5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera
This is a good middle of the road camera at the 8 mega pixel level, and I enjoy using it. I would buy it all over again. The pictures are clear. Low light issues can be corrected in the editing mode on your PC. It's compact and lightweight, so I can keep it in my front pants pocket. Go on, buy it!
Published on April 27, 2009 by D. R. WATKINS Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars so bad its driving me crazy!!
This without doubt is the WORST camera I've ever owned! A friend lost my Sony Cybershot camera which was a good little camera, so I went shopping and thought I'd try this one as I used to own and Olympus Trip which was amazing many years ago.

Published on December 14, 2008 by S. Blanshard

1.0 out of 5 stars so bad its driving me crazy!!, December 14, 2008
This review is from: Olympus FE-330 Blue 8.0 MP Digital Camera w/ 5x Optical Zoom, Image Stabilization (Electronics)

What a MISTAKE!! it never focus's unless its abolsoutely perfect conditions (shich it never is), if its displaying the red focus box on the screen (which is always) the pictures are fuzzy, the zoom sucks, the lighting and flash are terrible, and with over 400 pics so far taken with this thing not ONE has been up to the standard of the Sony.

I've dumped it and moved back to the Sony. Terrible Terrible camera!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, April 5, 2009
JoK (Galveston, TX) - See all my reviews
Got this as a gift. Would not have purchased it myself but thought it would be great since it was small and a 5X zoom.

The 2-complaints I have is that I cannot get clear pics from it. Almost all images are not well focussed unless you are close up. The other is that it is hard to hold. If you are looking for a one handed camera this one is not for you

But the price is right and the 5X zoom is a plus. I'm still trying to figure out if the fuzzy pics are the camera or operator error.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, April 27, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price.., March 11, 2009
Picked this little gem up new for 40% off to replace an older Olympus. I've used Olympus since I've had digital cameras so I have a history with them. This is not a bad product for the price. I was able to plug and play right out of the box. It has a rechargeable battery, charger, USB cables and a lanyard - more then I got with my last Olympus and better pictures to boot! For just about half the price too. I'm no camera freak or pro, but I have no issues with it - digital cameras these days are all pretty good so I guess it pretty much depends on what you choose to purchase. The blue anodized case is a nice touch and it's less then 1" thick with good build quality. If you can pick one up on sale, snap it up...

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Camera for Amateurs/Casual Photographers, February 4, 2014
I received this camera as a Christmas present 6 years ago; it's been a solid companion through my college and post-college years. It's held up incredibly well, especially considering it was made in 2008.

Sure it's not the fanciest or most feature-packed point and shoot camera available today, but I think it's a good camera for recreational/family users or the amateur who wants to learn the basics of digital photography.

The only complaint I have is really just a wish for an additional feature: AF (auto-focus) tracking. A few other reviewers have noted that this camera takes fuzzy pictures unless the conditions are perfect. While that's not quite true, the lack of AF tracking does mean you need two things to take sharp photos: a steady hand and a still subject. Here are some tips for taking sharply focused photos with this camera:

- Make sure you've got a Focus Lock before you shoot (you'll know you have it if the AF target lights on the LCD are green)
- If you don't have the steadiest hands, use the Digital Image Stabilization shooting mode (the waving hand on the mode dial)
- Check to see if one of the 11 Scene modes fits the situation you're shooting in (e.g. Sport mode for subjects in motion)

Overall, I'd recommend this camera to anyone looking for a good, basic point-and-shoot model at a very affordable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product great price!!!, July 16, 2009
This is the best camera I ever had so far!!! it does work much better than any sony same category I have it for a over a year and after I purchased this camera I've tryed a few others from friends same camera diferent brand and I know my camera is best!!!