5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, fits both EPL-1 and EPL-2 cameras
It is very compact, which is why I like it.

I bought two of these bags - one for office, and one for myself, and I am using them for both EPL-1 and EPL-2 cameras.

Published on November 23, 2012 by S. Ignjatovic

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag but a tight fit
Published on February 20, 2011 by Richard G. Witham

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag but a tight fit, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Olympus Casual Premium Canvas Case for Pen Camera - Black (Electronics)
This is a nice, well made camera bag. I like the belt loop &/or shoulder strap option and the extra pockets. However, it's a tight fit with the 14-42mm lens attached to the camera. In fact, I had to remove the circular polarizer from the end of the lens in order to get the camera in the bag. That's inconvenient because I normally keep at least one filter on the lens all the time. It seems like Olympus could have added an extra 1/4 inch to the thickness of the bag without much trouble. The front pocket would also be better placed on the flap rather than on the front surface of the bag. It's meant to hold an extra battery, or something of that size, but if you put anything in that pocket it makes the main compartment even tighter.
I wouldn't recommend this bag if you're planning to carry the Pen around with anything other than the flat pancake lens - it's simply too tight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, fits both EPL-1 and EPL-2 cameras, November 23, 2012
It is very compact, which is why I like it.

To people who claim that this bag is very tight for their PEN cameras: since lens is positioned closer to one end of the camera, make sure that that end is always closer to the lid, and you will never again say that the camera bag is tight!

5.0 out of 5 stars TIGHT but works with E-PL5 and 14-42, April 17, 2013
Sandstone (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
After reading the comments, I knew this would be a tight fit for an E-PL5 w/ 14-42 lens. Also, I think the newer 14-42 lens may be a little longer than the original one.

Anyway, with a bit of trepidation (but not too much, given the low cost of the item), ordered it.

Yes, I can scrunch the camera, lens (with UV filter!) into bag. The trick, as another reviewer said, is to put the camera in with the lens side on the "up" side. And, with a little scrunching, and having the camera sit at an angle, it works. The camera in this configuration doesn't even reach to the bottom of the bag, leaving a little basement area where I store the small accessory flash.

Some may not like this tightness... but, for me, I wanted a minimal size case, and so I personally like it.

Regarding the case itself, I think for a ~$7 case it's very nice. Especially like that it has both a zippered closure for when you want better protection, and a quick-release flap, which can be used independently. Also option of neck strap vs belt, and a front compartment big enough for an extra battery.

Is it tight? YES! But if you're willing to accept that and want "small" it is workable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small for E-P3, February 6, 2012
I wanted something small but nice to protect my Olympus E-P3. So I ordered this "Premium" case. First, it is not premium in materials, design or appearance. It looks and feels inexpensive. In fairness, it is inexpensive! Second, it is not made of canvas. It is ballistic nylon and similar to fabric used on soft side suitcases or guitar gig bags. My E-P3 and 17mm pancake fit with a little room to spare. Mount a petite zoom and no cigar. Moreover, forget about leaving the VF-2 (EVF) or even VF-1 mounted. That was the deal breaker for me. If you want a budget case and use a pancake lens and no viewfinder, this is a good product. If you want something nice looking with room to leave the VF-2 and/or zoom mounted, look elsewhere. My E-P3 now lives in a Crumpler 3 Million Dollar Home Camera Bag for DSLR Camera with Zoom, Black/Gunmetal. It cost 4 times more but the camera with zoom and VF-2 fit perfectly, there is room for another lens, my iPhone, a few nicknacks and it looks and feels premium.

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit Olympus Pen EPL-1 with 14-42mm lens, December 31, 2012
I should have read the reviews before buying this. I absolutely could not fit my Olympus Pen EPL-1 with the 14-42mm lens. I thought I was doing it the wrong way until I read another review here that says the same thing. Putting your camera inside a case should not involve any form of struggle, this was just the wrong fit. It should not come up in the search results for "Olympus pen EPL-1 camera case". The material also looks and feels cheap, you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony RX-1 fits perfectly, April 13, 2013
I bought it for the Sony RX-1 camera. It fits perfectly if you don't install an EVF and a lens hood. It says "canvas" but I think it is nylon with canvas texture. Smaller compartment is good for spare batteries, and there is another tiny pocket under the lid good for spare memory cards. The price is great.

Don't have any comment regarding how well an Olympus camera fits.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag E-PM2, February 8, 2013
Got this bag for my new E-PM2, fits nice with the 14-42 lens and cap. There also small pockets where you can put flash cards and probably also a extra battery, price is also very good. This is not my ideal type of bag, a small description what I would expect from a small (1 lens) Pen bag:

My ideal bag would be one like the leather ones but made of tissue like this one, where the lens could sit face down, so will be more natural to take off or put in the camera, also faster. One or two extra pockets for battery and memory card would be nice.
One thing that would be nice was to have only one strap attached to camera, that also supports the bag while is covering the camera, having two long ones like now is to many... probably I will buy a wrist strap and put the shoulder strap on the bag.

BR

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Small for Olympus E-PL2, October 4, 2012
G. Lockwood (Helena, MT United States) - See all my reviews
I recently bought a new Micro 4/3 Olympus E-PL2 with the zoom kit lense and based upon the description bought this small bag to have a handy way to carry the camera around. I wanted small and compact but the camera is so tight that it is a wrestling match to get the camera in and out of the bag. The price for the bag and accessories was great and Cameta Camera has been goodf to deal with but I am sending it back. TOO SMALL!

Also the zipper on the small inside pocket broke the first time I pulled on the zipper. Keep looking if you have anything other than a very small lense on your 4/3 camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a bag, January 10, 2013
It's a bag. It holds something and has a strap, so all it really has to do is not explode and it gets my vote.

Zippers...it has some, and they zip up real nice like. The camera I bought it for fits inside. The strap is of adequate length and is good for hanging on a shoulder or a door knob or whatever you feel the need to hang it on.

It is constructed of the finest of cordura money can buy. Ok, so maybe it's average cordura, how the heck should I know.

Bottom line: I bought it along with the camera as Christmas present so my wife would have a sack to drop the expensive digital device into until she decides to buy a bigger, better bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the E-PL1 wonderfully, cheap, and compact. Ideal!, October 1, 2014
treehouse (Columbia, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I saw this OEM canvas case and was put off by some of the reviews that claimed it was a tight fit for the E-PL series cameras. Hours were spent searching for the smallest possible, yet reasonably protective case, and those hours were WASTED. This is perfect for the E-PL1; the camera fits in the case wonderfully with the 14-42mm kit lens attached, and I also keep an additional filter in the mesh pocket above the camera. The case closes with no special effort, and the camera does not have to be forced in. As others have mentioned, the body is asymmetrical, and you need only put the camera into the case in the correct direction (there are only TWO options!).

For me, at least, this is the perfect case. If you're looking for the smallest possible high-quality case for your Olympus Pen, don't waste any more of your time; this is what you want. Oh yeah, and it's CHEAP (I paid about US $7).