Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 21, 2009
Why doesn't every camera come with a strap like this? Actually, my original Canon S80 did, but, sadly, we don't see this style very prevalent amongst today's cameras. In fact, if you do some checking, you might find, as I did, that this is one of the ONLY handstraps for a point and shoot camera that contains the all important slider piece which allows you to tighten the strap onto your wrist so that the strap (and the camera) doesn't slide off your hand at the first moment you aren't paying attention.

Once you use a design like this, you'll scratch your head in incredulity as to why it is not "standard issue" for all wrist straps. The problem with the wrist strap, of course, is that it slides off your hand almost as easily as it slides on, with the potential result being a dropped camera. With the inclusion of the 1 cent slider on the strap, you are able to slide the strap on and then more securely affix the strap to your wrist, making for a better shooting experience and a great deal more measure of security.

Grab one or two of these while they are still available. Why four stars instead of five? Well, because (and I'm being picky here) the strap is not flat (it uses a standard round rope-style format). The flat style is a bit more comfortable over the long term, and hence, the deduction of one star. However, the ability to secure strap to your hand with the slider is a much more important factor. Highly recommended.
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2011
I got this to replace the standard wrist strap that came with my Canon S95. The S95 came with a nice enough flat strap, but it didn't come with a slide that lets you tighten the strap to fit your wrist - that's a big help to keep the camera slipping off your wrist at an inopportune moment. Also, the S95 standard strap was susceptible to velcro which immediately started to tease out fibers and unravel it.

This strap fixes both deficiencies - a nice adjustable slider, and a reasonble tough shoelace-style cord. Docked it one star for "value" because as good as this is, I just don't understand how it should cost more than a couple of dollars.
on September 14, 2009
Why every camera doesn't come with a wrist strap like this is beyond me. Recently I was in Amsterdam taking pictures down staircases with my sister's camera. She had a wrist strap like this one and when I got my camera, I almost felt like I couldn't use it till I got a wrist strap that would tighten and stay on me!
on December 16, 2015
This is my favorite wrist strap. I have ordered at least a half dozen of these over the years. Not one of them has ever broken.
They are strong and sturdy but the fabric is soft and comfortable. I use them for my cameras and my cell phone. They have a cinch feature on the strap that is the most important feature on any wrist strap (in my opinion). It's important because without it the gap between your wrist and the strap can be so wide that the strap can slide or fall right off. To me, a cinch feature is essential - but the key is a good one that stays in place, and this one does. Any time I get a new camera and it comes with a wrist strap they feel awful (hard, scratchy, stiff, uncomfortable, and/or cheap and insecure). I immediately use this olympus strap to replace whatever free strap came with the camera.
on January 3, 2012
I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix LX5 and found this item recommended in one of the reviews for the camera. This is a really well designed strap! Very comfortable rounded strap and the slider is easy to adjust into position; stays put once fixed it into place. Simple black looks great with the camera. Oh, and if it may seem from the picture that the slider and plastic bracket *appear* to be lighter than the wrist strap I can confirm that they are in fact also black.

This design impressed me so much that even with it barely just out of the box I already ordered a second one for my cell phone. Seems sturdy enough but I will update if any issues with wear develop over time.
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2010
Several people here didn't like the Canon S90 wrist strap with no way to secure it. I'm one of them. Canon probably saved a good ten cents per camera by leaving out that part! I hope that particular bean counter ends up looking for another job.

This Olympus strap does exactly what it should. It has a slider that keeps the camera on your wrist even if you let go. Period. It's black, so it matches my camera. It says "Olympus" on it, which is a little weird tied to a Canon camera, but oh well.

I like it. It makes me feel *much* more relaxed using and carrying my camera. It is well worth the few bucks.
on January 18, 2012
Good brand, good quality and good price..

I like the camera straps to be a little thicker around the wrist for a better grip for one and two it doesn't feel like its digging into your skin like a heavy grocery bag. Of course this is my opinion and someone else might not mind the width at all..:)

The other thing that i definitely need to mention which i think realy is the worst feature about this strap is that the adjustable plastic clip does not click/lock at a specific place you want it so it still really does not serve its purpose because you can easily just move your wrist a few times and it will slide off.
on July 8, 2016
My son keeps dropping his Nintendo DS, so I purchased this to prevent the damage.
It works good.
The reason why I wouldn't rate 5 stars is that it was not very easy to making it through into the hole, the tip of this strap was not firm enough to making it through the hole without some tool.
on January 25, 2016
I don't know what the deal is where they are doing away with adjustable straps on P&S cameras but stop it! This strap is awesome, especially if you like the adjustable feature and the string is small enough to thread through a tight opening like the one on our Sony.
on November 15, 2015
The standard little wrist strap for a camera. Small, lightweight, compact, does the job and then tucks away and doesn't take up space. There's a slider to make it fit around your wrist. It fits easily in my camera case.