5.0 out of 5 stars The best camera EVER
Published on October 28, 2011 by Rocket

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera but Olympus false advertising
Anyone thinking about a Olympus water proof Cameras needs to be aware you will NOT be able to buy any parts for it. As far as I am concerned I have given up on the idea of taking my Tough 8010 into the water. There are to many post online of the night mire of the warranty not covering water leaks as well as long delays to get your camera fixed.

The Other...
Published on December 24, 2011 by tomcat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best camera EVER, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 Black Water/Shockproof Digital Camera 14MP, 28mm 5X Zoom, 2.7" LCD Screen, 2GB Internal Memory, Tap Control, HD Video, and More. Kit Includes 16GB Memory Card, Reader, Battery, Charger, Mini Tripod, Case, and More. (Electronics)
We LOVE LOVE LOVE this camera. We have 3 very active children and we are constantly running from one sporting or school event to another. Or, the baby it grabbing everything and throwing it on the ground. So, we wanted a camera to hold up to anything. We've taken this in the ocean, pool, it's been dropped and thrown in the bottom of my purse or diaper bag for weeks and it just hold up to verything. We really love it and everyone else in my family (mom, dad, brothers, sister) all have one. Don't even hesitate to buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera but Olympus false advertising, December 24, 2011

The Other problem is Olympus tells the customer AFTER you purchase the camera that they have to send it in every 12 months and have the seals replaced to be water proof. Shipping insurance and service will cost me about $100 a year. I requested Olympus to sell me the rubber seal kit and they said flat out NO....

I guess if i have problems no matter how simple I have to look at is it worth it to get it fixed !!! Just to replace the seals is close to half of what a new camera cost. I see many others have this problem and if you search olympus cameras on ebay people are selling there broken water proof cameras for 10 to 15 dollars for parts.

Its very sad olympus used to be a good company but not anymore ! So Beware

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, April 10, 2012
This is my second Olympus Tough waterproof camera. I had my first one for about 5 years and it worked great. I believe I could have gotten more years out of it if I had done what they said and soaked it in clean water after using. Especially when going to the beach with it. So that is 5 years of HARD use. The best thing about this one is that they have switched it to a regular SD card instead of the micro cards that required adapters. I am a little disappointed in the charging method of this camera versus the older version though. I bought extra batteries but if I hadn't had my old charger, it would do me no good. You can only charge the battery by connecting the camera to the wall charger that is included. You can't use it if you have to charge the battery while it is in it. I am a picture taking fool so I will run a battery down during a day and need to replace it to keep going. I would suggest that when you order the camera you get a wall charger for it so that you can charge extra batteries. As for the build, I feel like it may be made a bit better than the older version. The locking switch for the battery door gives me a little more peace of mind. I can't wait to use it. It is the best go anywhere camera you can get. I love that I am able to take pictures in places that I never have been able to before. I never miss a photo opportunity with this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has a lot of options but not good quality pictures, October 29, 2011
I used to have a Sony and it took great pictures. But it was so fragile, it fell and broke. This camera is really good because it is shock and waterproof. But it doesn't take as good pictures. The auto feature that can take multiple pictures as you hold down the button is a good feature but the quality is very grainy and yellow/brown color. Also, on the auto feature, the picture color is not flattering. The flash makes the picture look blue/white. Without the flash, it's orange/yellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Stylus Tough 8010, July 20, 2012
We took this camera on a trip to Belize...the underwater pictures are incredible. We took it zip lining and paddle boarding and it performed perfectly. We are extremely happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!, January 6, 2012
I am very happy with this purchase. The camera is great. Takes great pictures both under water and above. It is a great price to for what it is and all it comes with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a camera!, May 23, 2012
This was my first waterproof camera, and this camera takes great pictures and videos, both under water and onboard the cruise ship. My only difficulty was to actually believe the camera's instructions: To clean camera, rinse and soak in a bowl of water! If Olympus adds phone features to this waterproof camera, then bye-bye iPhone.

4.0 out of 5 stars It really is, April 11, 2014
This camera really is waterproof and shockproof. Good quality, and safe for pool use. Great for pool parties, kids love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing camera, May 9, 2013
Bozo (Fort Worth, Texas) - See all my reviews
The best point and shoot camera I have ever owned. even the video under water is amazing. Make sure you have both locks on for the battery cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS CAMERA, March 23, 2013
We love this camera! It was 100% worth the money we paid. My son has already dropped it twice and it still works perfectly. Haven't had a chance to take it under water, but we bought it for the shock resistance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›