Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Olympus LI-50B Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select Olympus Digital Cameras - Retail Packaging
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Olympus Branded Retail Package
- Fits specific Stylus series models
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Item Dimensions||0.5 x 3.75 x 7.25 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.44 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
1) I ordered this battery in April 2012 and it is dated as July 2011. I have two other batteries dated as 2008 so this new one will be welcome. The other ones have gotten plenty of use and recharges so they don't work for too long anymore. Still, I was expecting a new battery and the seller page did not encourage me to expect anything otherwise.
2) The battery did not come inside the package. I guess that's legit in Asia (?) but it's not very comforting to me, as a customer. The battery has a lot of Japanese characters on it so I assume it's part of the newer Olympus manufacturing (my old batteries were made in China instead of Japan). I wish the seller had made more effort to put the battery into the package. In full disclosure, the product page does say "(Retail Packaging)" but I take that as meaning the battery is NEW and INSIDE the packaging (not that part of my purchase is to receive an opened retail package). There is even a barcode pasted on the back that says "new". Seems like only part of the meaning made it past those translations.
3) The battery appears to be put together a little more cheaply these days. The sticker/label is already coming up when I slide it into and out of the camera. Again, I'm not convinced this battery is new.Read more ›
It did work when I put it in the camera, but I cannot speak to how long it might last on a charge ... I can tell you that the markings do not match the battery that came in my camera. I'm posting simply to let people know this is a "fraudulent" listing .
I got about 300 shots per charge making 600 writes to a 30MB/S Ultra San Disk SD card (high Res Jpegs and RAWs) with only two pics requiring flash (so basically no flash, which you will hardly ever need ...most-likely). So if you take only RAWs or only High Res JPegs, then you will get probably between 500 and 600 shots per full charge. That's decent performance. The battery came in a vinyl pouch so that the contacts don't get shorted out when transporting the extra battery. Very useful. This is definitely the original Olympus product.
There is another cheaper battery out there and that one is not made by Olympus...it's made by Sterling Tek and it clearly states so:STK's Olympus LI-50B Battery - 1500mAh for Olympus XZ-1. I think there are some buyers who have posted a review to the wrong product. Anyhow, just something to be aware of.
Note: I am certain it's an original product. However, they are not the same production run but they both have the same capacity of 925 mAh. The one that came with the XZ-1 is labeled in English and was made for the US market. The one that came from Amazon was sold by 'Franklin Cash Register Inc' according to my shipping receipt and was made for the Japanese market. The replacement battery I received was manufactured after the one supplied with my XZ-1 camera. Also, Olympus does not manufacture this battery. Both the original and the replacement are made by Sony Corporation.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Holds its charge. I bought an off brand some time ago. It barely held enough charge for a couple dozen pictures, and the battery had to recharged before every use. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bertie L
Repeat purchase. Excellent battery. I had to buy a new one because I lost to my original back-up battery.Published 4 months ago by Kenneth W. Church
Battery was manufactured five years ago and would not take a charge!Published 5 months ago by J. G. Roberts