5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value. Size matters when flying.
Just what I was looking for - a large, one-compartment bag under 62 linear inches. Perfect for flying with bulky camping gear. Plus lots of small pockets for the easy-to-lose stuff.

Published 23 months ago by J. Padykula

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap bag - cheap Construction - Not recommended!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:32 Mins
Published 18 months ago by guiju

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value. Size matters when flying., September 27, 2012
J. Padykula (Bloomingdale, NJ) - See all my reviews

QUALITY: Can't vouch for how it will hold up over the years yet, but the quality (material, zippers, wheels, etc.) is similar to the bag I'm replacing, which held up for several flights over 10+ years. I'm sure the $100+ bags are more heavy-duty, but this one seems great for the money. I expect it to last as long as the old one.

SIZE: There is some discrepancy with the specs on the web. Mine measures 28.5"x14.1"x14.8" on the outside, including the wheels, but not the straps & pockets (I posted a customer images with rulers). That's 57.4 linear inches. Size is important because I want the biggest bag I can get without exceeding the airline's 62" checked bag limit. And since duffels tend to puff out when packed (especially when stuffing the pockets), I feel this bag is the perfect size. Also note: Be careful about the weight too. Large bags like this are easy to exceed the 50 lb airline weight limit, so be careful when packing heavy items. (Note: Weight of empty bag about 6.5 lbs.).

WARRANTY: There is some discrepancy about the warranty too. Amazon doesn't mention it. eBags.com says 10 years. The tag on my bag says 2 years, immediately followed by "Luggage America, Inc. warrants this product from defects in materials and/or workmanship for 5 years". I posted an image of the tag. Good luck figuring that out. Hope I don't need to.

SUMMARY: Very nice bag for the price. Seems well made, but time will tell. I will post updates if I have any problems. I'm sure more expensive bags are better, but I'm giving it 5 stars for value, size, and features.

Hope it helps. See my customer images (Note: customer images seem to be difficult to get to for this product. Click on "See all customer images" underneath the pictures). Appreciate the feedback.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge for the size, but don't expect these to last forever!, June 17, 2013
I get a little bored reading review after review of people bitching about bags that get destroyed during international travel. If you buy a $50 bag, you are getting a $50 bag. Let's be realistic!

That being said, we bought two of these and took them to Europe. 5 flights total and although they are a bit dirty--they are pink, so we expected this and Scotch guarded them, they are in pretty great shape for the abuse I knew they went through. One of the handles malfunctioned after the first flight, but then started working again. These bags are SUPER HUGE, you could fit a body in them--really. Probably best for local travel, but we are pleased!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap bag - cheap Construction - Not recommended!, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Olympia Luggage 29" 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag (Apparel)
Length:: 1:32 Mins

This bag seemed too good to be true. Actually a few people have reported the bag cracking after just a few trips and that is exactely what happened to me. I didn't want to invest into an expensive piece of luggage and this bag seemed to fit the bill so I thought it would be good enough for me, but it cracked (at the sewing on the upper part) while it actually was stationary for a few weeks during one of my travels.
And this was only after a little over 2 months of owning the bag and traveling with it:
- 1 week of car travel
- 1 month of travel where I took the plane 4 times and the bag stayed more or less stationary except for these flights
- 1 month+ of travel where I took the plane once, the bus once and the rest of the time the bag stayed stationary for the whole time.

I thought (hoped) it would last a little longer than that but now I pretty much have to find a new one after not even 3 months of (gentle and careful) use.

The other problem I encountered is that it is slightly smaller in dimensions that what was advertised (limits of airlines checking bags). Another sad discovery for me, who wanted to pack as much as I could

After I wrote all this y bag cracked open completely on one side (see the video), which means it's now unusable and I need to buy a new one, after just 3 months of use (most of which where the bag was stationary).

NOT RECOMMENDED!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag; lots of room., May 26, 2009
The bag worked very well for me in a recent cross-country trip. It holds so much stuff! Convenient handle and extendable handle on the end. The only issue I had is that with the bag full (weighted down) when you tip it up to pull the wheel end can scrap the ground. I have a hole to repair in mine. Other than that it is a great bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality bag, September 3, 2010
This is a good size bag with lots of side pockets, made with what seems like
good quality material although the roller handle bars is a little thinner
than I would like it to be.

I like that this bag is not divided into an upper and lower compartments
like many other roller duffel bag of this size. I find that the lower
compartment of those bags to be inconvenient to use since you have
to flip the upper compartment up side down to get to it.

The price is somewhat higher than I think it should be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made!, May 14, 2012
We bought two for a Costa Rica vacation. One worked fine. It withstood the rigors of airline and bus travel and is ready for another trip. The other bag's main zipper detached from the bag ( inadequate sewing) leaving the contents to spill out. A couple of belts and some duct tape saved the day. Amazon, being the great retailer that they are, made good on the broken bag. - Thanks Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not survive the trip!, December 5, 2012
Was only able to use the bag once. It was torn in several places when I got home - and my trip was a cruise! I will say the company was prompt and polite about issuing a complete refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Duffel Bag, December 11, 2010
This product is much better quality than I thought it would be. I was very impressed when I opened the box. It looks to me to be larger than 13" wide. Since it is canvas, it could easily bulge out wider to accommodate clothing that is put in it. There are 7 other pockets and under a flap is a pull out handle to pull the bag on it's very nice quality wheels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Am happy with the bag., November 30, 2013
I've only used it one trip. I read ratings of others that said handles ripped so I was careful how I handled it. It held a lot, was light to begin with so my 40# allowable weight was not all used in the luggage itself. I am glad I purchased it and did not cARE about long term but it looks like new after 1 usage. Would buy it again most definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy & Roomy, December 29, 2012
T. Cincotta (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This rolling duffel bag is a well made, roomy travel bag. It has lots of pockets, & the zippers look like they'll hold up well. It's also great because the wheels & telescopic handle allow you to pack this bag as heavy as you want without having to haul it over your shoulder. It's not streamlined, so if that's important to you, then consider something else, but if you want a bag that can handle a considerable load, this is a great purchase. I found it to be a good value as well, since many other similarly priced bags were much more expensive.

Rate and Discover Movies