4.0 out of 5 stars great shopping bag

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Pack tote is better
Published on October 9, 2011 by Dr. Trish

4.0 out of 5 stars great shopping bag, March 18, 2010
This review is from: Olympia Rolling Printed Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I recently bought this bag as a replacement for an older rolling bag that was worn out. I used it last weekend at a very large trade show. Catalogs and samples get heavy very quickly. This bag rolls very well and will hold lots of stuff. My only complaint is the handle is non locking so you can't push the bag. This is a pull bag only, it is a bit harder to maneuver than my old one which as a push or pull handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE OLYMPIA TOTE IS A WINNER, November 10, 2010
I'm an active grandmother. I shop on foot and use public transportation. I've been looking for a cart that will allow me to buy more when I'm out shopping without the burden of carrying heavy grocery bags. I wanted an alternative to those metal "granny" carts (squeaking wheels and too big). THIS IS IT...goes where you want it to go with ease (empty or full), holds a lot, does not tip over, recessed wheels, recessed handle that is easy to get to, handle long enough, sturdy zippers, exterior pocket, waterproof, 10 year guarantee. I keep my recycled bags in the exterior pocket, have the checker fill my groceries into the recycle bags and put them into the rolling tote. I like the big polka dots. If you're driving, the cart collapses and stores in the car trunk. This Olympia tote exceeded my expectations. I'm delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light rolling shopping bag, April 21, 2011
M. Tomaschoff (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a bag that I could take with me on the train, because Costco is 5 minutes from the station, and I am trying not to drive my car. Also, figured I couldn't buy that much if I didn't bring my truck. The first time I went to Costco on the train, I bought a ton of stuff and carried it back to the train, then caught the bus, and by the time I got home my arms were numb. So I needed something light but fairly sturdy with wheels. This seemed to fit the bill, plus it was cute.

I looked all over the internet, and Amazon had the best price, so I ordered one. It has a really nice zippered top if you want to use it, and it also has cloth handles to pick it up if you don't need to roll it. The handles are well made. A nice mesh pocket on the outside could hold shopping lists or coupons, or other small light things. Another reviewer pointed out that the extended handle doesn't really lock, so if you go to push it instead of pull it, it kind of goes back down. That turned out to be true, so the solution is just don't push it...simple fix!

I took it to Costco, and loaded it up. It rolled nicely, and was a heck of a lot easier than schlepping stuff in a regular bag. Keep in mind that this is a light duty bag, and it probably would wear out fairly quickly if you were to drag it all over the place, but for going to the store, and taking stuff home, it does well. The bag didn't fall forward when it was loaded up, the little legs in front held pretty good. I have had other bags where the front legs just collapsed and everything fell forward. This one doesn't. Yay. I take it downtown now, or anywhere else I anticipate buying something that is too heavy to carry home. Like Barnes and Noble. It'll hold a ton of books.

I went to T.J. Max, and the first thing I saw when I walked in was a whole rack of these bags, and they had them in plaid, too. They were only $12.00. I couldn't believe it. So I bought another one in a different color because I figured that eventually I will wear the first one out, and I really like the bag, so I'd be upset if they weren't available when I need another one. Plus, with TJ Max, it is always "here today, gone tomorrow." So now I have two.

My only complaint is that it seemed to be a little dirty when it arrived, both inside and out. I don't know if it was a customer return or what, but it had some marks on the inside, and it was a little scuffed on the outside. Pretty sure that isn't the norm, and it wasn't that big a deal, but I thought I'd point it out. The one I got at TJ Max was spotless, so it's not a manufacturing flaw. Stuff happens..

All in all, I love this bag, and I would recommend it to anyone who needs something lightweight but not cheesy thin. This bag is lined, and will not tear easily. Sturdy canvas on the outside, so you can put sharp boxes, or like items, in it with no problem. It doesn't fold up into one of those eeny weeny paper thin bags you see online, so the picture is exactly what it will look like all the time. I forgot to say that if you don't want to use the telescoping handle, you just push it down, and there is a zipper that closes it into the bag so you can't see it or catch anything on it. Nice feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it!, August 24, 2010
I am a school teacher who has to 'travel' around my campus to service all the children I teach... I LOVE my rolling cart... I had a different brand cart last year and this one is made so much stronger and the wheels allow me to roll forward or backward...the zippers are strong and there is PLENTY of storage inside... Awesome packaging and shipping!!! Thumbs UP!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome rolling tote!, February 11, 2011
This review is from: Olympia Rolling Printed Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I've been looking for a durable, inexpensive, rolling option to hold all of my course books, folders and binders to lug around campus, and I found it in this bag!

the material and zippers are strong, stitching well done and wheels and handle seem up to the task. I love how the base is made of thick plastic, so the bag itself does not touch the ground- important in winter and spring weather here in Maine!

though not noted in the description, I believe the material is water resistant- bonus!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain Reliever, March 2, 2012
For over 6 months, I was having pain in my shoulders and my arms. Not knowing what was causing it, I went and replaced my pillows, added a mattress topper and even changed my mattress. But no matter what I did, the pain was still there. I went to the doctors and they could not find anything. Finally it hit me! As I was walking from my car to work, I went to pick up my pocket book and my book bag and noticed that the pain was sharp when I did that. And sure enough, I realized that the pain was from carrying all that heavy stuff. So I went online to find a rolling cart, and came across this one on Amazon. I read all of the reviews and found that this one had the best reviews. I've been using it now for about 2 months and thank GOD the pain has reduced. I still have a little pain, but that's cause I lift other stuff. LOL!! I truly recommend this cart for anyone who is carrying little or big stuff. The wheels are great, and the material the bag is made of is very strong and waterproof! I am very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Pack tote is better, October 9, 2011
Dr. Trish (Southern CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympia Rolling Printed Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I was looking for a replacement for my old Western Pack tote that I use for hauling around course materials for my classes and purchased this item. My old one was 10+ years old and the wheels finally broke, but the bag was still intact. (I use wheeled totes as they're easier to get in and out of the car than the square plastic rolling crates.) I was disappointed in the size and lightweight handle on the Olympia. It has either a mesh or solid pouch on the front, (depending it seems, on the color), which has a small velco clusure. The top zips, which is good. My main complaint, other than the size, is the flimsy handle. I have since found the Western Pack tote for a little more money and ordered one of those instead. Too bad, I liked the different colors in this model--easier to see which bag I need for which course I'm teaching!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for a musician., July 23, 2010
This review is from: Olympia Rolling Printed Shopper Tote (Apparel)
I bought this bag to hold my clarinet case, heavy notebook of band music plus odds and ends like tuner, water, et. It is spacious, sturdy and attractive. I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful item, good price., August 28, 2009
Kaleidocherry (Seattle Eastside) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We recently went on vacation and ended up buying a new bag to use as a carryon for the return trip (because we bought a lot of stuff). Upon returning home I looked for a value-priced wheeled thing to use in future and this met my criteria. We can put our outgoing (non-wheeled) carryon inside this, so that we only have one carryon to deal with; and on the return trip, fill this bag with new purchases and carry the non-wheeled item with us. At this price it's a good deal and it feels pretty sturdy. It's also floppy enough that the sides can be squished down to make it fit in the security scanners if necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy, functional & sturdy, February 23, 2011
M. Bond (United States) - See all my reviews
This rolling tote is just what I was looking for - a roomy wheeled bag to get all my stuff from the parking lot to my office without being weighed down by 4 separate bags. The handle is nice & long so no bending down to pull it along. The fabric is heavy and the outside pockets will be helpful too.

Olympia Rolling Printed Shopper Tote