4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent value for money
This is a great camera, light and small with excellent resolution.
a good value for money, I've never used an olympus camera before..
Published on June 25, 2009 by Oscar Pachano

2.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket camera, but don't expect too much.
I bought this camera to keep in my purse for al those times that I'd wished I'd had a camera with me. For that, it's been pretty good.
I thought I gave it three stars, but see that two are there and I am unable to change that.

The cons:
--It doesn't perform terribly well in low-light, but neither did I expect it to.
--It has problems focusing,...
Published on July 17, 2009 by W. Maite

2.0 out of 5 stars Good pocket camera, but don't expect too much., July 17, 2009
This review is from: Olympus Stylus 1040 10MP Black Digital Camera (Electronics)

The cons:
--It has problems focusing, seemingly for no reason, and so the results I've gotten have been somewhat inconsistent as far as blurriness goes.
--There are no manual overrides, outside of controlling the flash, but sub-compact cameras were not designed for that.
--It has a rechargeable battery, which is consistent with cameras of this size, so you always have to make sure you are charged up if you need the camera for a big event.
--There can be some inexplicable color artifacts in some of the photos,even when there is plenty of light.
--It's not the speediest camera.
--It doesn't upload all of the photos into iPhoto (skips quite a bit of them), nor does it indicate which of the uploaded items are movies. I haven't figured out why but, because of this, you have to be careful and make sure all of the photos have been captures before deleting them from the camera. It could be that Olympus is just not as Mac-friendly as my Canons have been.

The pros:
--There are some nice, usable scene modes, which are helpful.
--It has an anti-shake feature.
--The movie mode is fairly decent, although there is no ability to zoom.
--It is teeny,tiny and very lightweight, and can go anywhere.
--The photos are generally pretty good for most uses, sometimes surprisingly so (which is unfortunately not consistent).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent value for money, June 25, 2009
This is a great camera, light and small with excellent resolution.
a good value for money, I've never used an olympus camera before..

5.0 out of 5 stars good experience usuing it, June 4, 2009
this is my first olympus camera personally but it's the first in my house it the 3rd. before i had this camera i had a fuji it was good but i decided i needed more megapixels so i upgraded and this camera worked fine, its not too complicated or too simple .it is light weight and slim. the onlything i would change is i want to playback my pictures without sliding down the lenses..but it has a good overall performance .

Olympus Stylus 1040 10MP Black Digital Camera