When will the Olympus XZ-1 Be Released!? Need a camera before babies are born and really want this one, but can't wait much longer. Any idea from anyone (even speculation) about when this camera will be released!?
asked by Spudz on February 4, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
b&h photo is saying march, but no specific date in march.
Kent Hong answered on February 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is getting increasingly frustrating to see other sellers with this camera for sale, and not Amazon.
Has ANYONE gotten one of these from Amazon yet? Are they just working through the pre-order list and they have not yet gotten to mine? Or have they really not recieved any of these yet?
Does anyone from Amazon read these pages?

*** Well, since posting the above message I used the Amazon Live Chat and asked when I could expect my XZ1. I kept getting answers to the effect of "We have no idea" & "no shipment date has been released" and the like...
I became increasingly irritated and finally the message that I got was rather cryptic; "Please wait two more days".
Exactly two days later I recieved an email telling me that my camera would be arriving on March ***.
Coincidence? Who knows.***
Thomas J. Bjornsen answered on February 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yeah I'm waiting for this too. I already preordered the day it appeared on amazon.
roots answered on February 10, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
One source, DigitalCameraHQ, says the release date is February 28. Where they got that date is unknown, since the Olympus USA web site doesn't have a release date posted as yet.
Sacratomato answered on February 10, 2011

A
right now (Feb 11 at 11:30 pm PST) I see that willoughby has it in stock, but they jacked up the price to $599. so looks like the camera is trickling in to the stores. hopefully amazon will get their shipment soon.
roots answered on February 11, 2011

A
Any words on When or If Amazon will get the "White Color" in stock?
Snowland answered on February 12, 2011

A
Heads up everyone: just received an email from Amazon an hour ago (Feb 17 at 11 am Pacific) that my order will arrive on Feb 23. Yeepee! FYI, I placed my preorder on Jan 12.
roots answered on February 17, 2011

A
Just ordered the xz-1 today. Contacted amazon and was informed that the next shipment will be on April 8th. I'm fairly disappointed and will probably be ordering from another retailer.
Kevin Weil answered on February 24, 2011

A
Changed my order to CameraSpot, should be arriving within a week =)
Kevin Weil answered on February 24, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product