Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on October 25, 2012
On sale with a 4g sd card and under a lincoln bill, this appears to be a great deal. But I did want the belt loop and I can't close the front with the lens cover on, so you will probably need to leave the lens cover off. I don't like cleaning lenses on my camera and keep them tidy and clean with the lens cover. I don't think I'm going to be leaving it exposed in the case. All in all a lame purchase.
on October 4, 2012
I purchased this Camera case for my Optymus XZ and I got it delivered to my door today, you just can't beat the price of this case.
The case is nice, I doubt it's genuine leather but it looks like the real deal.
Though my only little complaint is that it does not have a belt loop as it is described here, it was one of the reasons I bought it also besides the price tag.
The only reason why I'm giving it 4 stars.

If you really don't care about the belt loop this is a great case!!
on October 25, 2012
It is not clear from the description, but this is the official retail Olympus 202528 leather case (sold elsewhere on Amazon for $24) PLUS a Toshiba Class 4 4GB SDCard. At the current price of less than $5 you would be nuts not to pick one up for your XZ-1.

It is a tight custom fit for the camera, and looks to be made of good quality leather with decent workmanship.

As the other reviewer states, no belt strap. I was hoping the top flap would unsnap to let you operate the camera with the bottom half case. Not so. You do need to remove the camera to operate it.

HOWEVER, 5 stars because it is a nice protective custom case and a very very good value.
on October 29, 2012
Just bought this with my new XZ-1. Great deal at under $5. Thanks to previous reviews, I knew that it did not have a belt loop, so that wasn't a disappointment for me. The case is high quality. Very snug fit, but I had no problem closing it with the lens cap on like the other reviewer. It is tight, but I suspect as it wears it will become easier to close. It did come with a decent 4GB Toshiba SDHC card. It might be nicer if it had a small pocket for an extra SD card or battery, but that would add bulk. As it is, this is a nice compact walk around case. One thing to note, with the neck strap on the camera, it is a little crazy because you end up with two straps hanging out. You could probably get away with just using the camera neck strap and taking the case strap off, but you would then have to pocket the case when in use. The other alternative is to get a wrist strap for the camera. I suspect that solution will work better.
on October 28, 2012
this case fits the Olympus XZ-1 10 MP Digital Camera with f1.8 Lens and 3-inch OLED Monitor (White) just fine, though it is a snug fit. it's as if one has to forego using the lens cap and just put the camera straight in the case. i'm not going to remove the cover as i fear scratching the lens. i am hoping that with time it will stretch out. this is exactly high quality leather but it has the look, feel and smell. and it's great that a 4gb sd card came with it- the price alone is worth it.

i wish it was the kind of case that the cover would snap off, yet the base could stay on the camera while you use it so there's at least some protection.

though it does say in the product description, this case has no belt loop feature whatsoever. this may be a dealbreaker for some.

the other feature i wish it had was the option of removing the shoulder strap and using the one that came with the camera. the strap that came with the camera sits in the box as it would be redundant to carry two shoulder straps. someone had made the suggestion on another forum to use a nintendo wii strap on the camera- we'll see about that. overall, i would recommend this case, especially since it's harder to find cases that are made for this camera without having to resort to using a suitcase.
on October 26, 2012
I think it is a great deal that sailing with 4GB TOSHIBA SDHC card. Just this one:

I can bear that it doesn't contain the belt loop although it described that. BUT the front of the cover is so difficult to close when the camera is putting inside since it is too tight for the case. I think this is most undesirable factors for this product.

I also buy a Olympus LC-63A Lens Cap for XZ-1 Digital Camera: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087DIEGE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

As this auto lens cap is a little more thick than the original one, I think it cannot close the front of the case at all.

I give a four star because the price is really nice!
on November 8, 2012
I bought this for my camera and am disappointed enough that it has been replaced. It does not have the advertised belt loops, bad. It has a neck strap to the case and requires removing the neck strap on the camera, bad. It does not attach to the camera at all, bad. Therefore you have a case that holds your camera with gravity and eliminates any security against it falling. Sorry, save your money.
on December 26, 2012
quality of this case is good but not designed very well.

tight and bulky, no belt strap. not very convenient for a compact camera. if you need a case just for protection this one should be good enough.
on December 17, 2012
It was made too tie to close the case, need to use 2 hands and hard work to to it. Overall it is a nice case to protect the camera from scratching when putting is in a hand bag. Not sure how long the button used to close the case would last.
VINE VOICEon November 7, 2012
I was really surprised when I received this case with a bonus 4 Gb memory card. If I'd known that was included, I probably wouldn't have ordered an 8 Gb card.

The camera fits in the case snugly, making this case ideal for storing the camera in. As others have said, there is no belt loop. In addition, the camera must be fully removed from the case to actually use the screen or any of the rear controls. These two facts make the case less ideal to actually carry the camera around while it's in use.

The case will accommodate the XZ-1 with a lens cap, including the separately available Olympus "auto-open" lens cap, although it's a tight fit. I'm fairly sure it won't accommodate the XZ-2, which has a revised front grip.

If you didn't find this review helpful, please tell me how I can improve it.