Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 questions
vote
Hi Susan, the tilting screen allows you to take photos overhead or down low or angles where it would be difficult to look through the vewifinder. it is helpful for me for taking pet photos and at concerts among other places. hope this helps. i love my OM-D-E-M5, just an amazing camera.
Mar 27, 2014 by Judith Taylor
votes
Out of the free offers the wireless flash is far the most useful, I think; it can trigger the default flash (the one comes with the camera) so you can take on some pretty elaborate macro etc shots.
Apr 3, 2012 by Levente Szileszky
votes
Sue, if you plan to stick to one system, you will want to buy the Olympus. The in-body stabilization allows it to work with any m4/3 lens, and the Olympus and Panasonic lenses are terrific. Buy the 45mm lens - open the aperture and begin taking pro quality portraits after a short time. Also, the Panasonic 20mm can't be beat for quality and size (though the Oly 17mm is great too, and smaller) and if you want the best zoom, get the 14-150mm Oly for the perfect travel set-up (which provides your wide-angle spectrum). Even a pro could get by with the 20mm, the 45mm, and the 14-150 (and you could always add the 12mm Oly later if you save your pennies!). The E-M5 will never be obsolete. Initial reviews and image samples allow it to challenge flagship, full-size competitors in many situations. I currently own the E-P3 and chose it over the Sony because of the huge gap in lens quality - and I don't regret it for a minute. The E-M5 is just a better all-around choice than any other small system.
Apr 3, 2012 by M. Dorsey
votes
I replaced my Canon 60d and smaller Sony A55 with an Olympus E-P3. I've owned several intro/mid-level dSLRs, and I would say the E-P3 was my favorite camera of all time. My pictures were amazing, it was fast, and best of all was that it was truly portable - perfect for my hiking trips. Were you mainly using the camera in auto mode? I always used it in manual, so can't really tell you how good or bad the camera did in 'A' mode - but in manual mode it was nearly perfect. The lenses you use may also play a role. My favorite lens of all time had been (maybe still is) the Canon 24-70mm lens, and I thought I would never find something that worked just as well, but I came across the Panasonic 14-140mm lens, which is super amazing, and became my favorite and main lens for the E-P3. The lack of viewfinder was never an issue for me, since I used the VF-2 view finder by Olympus. Sure, I was never happy using the E-P3 without the viewfinder, so I kept it on most of the time. I did sell the E-P3 on Ebay soon after the OM-D was announced. I figured that if the E-P3 had become my favorite camera of all time, getting the OM-D would be a no brainer since the specs are better than the E-P3 and it included a built in viewfinder. I have used an NEX-5 (first gen) in the past, and I must say I hated that camera due to how hard it made to shoot in 'M' mode; however, Sony released the NEX-7, a nearly perfect camera targeted towards potential dSLR owners. Deciding between the NEX-7 and the OM-D is a challenge, and they each have their pluses and negatives; however, those looking to replace a dSLR for some trips, shouldn't consider anything other than the OM-D(m4/3) or NEX-7(e-mount) for the time being; although, I bet Panasonic has something in the works to compete with Sony and Olympus.
Apr 12, 2012 by iMe
votes
The body and kit lenses can come in both colors. Mine personally is a silver body with the black 12-50mm kit lens.
Mar 19, 2013 by Adam G.
votes
The kit lens is a weather sealed 12-50mm with macro capabilities. Due to the crop factor the lens effectively becomes a 24-100mm equivalent for a standard 35mm sensor.
Mar 10, 2013 by JAYSIND
votes
Hi Elizabeth.... One of the things I like most about this camera is that it is very easy to change settings. For me, the menus are very intuitive and that would include the menu for turning off the focus beep. When you go into the settings menu, go to "D" and scroll to the last screen of D and you will find the sound on focusing setting. Set to "off" and you are good to go.
Jun 27, 2013 by LWM
votes
It's not going to drop in price at all within 2-6 months. Look at other similar cameras, the NEX-7 for example, it hasn't dropped in price. The E-P3 also took a while to drop $100 on Amazon, and has not dropped in price at most local retail stores. In fact, many people are willing to pay more than the retail value for the OM-D right now, especially the silver model.
May 8, 2012 by iMe
votes
I figured out how to get Zoomed IS with a Manual Lens. Menu -> Detailed camera options [Gear Menu] -> D -> LV Close Up Mode = mode2 Along with: Menu -> Detailed camera options [Gear Menu] -> C -> Half Way Rls With IS = On If you set Fn2 to Magnify, you can then hold the shutter half way down and IS will turn on without zooming back out. You then have to tap Fn2 again to return your view to normal.
Jun 28, 2012 by J. R. Willette
votes
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers