5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tote!
Published on March 19, 2010 by Alice

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Pack tote is better
Published on October 9, 2011 by Dr. Trish

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tote!, March 19, 2010
Alice (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympia Luggage Rolling Shopper Tote (Apparel)
This is a great tote - it holds a huge amount of stuff, including heavy items, with no problem. It rolls smoothly and I love the fact that it has a retracting handle versus pulling it by the straps. The straps, by the way, are long enough that I am able to carry it over my shoulder to the store and then wheel it back when full. It's lightweight but seems very sturdy, and the soft material makes it easy to store flat in the car. I like it so much, I bought another so I can have one at home and one at work. It's a real back-saver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for light shopping, September 30, 2009
Amazon Customer "linden" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my elderly mother to make it easier for her to bring groceries back from a mile or so away. It is perfect for that purpose. The frame is sufficiently stiff to make it easy to pull behind but not so heavyweight that this feels like luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it every day of the week, October 21, 2010
I use this Olympia Rolling Shopper every day of the week. It carries all of my aerobics classes paraphernalia, my water bottle, my umbrella, my mat, etc., etc. Makes my life so much simpler. It is just the right size to fit into the trunk of my car, and is very easy to lift in and out. The rollers work great on all kinds of surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much nicer than luggage, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Olympia Luggage Rolling Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I am a frequent traveler. I fly once or twice a week from May to October, then a twice a month during the winter months. I carry a 17" laptop, and a small purse on every flight. I usually check a bag (frequent flyer bonus) so I don't have to mess with it on the plane. I don't use a wheeled laptop case, they are too heavy, bulky, and cumbersome. Plus, I don't like to have to valet it if I have a connecting flight to make, since that can take extra time, so I carry a very small, shoulder bag for my laptop that fits under my seat. I explain all this so you will understand why I like this bag.

This bag weighs no more than 4 lbs. It is made of canvas, and has an extending handle for wheeling. The handle pops up tall enough to be comfortable no matter your height. It does not look like "an old-lady bag" which was important to me. I wanted something I could slip my 17" laptop into, as well as my purse. They get heavy if I have to walk far to catch a connection. With this bag I can slip those two items in easily and wheel them around, then at the gate, the bag just pops on my shoulder and I can carry it on. If the plane is TOO small, and they suggest I valet it, I just take my items out, and flatten the bag, and ask if I can just take it on like that. It works great.

The wheels are durable and sturdy. I prefer the inline skate type wheels and this bag has them. There is a small, flat pocket on the back side of the bag where I can put my travel paperwork, and not have to fish for it. The fabric handles are long enough for this case to easily be thrown over my shoulder.

I have a giant laptop, and was worried this bag might not be wide enough, but it is far larger than I hoped, almost a little too large (I wish it were just an inch or two shorter actually), but I would not trade it for any wheeled briefcase. I have used those and dislike them. They don't fit under the seat, and they are heavy to lift overhead.

I plan on buying one more of these bags in another color and sharing with my daughter. This is by far the simplest and most useful piece of luggage I own - and SO affordable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Pack tote is better, October 9, 2011
Dr. Trish (Southern CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympia Luggage Rolling Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I was looking for a replacement for my old Western Pack tote that I use for hauling around course materials for my classes and purchased this item. My old one was 10+ years old and the wheels finally broke, but the bag was still intact. (I use wheeled totes as they're easier to get in and out of the car than the square plastic rolling crates.) I was disappointed in the size and lightweight handle on the Olympia. Ii has either a mesh or solid pouch on the front, (depending it seems, on the color), which has a small velco clusure (pocket style) or no closure (mesh style). The top zips, which is good. My main complaint, other than the size, is the flimsy handle. I have since found the Western Pack tote for a little more money and ordered one of those instead. Too bad, I liked the different colors in this model--easier to see which bag I need for which course I'm teaching!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lightweight cart, June 14, 2011
This review is from: Olympia Luggage Rolling Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I bought this cart to carry my music, music stand, music stool, and other paraphernalia from one music playing site to another. I wanted something with an extending handle but taller than a rolling backpack, and this fits the bill very well, besides being lighter and cheaper. The handle extends far enough that it is quite comfortable for someone near six feet tall to use without the bag bumping your heels. I expect it to be reasonably rain proof.

The overall height from floor to the fully extended handle is forty inches. (The handle is not fully extended in the illustration.) There is a ten by twelve inch pouch on the front that closes with a velcro tab. There is a net pouch on one side that is ten inches deep. The main bag closes across the top with a zipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls easily, good weight distribution, helpful handles, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Olympia Luggage Rolling Shopper Tote (Apparel)
Rolls easily. Good weight distribution due to slight incline that places items in the bag into a cradle. Use the large handles to hold on your shoulder when the bag is empty.

Does the job and doesn't look like a shopping cart.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, easily broken., April 13, 2012
T. Davis (toronto, ontario) - See all my reviews
I have been a full-time pedestrian for the last 10 years or so, and therefore have had a number of rolling shopping carts for groceries and other errands. I have bought everything from $5 Chinatown deals to the Olympia product shown here, and I can honestly say this is the worst cart I've ever had the misfortune to own. It broke the first time I used it - the handles just pulled completely out of the cart so that I had to drag the basket home the rest of the way. The construction is extremely poorly designed, with plastic washers that hold everything together (or don't, in my case). After several tries at fixing this product, I finally drilled holes into the metal rods of the handle and bolted them together, and that seems to work. This product is a complete waste of money, and I am embarrassed that I bought it because I consider myself a savvy Amazon shopper!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plane carry on, March 30, 2013
Several friends have recently gone through the agony of lost and never found luggage. I was about to go on vacation and bought this rolling tote so I could bring some clothes with me on the plane. It is bigger than I expected, it rolls easily, and it is not heavy. Fit perfectly overhead. A VERY good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolling Shopper as gym bag, December 19, 2010
M Lott (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Olympia Rolling Shopper Tote in black to use as my gym bag. I had back surgery last year and carrying my gym bag became unbearable. The all black tote (finally one w/o white stitching) is light even when I have nothing in it. This is great because others I've looked at have heavy wheel systems that add even more weight. There are no interior pockets for make-up and toiletries but I've made it work with small bags. There is plenty of room for my workout gear, boots and uniform. I may buy another to use for work to carry my supplies, planner, lunch, etc. I'm extremely glad I purchased this tote and have recommended it to others.

ARRAY(0x9c4af5a0)