Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on January 4, 2012
I want to start off saying that I like the case a lot, especially for the price I paid and I feel that for my purposes it will work exactly as expected.

I haven't yet tested the floating/buoyancy of the case but it feels like it can float the weight of the camera. I will update on that later.

I saw in the picture that the side of the case does not come up to the top of the camera but I didn't really think too much about it until I actually got my camera into the case. I received an Olympus TG-310 (waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, freezeproof etc.) for the holidays and immediately went on to their website to see about floating cases and this is the exact case they recommend for my camera. When I put the camera in the case the side barely makes it to the middle of the camera. The clasp is a long bead that is held on to one end by a thin bungee string. The clasp secures by putting a looped bungee string around the bead. The case, when closed with the camera inside, does not feel like it will hold the camera that well during a very bumpy hike/bike ride but I may be wrong. I tested the hold manually and was able to pull my camera out of the side with it closed. Thankfully my camera is "rugged" and the case comes with a strap to tie to the camera so even if it does slip out it won't go far.

I think aside from the floating capability, having that strap to attach to the camera is the best feature offered. Again I want to say I like this case. I probably would still have bought it even if I read a review similar to mine and I would recommend this case.

As it happens I bought the case and the matching floating wrist strap. I saw a review saying the straps to attach the camera to the wrist strap and the case are not interchangeable. That is completely FALSE. I have tested it and cannot tell the difference between them and I am able to leave one side attached to the camera while snapping it in to either the case or the wrist strap.
on June 23, 2012
I love my Olympus TG-820. Took it to Mexico and was extremely pleased with both the video and still shots, the overall build and feel of the camera, the bright screen, etc. I also used it for a river hike/swim adventure and it worked perfectly - above and under water.
Now, on to the case. Since I thought a good floatation case would be a great idea, I researched all the comments on Amazon and even checked out the info on the Olympus site which lists this case as the one for the TG-820. The price was great on Amazon and their service is always wonderful. How could I go wrong, right?
In spite of the naysayer reviews, I thought, how bad could it really be? Well, the negative reviews are the accurate ones. This case does only one thing well - it floats. That's it.
Here's what I hate about this case:
1. It's way too short for the camera. I could live with the fact it's also a bit of a tight fit, but it's so short that it leaves about an inch or more of the camera completely exposed and unprotected.Plus, I wouldn't trust the camera to not fall out if the top was not securely latched shut.
2. The toggle closure is difficult to open with two hands, much worse with only one - like when you're doing all the things you want to do with a "tough" camera. Would have been much better with a velcro or simple snap closure.
3. The tiny loop on the back is pretty much useless - you can't put a belt or strap (think backpack, life vest, etc.) through it, so whatever you hook it to, the camera is just going to dangle from it.
4. It's just plain ugly. The orange color and texture of the material look cheap.
How could Olympus design such a flawed product?
Under no circumstance could I recommend this camera case.
on July 28, 2012
Unfortunately I assumed since the description reads "Fits Olympus Waterproof cameras" that it would fit all Olympus waterproof cameras. I purchased this case at the same time I purchased my Olympus TG-1iHS and I was most disappointed when the case was extremely small in comparison to the camera. Waste of money!
on April 21, 2011
I bought this case for my Olympus Tough 8010. The case is too short for the camera. It needs to be about 1" longer.

The Olympus website recommends this accessory for the 8010, so I figured it would fit OK, but it doesn't.
on May 24, 2010
This is what it says above, a case for your waterproof camera. It is great for protecting the camera from scratches while sliding around the bottom of your canoe or boat but it is not practical for swimming with. for that you need the float STRAP. and the clasp that attaches each float to the camera are different so you cannot just snap one off and put on the other.
on January 30, 2013
Bought this for my Olympus Stylus Tough 8010, it is perfect for when I am sitting on the boat waiting to go into the water and you are afraid of dropping the camera in the water after a little bump, its a bright color so you can find it in your bag as well.
on August 23, 2011
This float case for our Olympus Stylus is AWESOME. Its great to have a camera that has the capabilities to go underwater, be virtually weather resistant along with shock resistant but even with a wrist strap, this camera is slightly heavy and if you're not holding on to it, it could end up at the bottom of the pool, river, lake or ocean. This case is the PERFECT solution!! (There's also a floating wrist strap but it is a little bulky)
on October 9, 2013
This pouch does a good job and is easily seen making it impossible to lose or misplace. I do like the little clip that allows you to keep an attachment on your camera for easy attachment as well as unsnapping it. My only suggestion is to make the material a bit more rugged to endure time and circumstances in which you'd use this. The material could easily fray if it got rubbed up against a rock. Other than that, it's a good item. If the material was hardier, I would have rated it 5 stars.
on February 19, 2012
This case is almost really nice. The toggle is ridiculous. If you want to be able to get the camera in and out of the case quickly, you will need both hands and dexterous fingers. So if you're out in the snow, that means taking off both gloves, if you're kayaking, it means setting down your paddle, it means if you're rock climbing you have to just forget about taking pictures.

Also, the case only comes up 3/4 of the way on the sides of the camera, and if you attach the lanyard, there's only one way the camera will go into the case, which means the power button is exposed. Twice in an hour while holding the camera in my hand I managed to accidentally turn it on.

Besides these two issues, the padding is awesome, and the flotation is excellent. If the toggle were a buckle, and the sides taller, it'd be a great case.
on August 14, 2013
Does its job in the most basic way. I had hoped it would double as case and flotation device while in the water, and it does -- barely; but its awkward in the water, and not much of a case for the camera. Will be replacing it for a better case and a floating arm band.

Also, my Olympus TG-630 has been turned on by accident on a few occasions, which will really limit the battery capacity. Doesn't matter how I load it in the case, a little pressure in just the right spot will turn the camera on. (I guess the camera deserves some responsibility, but this is the Olympus case. I kind of expect the camera and case would work together properly).