5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Olympus TG-1 iHs camera very well
Published 18 months ago by L. J. Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but...
This works well in providing a bit of extra protection from impact and a lot of extra protection from scratches, but the skin must be removed each time the camera has been exposed to moisture to allow for proper drying and then reinstalled again. The skin also makes mounting the camera to a tripod a challenge, which just means another reason to have to remove it again.
Published 14 months ago by Long Island Dad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Olympus TG-1 iHs camera very well, March 15, 2013
This review is from: Olympus CSCH-108 Silicone Jacket for TG-1 and TG-2 Camera (Clear) (Electronics)
We buy a silicone "skin" for all our underwater cameras. Using this, plus the flotation wrist strap when snorkeling, swimming, sea kayaking, or diving (within camera's limits) is a perfect combo. This skin helps maintain a grip on the camera when your hands have been underwater for hours. You do need to know your camera's controls and locations, as this is NOT see-through. And don't forget to remove it, rinse it and also clean your camera per manufacturer's directions after any "watersports" use. The minerals in even fresh water, can damage the cosmetics of your camera if not cleaned off. Our older camera got pitting in the metal, because someone put it away "as is" after a Cancun trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many cut outs, June 22, 2013
This is a very nice case, and I would definitely recommend one to add a little protection to a camera that by it's very nature will be abused. The fit is nice, as you'd expect for an OEM product however I really fail to see why there are cut outs for the two access doors (battery compartment and charging door).

You wouldn't want to leave the camera in this case permanently as it holds moisture and grit against the camera body, causing more damage than you'd prevent by having it in the case in the first place, thus it'll be removed frequently (or in my case only put on when I'm going to get it wet, or take it somewhere rough). So the two cut outs just make it more likely that you'll knock, damage, or introduce foreign matter into the door areas.

It looses a star for this rather serious weakness (which I hope Olympus will address in a future model), but I'd still recommend one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a glove!!!, October 23, 2012
The fit is perfect, the color is as pictured (not great in my opinion but not bad either). It'll definitely prevent scratches and help make your camera a bit tougher. The package arrived about 10 days before the earliest delivery estimate range - straight from Hong Kong with a signature required from USPS. I'm very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Item!, May 13, 2014
Darrin Nogales "darrin_n" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a must have item to help keep your camera from getting scratched. I would buy this again without thinking about it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olypus CSCH-108 silicone jacket, April 8, 2014
Got this to help protect my Olympus TH-2 The jacket fits well and adds some grip to the camera all the buttons are abled to be used with the cover and looks to protect the camera well.

5.0 out of 5 stars This simple addition is great., February 18, 2014
My favorite thing about this silicone jacket is its "stickiness." I am a fisherman so use this camera on a boat. Being able to set this on the fiberglass console and not worry about it sliding around is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for TG-1 or TG-2, January 29, 2014
I'm the type of people who likes to keep all of my electronics looking pristine like the day I bought them. That figures to be a little tough for a camera that is meant to battle the elements like the Olympus TG-1 or TG-2. After buying my new camera, I slipped the cover on and tested is out snorkeling and climbing waterfalls. The camera was knocked around quite a bit and bounced off a few rocks but there wasn't a scratch to be found on the body. The case fits like a glove and after taking it on a few time to rinse the camera, it has yet to show any signs of stretching. You can also access the memory card and power slot easily with the cover on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, January 23, 2014
K. Robson (rochester NY USA) - See all my reviews
As you would expect it fits tightly around the TG-2 camera without interfering. The camera by design is supposed to be tough already - this just makes me feel better. Makes it a little harder to slip in and out of pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and protects, January 10, 2014
The jacket is easy to put on or take off. I think it will provide protection from scratches and a little bit of extra cushion if it falls (a bit, not a lot). People complained that it doesn't cover the battery door, but I don't mind - it allows me to take the battery out without removing the jacket. I don't think the battery door needs extra protection as it is recessed once the jacket is on. Others complained that the jacket needs to be removed when the camera gets wet so it can dry. It's not that hard to take off, so again, not an issue for me.

If I was designing it I would have added extra cushion to the corners in case of a fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adjust perfectly, January 1, 2014
It adjust perfectly to the camera frame, is thicker than other silicon covers I had, given greater protection. I recommend this item

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›