (Not a Rolling Bag) I had always thought my bag was big enough to hold everything I took until he started packing his bag. Not so anymore....I had to put some of my stuff in his. He even had his pillow in the bag and still plenty of space for my junk and empty side pockets. I have to carry my pillow. Anyway after several trips and having my belongings scattered between 2 bags, I had enough.....Ordered one for myself but in Classy Red. All my stuff fits plus my pillow. Oh and yes this is a very durable bag!!
on August 21, 2012
This is a really nice bag for the price! I own 3 of these. they've traveled to Russia and back with me a couple times. I took them to Thailand, Sri Lanka and Europe! They hold TONS of stuff, are lightweight and easy to roll & are pretty durable.
on June 23, 2011
We ordered this on a Sunday, received just 4 short days later! The item was in perfect condition, the pull was easy in and out. The size was incredible...wider than we thought it would be. We were going to buy a bigger one (30") but glad we got this one. It will be perfect for the trunk of our car for our trip. (We bought 3 all in different colors-black for dad, purple for mom and hot pink for daughter!) The pockets are big and expand to hold more if you need it, the interior is deep and tall, enough to hold a lot of clothes. The wheels really roll easily even over our think carpet. The material is very strong and durable. The colors very beautiful and vibrant. Very satisfied with purchase! Highly recommend.
on August 21, 2015
This bag will hold a lot of stuff, but apparently will not last long.
I have used it for one 19 day trip and the bottom has worn through.
It seems that there is a weak spot in front of the wheels on the end
of the bag that allows the material to drag on the ground when you
are pulling it on the wheels. This spot has completely worn through
after this one trip. Also the extendable handle does not lock in the
extended position and pushes back in very easily. Pass this one by
and spend a few dollars more.
review image