4.0 out of 5 stars Good, long zoom p&s cam
Published 15 months ago by PSBone

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, but only outdoors.
The Olympus SP-720US iHS camera takes excellent pictures outdoor pictures, however any photos taken indoors are no better than a cheap point-and-shoot camera.
Published 6 months ago by Kennedy Patton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, long zoom p&s cam, April 13, 2013
This review is from: Olympus SP-720UZ iHS Digital Camera with 26x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) (Electronics)
I primarily chose this because it had Dog and Cat Scene modes, see my pix. It's pretty cool as it detects your pets face and automatically shoots, no shutter pressing. I like its also easy to navigate around the cams contorls, zoom is smooth tho haven't use it at the longest end as you'll need very steady hands, and it locks onto its subject quite well. Read another review complaining about the macro mode, w/c even tho I haven't used this cam extensively for that, does suffer from poor focusing or blurry shots. He also mentions the Flash, which you'll have to pop up yourself. I never had problems setting my Flash to Auto and it not firing, so i have no complaints here. If you've seen my pix, indoor shots are pretty good as long as lighting is bright enough, low light isn't bad either, but not the best, while Outdoor shots are sharp and excellent.

All in all not a bad cam, takes good pix, focuses well, not the speediest, but not slow either. Pix are surprisingly sharp and clear, zoom works. Size-wise it's compact, just a tad bulky due to its 26X zoom lens, but design wise love it's very good grip.

Also, I've seen Amazon say that the SP-820uz is a newer model, it's not, it's their highest end model with higher zoom and more features. It's also a bit bigger.

Just wanted to add, as per someone asking if the zoom works in video mode, it does. It's a bit slow, it'll blur slightly while zooming but focuses well in the end and you'll hear the zoom motor working, not loudly, so your audio will be slightly muted while in use. If your not using the zoom or stopped, audio is fine and unaffected.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera for the price., August 14, 2013
You couldn't ask for a better camera for the price. it looks nice. its very easy to use. only a few buttons to navigate the interface with is quite intuitive. I really just wanted a camera to take some nice pictures on trips and things and didn't really care about all the extra features, however after playing with some of the extra features on this camera, i'm happy it has them. The automatic panorama is very cool and simple to use. Has some fun color and image effects. The 1080p video it take looks great. The main reason i chose this camera was the built in (but removable) battery and charger, so i never have to keep buying batteries all the time. I have yet to drain the battery completely before i was able to charge it again. You can also charge the battery by hooking it to a computer via USB so that is nice.
Its a point and shoot camera not a DSLR. i was fully aware of that when i got it.. but it does look like a DSLR camera and has a good weight to it and fits comfortably into your hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing camera!, March 28, 2013
This camera is an awesome buy, the quality of the pictures and videos is astounding. The picture quality does not fade over its epic 26x zoom either making this camera just amazing for its price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Step above a basic point and shoot, March 25, 2013
I got this for my birthday back in Febuary. It's the next level up from a basic point and shoot camera that most people start off with. While its no where near the level of SLRs, the body has some weight to it, so make sure to use both hands to help keep it stable. I haven't used the video format on it yet so I can't comment on that, but the camera takes great photos. Read through the manual though and take some practice shots around your home to get a feel for how the camera works. It's worth the investment if your looking to upgrade from a basic point and shoot, but not ready for a SLR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Camera, September 18, 2013
Lee (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This camera turned out to be the best investment we made for our recent trip to Alaska. The 26x zoom and the light weight were the main motivations for buying this camera. I was prepared for a so-so picture quality, but the results were really good - clear & precise colors for our mountain and glacier shots. We're now recommending this camera to our friends. If you buy this camera, be sure to purchase extra batteries with a separate battery charger so you have backup power to last the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera for the money, July 15, 2013
I bought this camera to replace my Kodak easy share that I lost. this camera is so much better, crystal clear
pictures, and very easy to operate. I like the large 3"screen, It is a bit bulky,however not enough to rate it
lower. I think this is an outstanding value for the money and would recommend this camera to any friend or family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos and has "super macro" for close ups, October 23, 2013
I needed a camera that could take closeups and clear images for Ebay. This camera is amazing and does the job perfectly. There were a few things I wasn't sure how to do, but I opened the manual that was installed on my computer and I am now taking amazing close ups. I'm very happy with this purchase.

I did install the IB software that came with it, and a week later uninstalled that feature. With IB software I did not have an option to erase all images in my camera after importing to my computer and it seemed to just be duplicating what I already had set up. I prefer to just use the "import images" and have it automatically delete from camera. Works best for me.

I have yet to try the beauty feature. But the super macro feature is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, September 24, 2013
I'm a beginner with cameras. I have only used a camera, a point and shoot, while on vacations so I'm not quite a novice. I love this camera because it is a better point and shoot with a rechargeable battery, and a 26x optical zoom for those distant vacation shots. I recommend it for any novice who wants more of a point and shoot camera, and any experienced photographer who want a quick shot and knows how to use its many features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pictures, April 22, 2013
Fantastic. Full HD and beauty images.
Safe buy. Optimizad size a and multiples options to capture.
Very good machine. ok

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Camera!, January 16, 2014
I love this camera. I did quite a bit of research before I finally chose this one and I am more than happy. It takes amazing pictures, has a great battery life and fits well in my hand. For the price, I don't think I could have got a better deal. I don't have anything bad to say about it!

Rate and Discover Movies