5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly in My Old Camera
Published on December 22, 2010 by Tiger

2.0 out of 5 stars Great delivery, but unsure if card works.
Published on January 8, 2011 by freeticket

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly in My Old Camera, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
Worked perfectly for my old Fujifilm camera from 2001. I swapped out my old 128MB card for this 2GB card and could take tons of pictures on my vacation at the 3M setting and never came close to filling it. I did not notice any speed improvement when taking pictures. The biggest factor in speed for me is the battery quality. Switching from cheap batteries to Kodak KudAA4 Ultra Digital Alkaline AA Batteries - 4 Pack made a huge difference, especially when flash turned on due to power drain characteristics between pictures to charge up for flash again. So all that I saw was dramatically increased capacity (16X) which worked without a problem. I couldn't be more thrilled.

Definitely go to the Olympus website or your camera's website and check picture card compatibility. The manual for my camera was out of date and only listed a max of 256MB and said nothing about these newer "M" and "M+" card types. But a quick check on the Fujifilm website linked me to an Olympus compatibility site which listed a large table of camera models and support. Some cameras require a firmware update to support more. My old camera was listed as supporting xD M+ up to 2GB without a firmware update when some newer models than mine needed an update to go beyond 1GB. It seems most support up to 1GB without a problem, and 1/2 support 2GB without an update, another 1/2 (minus a few) up to 2GB with a firmware update, and a few didn't support it. Bottom line, check the online chart for compatibility first. If it lists your model number and doesn't say anything about needing a firmware update, you should be fine.

This is an excellent value and works perfectly (check your camera compatibility online, not the outdated manual). I can't imagine any reason not to buy the max your camera supports if the price is very reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mb/Cost Ratio For Less Than $14, June 7, 2010
Dakota Duce (Tampa Bay Gulf Coast Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
Even though Wikipedia said the "xD" picture card is officially obsolete as of 2010, there are still many thousands and thousands of "Olympus and FujiFilm" cameras that these memory cards can be used in.

We recently upgraded from our 7 year old FujiFilm FinePix A340 to a Canon PowerShot A3100IS because of the smaller factory installed 64Mb memory card.. and the limited number of pictures/movie length (along with having NO sound capabilities with the A340), that was limited on the A340.

Instead of throwing our old FujiFilm camera away, I decided to use it as our bumming around/backup unit.. and as such, upgraded the camera's "firmware" to allow the use of the larger/faster "xD M+" card memory.

"Read/Write" speeds increased from the old 64Mb "M" memory of 1.3/5.. to that of the replaced "M+" memory of 3.75/6. Picture capacity and movie length increased from 33 pictures and less than 60 seconds of movies to that now being available of 4,264 pictures.. and a much longer movie time!

That's right. Picture capabilities increased a additional 4,231 shots.. all for less than a "$14 Dollar" bill. Now how can you beat that!?

P.S. So the question is.. "Why did we purchase a new Canon when all of the above was done for less than $14.00?" What can I say? As a camera nut, what's one more to the several that we already own? (wink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of space for little price, August 18, 2010
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
I bought this a few months ago and the space is amazing.
Some people who ordered didn't do their research to see if the card was compatible with their cameras. So is not the cards fault.
THe card works great and is fast.
Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You!, June 8, 2012
This is just the memory card that I was looking for to use in my camera. Great price and fast delivery! Thank you for offering this product that is not the easiest to find in retail stores.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great delivery, but unsure if card works., January 8, 2011
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
I received great delivery on the 2 GB card; however, when I gave the card to my wife for Christmas (to have more storage space on her camera) and she placed it into her camera some weird things started happening (i.e. orange light constantly blinking, camera wouldn't shut-off, etc.). Basically, we couldn't take any pictures with that 2 GB card in the camera. After further investigating the problem, we found out the camera can only hold up to 512 MB memory. We then placed our other (old) cards in the camera and the camera worked perfectly fine and with no issues. So, now I have this 2 GB card and I have nothing to use it with. That is kinda frustrating. I don't fault the seller, but perhaps a warning of checking your camera storage card capabilities may be a good idea (i.e. 512 BM max). That may of saved me some money in purchasing this item that I am really not able to verify if it works or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars memory card, July 5, 2012
ordered for my olympus camera, worked just as i expected it to be. Price was great and product arrrived when expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars xD Picture Card (M Plus 2GB incompatibility, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
For camera Olympus C-5500 , Here is what you have to know that I could read on Olympus side:If purchasing the M 2GB Plus xD Picture Card for use with the C-50 digital cameras, please note that you will first need to upgrade the C-50 firmware, however, this upgrade is no longer available.
The movie mode on the C-770 Ultra Zoom will not function with this card. However, all other shooting modes will be unaffected. For Movie mode support only use the H-type xD card. Unfortunately these cards are now difficult to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent back-up card, December 31, 2010
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
I have an Olympus E-620. It conveniently has 2 memeory card slots. The CF (compact flash) is mainly used for work related images. It is easy to switch between memory cards when required. I use the XD card for non-work related images such as home/family, outdoor scenery, wildlife, etc. It can hold hundreds of pictures (600+) and is great for taking lots of photos on long weekend trips with the family. Speed is top notch when taking multiple pictures in sequence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as designed, price wasn't too bad., November 30, 2010
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
Works as designed in my SP-550uz. Was able to take more than 15 seconds of video during a test, so it appears to be fast enough to allow video to full capacity. Out of the 5 items I ordered day before Thanksgiving, this is the only one that shipped black friday. That's appreciated as some other items have finally shipped almost a week later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item for the Price, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB (Personal Computers)
You can fit 1,500 pictures on it without deleting any. Just have extra batteries for your camera. I just love it.

Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB