Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 27, 2014
I LOVE my Olympus OM-D E-M1. I love the Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens. I'm looking forward to getting more Olympus lenses in the future.

The 40-150 lens is not a pro lens and the best I can say is that I "like" it. But I emphatically do NOT like having to buy a lens hood for it separately. What is wrong with Olympus? Charge a dollar more for the lens and include a lens. Panasonic, Sigma, heck even ROKINON manage to include hoods (and often carrying bags) with their lenses. Why on earth doesn't Olympus?

Rated the hood 5 stars because, well, it does its job satisfactorily. My complaint isn't with the hood. It's with the fact that I had to waste time buying this separately.
on August 15, 2012
My original Olympus lens hood had become scratched and unsightly. It also would not fit the lens snugly any longer. This lens hood is identical and worked perfectly. Be aware that the lens hood does not have an "ADORAMA" logo on it as is shown in the photo on Amazon.com -- at least mine did not.
on January 14, 2013
This hood fits the 40-150, although slightly loosely. Unlike the Olympus hood for the 12-50, it will fit reversed over the lens and that makes it much easier to pack with the lens. This hood feels somewhat flexible and cheap, but it seems to work fine. The inside of the hood is lined with small matte black concentric ridges, which help to absorb stray light.
on October 30, 2014
Fits tight. Decent plastic. Ive tried a few 3rd party hoods in the past and its always hit or miss on the fitting. The recent price drop for this hood is nice because previously when it was going for $25 dollars you think they would use black felt inside the hood instead of the plastic ridges they decided to use, but it works decent enough.

I do agree lens companies should start just including these items with the original lens as it wouldn't cost much of anything. These plastic hoods are not expensive to make. Just seems greedy to me, though I understand many photographers do not use lens shades (even though they should)
on July 6, 2016
This item came in black, as ordered and the printing on the outside was crisp with no smudges whatsoever. It does fit on the lens for which it is designed, and I have been unable to detect any pinholes so it does appear to be 100% functional for its stated purpose.

At its purchase price of over $18, I have to think that this item may be a Collectors Item, as a normal lens hood (it seems to me) would have been included with the lens itself or sold for a reasonable price--maybe $10 or so. This being the case I am going to try and acquire more of these lens hoods, looking forward to the day when my Collection's value will enable me to buy that island in the Caribbean I have been thinking about.
on November 10, 2014
Like it, but it should have come with the lens Olympus! I just bought a Nikon D810 and two lenses, both lenses came with a nice velvety case and a lens hood. Take a hint Olympus, users have been telling you this for years!
on August 12, 2012
Like many others, I think Olympus is really cheap to not include the lens shade with the lens. Then their brand name shades are ridiculously priced. This one works just fine and the price is reasonable. I see no reason not to buy it.
on February 6, 2013
I don't how much you can rave about a piece of aluminum. The fit is perfect and it secures nicely to the 40-150 4/3 lens. I am always leery of knock-off products so to me, its worth a couple of extra bucks for OEM equipment. Adorama has great support and fast shipping so its a worthy buy overall.
on August 4, 2014
A solid hood that works very well for blocking out glare. I never go anywhere without it! It fits well and is easy to snap on and off quickly. I definitely recommend getting this hood for your lens of you take lots of photos outside, especially events.
on July 3, 2014
It's a lens hood for goodness sake! What are you supposed to say? It fits great, It blocks the sun?? It better!
Actually it's not priced too bad for an OEM item so .... it's a fair deal. And guess what? It fits the lens great and blocks
the suns rays!! Woo Hoo!!!