Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olympus xD-Picture Card M+ 2 GB
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon December 22, 2010
Worked perfectly for my old Fujifilm camera from 2001. I swapped out my old 128MB card for this 2GB card and could take tons of pictures on my vacation at the 3M setting and never came close to filling it. I did not notice any speed improvement when taking pictures. The biggest factor in speed for me is the battery quality. Switching from cheap batteries to Kodak KudAA4 Ultra Digital Alkaline AA Batteries - 4 Pack made a huge difference, especially when flash turned on due to power drain characteristics between pictures to charge up for flash again. So all that I saw was dramatically increased capacity (16X) which worked without a problem. I couldn't be more thrilled.

Definitely go to the Olympus website or your camera's website and check picture card compatibility. The manual for my camera was out of date and only listed a max of 256MB and said nothing about these newer "M" and "M+" card types. But a quick check on the Fujifilm website linked me to an Olympus compatibility site which listed a large table of camera models and support. Some cameras require a firmware update to support more. My old camera was listed as supporting xD M+ up to 2GB without a firmware update when some newer models than mine needed an update to go beyond 1GB. It seems most support up to 1GB without a problem, and 1/2 support 2GB without an update, another 1/2 (minus a few) up to 2GB with a firmware update, and a few didn't support it. Bottom line, check the online chart for compatibility first. If it lists your model number and doesn't say anything about needing a firmware update, you should be fine.

This is an excellent value and works perfectly (check your camera compatibility online, not the outdated manual). I can't imagine any reason not to buy the max your camera supports if the price is very reasonable.
77 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2010
Even though Wikipedia said the "xD" picture card is officially obsolete as of 2010, there are still many thousands and thousands of "Olympus and FujiFilm" cameras that these memory cards can be used in.

We recently upgraded from our 7 year old FujiFilm FinePix A340 to a Canon PowerShot A3100IS because of the smaller factory installed 64Mb memory card.. and the limited number of pictures/movie length (along with having NO sound capabilities with the A340), that was limited on the A340.

Instead of throwing our old FujiFilm camera away, I decided to use it as our bumming around/backup unit.. and as such, upgraded the camera's "firmware" to allow the use of the larger/faster "xD M+" card memory.

"Read/Write" speeds increased from the old 64Mb "M" memory of 1.3/5.. to that of the replaced "M+" memory of 3.75/6. Picture capacity and movie length increased from 33 pictures and less than 60 seconds of movies to that now being available of 4,264 pictures.. and a much longer movie time!

That's right. Picture capabilities increased a additional 4,231 shots.. all for less than a "$14 Dollar" bill. Now how can you beat that!?

P.S. So the question is.. "Why did we purchase a new Canon when all of the above was done for less than $14.00?" What can I say? As a camera nut, what's one more to the several that we already own? (wink)
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2010
I bought this a few months ago and the space is amazing.
Some people who ordered didn't do their research to see if the card was compatible with their cameras. So is not the cards fault.
THe card works great and is fast.
Great product
on June 8, 2012
This is just the memory card that I was looking for to use in my camera. Great price and fast delivery! Thank you for offering this product that is not the easiest to find in retail stores.
on January 8, 2011
I received great delivery on the 2 GB card; however, when I gave the card to my wife for Christmas (to have more storage space on her camera) and she placed it into her camera some weird things started happening (i.e. orange light constantly blinking, camera wouldn't shut-off, etc.). Basically, we couldn't take any pictures with that 2 GB card in the camera. After further investigating the problem, we found out the camera can only hold up to 512 MB memory. We then placed our other (old) cards in the camera and the camera worked perfectly fine and with no issues. So, now I have this 2 GB card and I have nothing to use it with. That is kinda frustrating. I don't fault the seller, but perhaps a warning of checking your camera storage card capabilities may be a good idea (i.e. 512 BM max). That may of saved me some money in purchasing this item that I am really not able to verify if it works or not.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2016
Small GB card, but it works with my old (never thought that 9 years was that old) Olympus camera. While the manual says to use up to a 1 GB card, the 2GB card works just fine; the camera recognizes the card and shows approx. how many pictures it will hold. With the 2GB working, I decided to tryd a 16BG card but the camera recognized it, but would only record 8 pictures with it, so returned it and got this 2nd card. Happy with the purchase!
on January 30, 2016
For some reason xD picture card are not as popular as the SD cards but I have an Olympus camera. These are just what I wanted. They arrived on time and fit perfectly in my camera. They will be getting lots of use in the near future since my wife and I will be cruising to the southern Caribbean soon.
on January 26, 2016
It fits my camera and will take tons of pictures. I wasn't sure it would fit my Olympus C765 but I found a chart. My old card just doesn't hold as many pics. This will be great for the vacation I am going on this spring. The camera is old but still takes wonderful pics so I am glad to find cards for it.
on January 26, 2015
We do a lot of photography at the office and have two camera's that use these. We have been using these 2 GB card for 10 years and they fill up every six months. (We take over 100 photos a day.) I always was able to get these at a nearby Staples. Then a few years ago no one carried them. We have excellent cameras and they do not need replacement. I found these on Amazon and was relieved. The price is right and the product has never let us down.
on January 16, 2014
Although I would think that this Flash Memory Card is fine, I never could try it out on my Olympus camera as it will not format. In the question/answer section in the presentation of this Card, it was indicated that this card would work with any Olympus camera. It doesn't. My camera is not a 2012 model but it is a very nice camera with many features; however, although this Card fit into the camera it refused to format and load. I would assume that the Card may be too large (capacity) for my camera but I honestly do not know. Please check with the company before purchase. I would like to add that the Card was returned without question and handled in a very professional manner. Hats off to good customer service!